Thread: Game: FPS's

Game: FPS's

So... what FPS's are you people playing nowadays? I haven't had much time for games over the past year, but I've been getting back into it as my work schedule gets a little more stable.

Now playing:
    - Battlefield 2 (currently Gunnery Sergeant)
    - Team Fortress Classic
    - Black
    - Doom (the actual original Doom, with online source ports)
    - Unreal co-op (rarely)

What I'm looking forward to:
    - Black Mesa: Source (HL2 mod)
    - Sven Co-op 2 (also HL2 mod)
    - Battlefield 2142
    - Black 2
    - Bioshock
    - Have a Quake 3 LAN match planned in the near future

How about you guys?

The only FPS's I've ever really been interested in were UT99 and BF1942/Desert Combat. Never played UT competitively, but it's way better than all these new ones like 2k3, 2k4, etc, and my clan from Desert Combat (mod for BF1942) was #3 in North America. I liked BF2 for awhile, but it's too damn newbified. It had a lot of potential but was ruined by EA listening to all the pubbers' cries and "fixing" everything they thought was wrong.

I'm not currently playing anything, but if I were, it would be CS:S.
    Last edited by mage; Wed, 10-04-2006 at 01:51 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    counter strike: source is the only FPS for me nowadays.

I previously enjoyed Halo (and a bit of Halo 2), but now I simply can't enjoy a game like Halo where you need to pump almost a full clip of bullets into a person to kill them and where if you let them run away for a second all their health comes back...

played Call of Duty: Big Red One for the Gamecube recently, and thought it stunk pretty badly. Graphics were nice but the gameplay just didn't seem smooth at all.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by mage
    I liked BF2 for awhile, but it's too damn newbified. It had a lot of potential but was ruined by EA listening to all the pubbers' cries and "fixing" everything they thought was wrong.
    Totally agree with you there. They still have yet to fix anything like the Magical Collision-Free AT, the sniping PKM, the one-hit-kill G3 and basically nerfing anything that evened the playing field between regular infantry and vehicle whores. Or anything, for that matter.

Now it's a big game of rock-paper-scissors. Since every class has such obvious weaknesses, it's damn near impossible to defend/attack anywhere without a full well-rounded squad (unless you know how to use an attack chopper, of course; then you basically own the entire map). And then there's the atrocious server browser...

Even so, I have a few pub servers that I enjoy going to, so I'll be playing for a while. I've heard the Project Reality mod is good...

Day of Defeat for some reason I enjoy using WWII weapons more than those in CS, go figure.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Apparently Naruto likes to play CS too...
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9743/csnarutowe2.jpg

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

is that a naruto cs skin

ty psj for this sig

I usually play:

- BF2 (despite it being nerfed, playing with IRL friends is still pretty fun)
    - CS:S and regular CS
    - Wolfenstein: ET (occasionally because it's free)
    - UT

Hey, has anyone played the demo for BF: 2142?

A few days ago I went to my local LAN hub and played the demo. Mecha-droid-things are pretty badass, and it seems like it's gonna be a damn good game in my opinion.

I used to play America's Army, because it's free.

I played the BF2142 demo. I have many complaints. I'll go play it again, and then address them here. By then I'll have more, I promise.

I'm also about to install the Project Reality Mod for BF2. We'll see how that is.