Thread: A Country Girl in the City

petertos

Arrow A Country Girl in the City

Hello all!

I've just created an animated tv internet series called 'A Country Girl in the City'. I would like you to watch the first and second chapter and, if you want, give me an opinion about it.

http://acountrygirlinthecity.blogspot.com/.

Hope ya like it!

Uhhh...

I can honestly say that I've never seen anything as dumb and pointless as this in my life.

I constantly looks like there is something below your view that she is humping...especially when she is sitting in the desk

I'm official.

Aye... I can't but commend you for the effort and the amount of work, but there are probably some things that could have been different. I'm aware that "humping" Z was referring to is a style present here and there also in the wider world, mainly an artificial unstable style of animation. I have no idea where that style's roots are, maybe in the past where technology didn't allow smooth, stable animation, although remembering old Disney stuff and such, that's also a questionable theory.

Well, anyway, that excessive instability of the animation and the music that pushed me halfway into a coma were my main gripes. The stories as such weren't actually that bad, all things considered. I could clearly see where you were heading, and how it served the theme you described in some of the explanations on the page. Very short stories with solid plots aren't the easiest of things to build.

Still, the graphical style wasn't really suitable for my tastes. I'm not a member of this anime forum for no reason, after all.

lol the humping made it funny

ty psj for this sig

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I think I saw this on Sesame Street one time...

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Jesus christ....I'm sorry man, the only thing that I might like about your....thingies....is the humping, kinda funny. Other than that...If you have time to do this....go develop a cure for Aids...
    Last edited by Lucifus; Thu, 10-19-2006 at 06:35 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    on a more positive note...

it is pretty cool that you put something together like this in the first place. there is alot of room for improvement, but you shouldn't be discouraged by that. you obviously like to draw and should keep doing it. maybe experimenting with different styles would help.

also, this is a mostly an anime forum, where standards are pretty high for quality of art and all that. i'm sure you'd get much better feedback from deviantart or other, more artist based, online communities.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I think I lost a few IQ points right there...

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

The concept isn't what you would call original and after awhile(like the second flick) it gets pretty boring. There isn't much happening either nothing you can relate or identify with either. the constant "humping" motion is funny at first but it gets old pretty fast.

Good try though, I would say try something else or add something to really make it your own. you might want to consider extending the showing time since you do have your opening and end credits in there. That in it self gets boring to lookt at if you watch all the chapters back to back. But it is not really a big problem, but more content would improve whatever you're trying to do.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    also, this is a mostly an anime forum, where standards are pretty high for quality of art and all that. i'm sure you'd get much better feedback from deviantart or other, more artist based, online communities.
    Good advice, but going to Deviantart isn't going to do him (her?) any good. Artists need practice and critique for improvement. The only thing deviantart will provide is automatic praise and acceptance of any half-assed, sloppily done, or clearly untalented work.

It would work if deviantart was actually an online artist community, but it's really just become another crappy livejournal site. Only with pictures. All the preteens and anime artist-wannabes are still there, though.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs