Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mai-Otome Zwei

Finally Nao gets to prove how awesome she is and it's ruined by Nina.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Mai Otome Zwei Ova 04

Everything must come to an end... and what an ending... a Sunrise-one definitely.

Loved how they once again connected Mai HiME and Mai Otome with the inclusion of Kagutsuchi and the Red Star.

Dophin-Mikoto was stupid though.

I think I'll wait for another subber. The name NDK doesn't ring any bells for me.

i'm just wondering..
    did Tate showed up in this OVA ?
    ok thanks.

Tate was never on Mai Otome.

Kraco:

Remember Mai Otome is licensed, so don't expect a sub from the previous normal groups.
    And and I didn't see anything bad with this NDK one.

From Doremi-Otome section of Mai Otome:

Update 9-01-2007

-[NDK].Mai-Otome.Zwei.04.[91F34730].avi (9-01-2007)

Zwei licensed by Bandai. Go buy the DVDs when they come out.

Doh. I didn't remember Zwei was also licensed. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to download this one, then.

Guess no one else saw the comment when the torrent was posted on Tokyotosho.
    Comment: What a Sunrise'd ending.​ #(first three keys of the C scale on piano)@irc.​rizon.​net
    Very clever. No one should have any qualms about downloading this version now.

Damn.... I saw that. But didn't understand it. By re-reading it in your post I finally understood. DOH!

Aaaanyways...

Is the Mai Otome Sci Fi Promo at the end another of Sunrise's jokes? Like Mai HiME movie?

Well, the end of Zwei was stupid. We all had to see some variation of it coming, since the OVA never once seemed to take itself serious. I did enjoy the appearance of Mai-Hime Mashiro's True Form...after combining with Fumi of course, heh. Maybe no one else remembers that, it was only a few frames in Mai-Hime anyway.

As far as I can tell, that prequel is completely serious. There wasn't a "Coming in 20006," like the Mai HiME movie had.

Alls well that ends well, even if it didn't make any sense at all. Plenty of silliness and fanservice with a bit of action tosed in, pretty much all I really ever ask of Mai-*. Hopefully Statis-Subs will shrug the license as well so I can burn the same group for all 4.

I'm a little confused, oh well.
    The fusion between Mashiro and Shinso sort of blew the whole thing, and she's defeated that easily. I guess I shouldn't complain >.<

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

A Sunrised ending, alright.

I have to say, as well, that the ending was a bit weak. In the first eps the enemies were totally overpowering but in this ep they got defeated far too easily, no matter what manner of a brilliant plot Nagi supposedly concocted. Sucks to be Nagi, though. He should have orchestrated a bit better assurances for himself before revealing all the details needed.

Why's everyone still waiting for Static-Subs? They already released it:

xvid
    h264

They released it before NDK, actually...

Three year revival... lol...

5 Minute Picture Drama from the Blu Rays

Arika's life at Mai's school.

http://a.scarywater.net/doremi/%5BDo...5D.mkv.torrent+

And wow... so... how does this fit on the timeline? Its all messed up now... my head at least.

Mai-Otome Zwei was an unsatisfying hentai-anime, sorry :/

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    And wow... so... how does this fit on the timeline? Its all messed up now... my head at least.
    At the end of Mai-Hime, you can see Arika running across the background behind Mai and friends at springtime. This special only takes place a few weeks after that from Arika's dialogue about living in a tent.

Nina was always in Mai's class in Mai-Hime (seriously, she is even in the ED).

So...

Mai-Hime -> This Special -> 100s - 1000s of years and a planet or two later -> Mai Otome Sifr -> Mai Otome -> Mai Otome Zwei

Yes, I do know that timeline Ryll.

What messed up my head was Nina, Arika and Ers saying they felt they knew each other from somewhere else. Bit that somewhere else took place thousands of years later... and kid-Nagi and kid-Mashiro were saying something about them living a new life...

You could have been more specific the first time. I answered with what I thought you asked for.

Hmm...I don't think I'd think about it too deeply. There is that giant island the Himes blew up just sitting there in the bay, airplane warning lights all over it. Alyssa was one of the villains in the first series and her Child considered an artificial bastard of a creation. Turn around to Otome and then her rumored descendants are the strongest and most powerful girls on the planet.

It could be we're wrong about the timeline. Perhaps they were never in sequence to begin with. Maybe they've been in a time-shifted parallel all along.

Nina's cat, also...named Nina...has got to be one of the ugliest looking anime cats of all time. It is all scrawny and mangy.

Sorry, my bad. I just didn't want to say much on the same post as the link.

Nina the cat was also featured on Sifr