Thread: Problem with MP4s and Sync

Problem with MP4s and Sync

I've recently started having a problem with my MP4 files which makes me wonder if I'm missing a codec or something. No matter which player I use, the video and the audio gradually lose sync. At first it's not a big problem (what's 1 second off in the long run...) but if I let it go it the problem gets larger and larger (got tired of timing it when it hit the 15 second mark). I can resync by pausing and restarting the video, but after the 20th time doing that just to watch one episode it gets kind of tiring. So what I'm wondering is if anyone has any idea what might be causing this/how it can be fixed...

Thanks,
    S.O.

What are your pc specs? Does this happen with all your mp4's or just one in particular?

It's all my MP4s, but none of my other video files... I've got a gig of RAM, video card is Radeon 9800, and 3 GHz Pentium 4

Yeah, I don't think there's a problem there.
    What codecs do you have installed and what player are you using?
    I would suggest you unistall all codecs you have and install the CCCP, and play the files in Media Player Classic.

Alright, I'll give it a shot once I get home from class. Is there an easy way to find and uninstall all my codecs, or do I need to manually hunt and find them?

Easiest way would be going down the Add/Remove programs list I would say. CCCP also might find some when you try to install it and ask you to uninstall them, but that's not always the case, it mostly finds conflicting codec packs.

That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks Bud.