Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Heroes

TV: Heroes

Just watched the premier of Heroes. I stumbled on to this show completely by accident about 80 seconds before it started, and i have to say im loving it. Its like X-men in real life, but more subtle. The first episode reminded me of Surface, i guess cuz of the indian doctor (evolutionary biologist or something?), and the mysterious man with the glasses. He seems to be a a governmnt agent or something, but its too early to say.

What's really intresting is the way all these people seem to be connected, like the cheerleader and the guy with the glasses, or the artist and the male nurse (and ofcourse, the nurse and the indian doctor). Also, it seems that the second episode is going to feature some catastrophic event, which is pretty intresting to see this early one.

Anyway, heres the official site for those who are intrested. And for those who are lazy, the show is basically about a handful of individuals who notice they have certain abilities (being able to fly, controlling space/time, invulnerability, seeing the future etc), and its implied that these individuals are the next step in human evolution. Like i said, its sorta like x-men, in real life.

So, who else saw the show, and what were your impressions. Im especiall intrested to know what you guys think of that stripper mom. A very intresting power indeed.

I was expecting much better, the pilot itself didn't say much to me. As of now, I'll preffer watching Vanished or Runaway with all it's cheesiness. Hopefully the execution in the coming episodes improves substantially.

I missed the premiere due to feeling sick and falling asleep before. I am currently looking for a download of it.

I'm official.

Thanks Bud. Although it seems that that torrent was deleted. I'll just wait til its encore at 8.

I'm official.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Well I only saw like the last 15 min. of this(didn't bother watching the encore tonight), and it looked like the only interesting person to watch is the girl with the healing factor.

R.I.P Captain America.

Okay just finished the first episode (pilot) and I must say that it is awesome. I am probably gonna be addicted to this series for some time.

I'm official.

it did seem pretty interesting...probably the only nbc show i want to watch.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    I think they might have rushed the first episode too much like they had to get all the preliminary stuff out there. Interesting theory though. I wonder what kind of power the hot mom has.

Apparently going psycho when you look in a mirror is a superpower. She blacks out, and when she wakwes up she finds that she's killed two bad guys. That's some heroics.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

I also thought the delivery was a bit weak on this one. It reminds me of Surface in the way it's trying to tie lots of people to some event or circumstance that's not fully fleshed out, withs some shady evil group trying to be evil.

In fact, it reminds me so much of Surface I'm wondering why they would drop Surface for this, when the Surface premier was more engaging than this one. And if people didn't like Surface why would they like a Surface clone based on X-Men.

I am definately going to be addicted to this show for a while.

Just the idea of it is so cool. Xmen is more of a nonrealistic type of movie, where people dress up in costumes and have somewhat unrealistic abilities. I'm not saying that it isn't entertaining, It's just not as realistic.

Heroes is actually something that could very well happen in real life, and is more of something you can relate to. Now, I'm not saying that it's possible to jump off a cliff and survive, I'm just saying that the idea of the show is more realistic and appealing than most shows, and I cannot wait tell episode two premieres.

I turned this show off when the indian looking teacher said "It is said we only use 10% of our brains." Stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    I am definately going to be addicted to this show for a while.

Just the idea of it is so cool. Xmen is more of a nonrealistic type of movie, where people dress up in costumes and have somewhat unrealistic abilities. I'm not saying that it isn't entertaining, It's just not as realistic.

Heroes is actually something that could very well happen in real life, and is more of something you can relate to. Now, I'm not saying that it's possible to jump off a cliff and survive, I'm just saying that the idea of the show is more realistic and appealing than most shows, and I cannot wait tell episode two premieres.
    Relateable maybe, but only b/c it's an NBC/Universal show, and they're basically cut from a formula and you just add a source of conflict, much like the WB does with teen shows.

Also the only difference between this and X-Men is the level of mutant development when the story begins. I would imagine the X-Men universe was much like the Heroes universe when Charles Xavier was younger. With people like Xavier and Magnus trying to understand and help mutants and people like Striker trying to eliminate/control them.

EDIT: Thanks whoever deleted the dbl post, sorry about that.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Mon, 10-02-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Ditching the costumes makes this series seem more realistic? I see people walking around in costumes all the time! (Even when it's not halloween; I live in a weird area).

As for the episode I watched of this show: I hated it. I guess that's to be expected, though, since movie theaters and commercials fed the same teaser to me over, and over, and over again. "I walked through fire and didn't get burned..." Everytime I hear that shit, I not only cringe for the utterly horrible acting, but I can't help but wonder: "Good. You want a cookie or trophy for that?"

They advertised it so much in my area that I'll probably never bother watching it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Genma
    I live in a weird area
    I hated it.
    Everytime I hear that shit, I not only cringe for the utterly horrible acting
    "Good. You want a cookie or trophy for that?"
    Try watching the show when you aren't depressed or cutting your wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    Try watching the show when you aren't depressed or cutting your wrists.
    Okay, apparently living in a weird area and having a dislike for bad acting makes me a suicidal, depressed person. 10 points for Mizuchi for figuring that out!

Okay, apparently living in a weird area and having a dislike for bad acting makes me a suicidal, depressed person. 10 points for Mizuchi for figuring that out!
    My apologies, I didn't know Genma's acting standards are broadway level.

Mizuchi shut the fuck up, you're so fucking dumb... You derail the thread one more time you're taking a permanent vacation from the forums.

Getting back on track, I watched the second episode tonight. It was much better than the first.

A few new characters were introduced. Mohinder met his dead father's neighbor. She has no superpowers from what I can tell, but she's clever. The other new character was the mind reading cop, Parker. We learn something about a serial killer (maybe Petrelli) who's taking peoples' brains.

I loved the twist ending with Hiro.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco