Thread: Happiness!

Happiness!

Promo out by Umai & ATP, but the torrent doesn't seem to be working, think you can only get from IRC now.

Try this youtube link to watch the promo by Shiawase fansubs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrJaXjiDbw

On the holiday just before the Valentines Day, Kohinata Yuma is called by his bad friend Watarase Jun to buy chocolate with her. Since that day, his fate begins to change.

He happens to meet Kamisaka Haruhi, a school idol as well as the genius girl in magical course at the park, and she gives him a chocolate. Then, because of the mysterious collapse of the school building of magical course, Haruhi transfers to the same class of Yuma, and his troublesome school days is getting worse.

Hiiragi Anri. She has a feeling of competition against Haruhi, and she is called “Walking Disaster Slinkier”
    Komine Koyuki. Her eccentric act always embarrasses… surprises others.
    Kohinata Sumomo. She is his sister-in-law. She is steady, but she is sometimes airhead.

Furthermore, his bad friends Hach , Jun, and a mysterious transfer student acceralate his fate…

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3...,hapiness.html
    http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4594
    http://www.happiness-anime.com/
    Last edited by Zati; Mon, 06-25-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Just watched the first episode. Even if it wasn't any Ichigo Mashimaro, you can still say the name of the series isn't likely too far off the mark. Although I was all the time expecting the main male lead to somehow crack because of some old grudge against magic / mages. I don't know why they depicted him like that, if there isn't something unpleasant in his past.

Well, I don't really have any idea what manner of story they will build in the 13 episodes, but I think I'll keep watching this series to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zati
    What's the difference? Better quality? Retouched Subbing? Pray tell.

KIMOCHI~II

Proper chapters, Labeled tracks, Changed default fonts or rather default styles, fixed XviD encode and something about a fixed name?

Doh... I thought the guy had established the barrier there. But no. And then I thought he would do something about the rain. But no. I wonder how long we have to wait until he uses magic. And I hope this won't turn into a sob story with the guy having a tragic past and hating magic, and the girl will gradually heal him... Of course the dude must have some bad experiences with magic (and I certainly hope he didn't lose someone important, and he's disappointed because he couldn't save that person with magic), but damn he should just get over it and impress the girl and his pals with his magical prowess!

There clearly isn't happiness in the air, so let's fill the void some:

Episode 4 xvid - Shiawase
    Episode 4 h264 - Shiawase

Let's not be discouraged by the overwhelming popularity of this show around here:

Episode 5 xvid - Shiawase
    Episode 5 h264 - Shiawase

The roars of gotwooters demanding more Happiness releases are deafening, so let's have another episode:

Episode 6 h264 - Shiawase
    Episode 6 xvid - Shiawase

I guess I'll download them, it can't hurt... right?

That's quite correct: It can't hurt. The name of the series is "Happiness!", and it isn't that for no reason.

However, as contradictory as it may sound after that statement, this series is actually starting to aggravate me badly. Just how bloody long they are going to take before the dude is going to use magic again? It feels like this has been sidetracked for ages now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    However, as contradictory as it may sound after that statement, this series is actually starting to aggravate me badly. Just how bloody long they are going to take before the dude is going to use magic again? It feels like this has been sidetracked for ages now.
    Sidetracked? From a point of destination? This show had such a thing? Wow, I must've forgotten all about it...

Oh, by the way, for all of you seeking out the King of Traps, Jun Watarase:

http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/%5BAya...5D.avi.torrent (xvid)
    http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/Happin...5D.mkv.torrent (h264)

^OVA (by Ayako) episode centered around the one and only!

KIMOCHI~II

Wow... the trap matches Bridget (Guilty Gear), maybe even surpassed him...
    I read a little about the series a while back, so it didn't totally shock me, but it was still a little unsettling. (O, and is there something wrong with me if I'm a little jealous of Jun?... )

Well, I kind of understand what Kraco said, it does seem a bit "sidetracked." The whole thing doesn't even seem like it has a major continuous plot, but it's just as well; I'm not really expecting a heavy and deep plot here, just looking for something fun and light.

No more than half a year after Shiawase dropped the series we get some more doses of Happiness:

Episode 7 - ray=out
    Episode 8 - ray=out
    Episode 9 - ray=out
    Episode 10 - ray=out
    Episode 11 - ray=out
    Episode 12 - ray=out
    Last edited by Kraco; Sun, 10-21-2007 at 03:50 AM.