Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seems Claymore's still one of the big things going around in Japan. The manga chapters are to be released in Jump Square, a new monthly manga compilation which boasts some new promising titles. Planned for released in Nov, I was trying to find this figure of Clare in Akihabara, but it seems that it's only up for reservations.

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

well, Pris allways had the inverse proportion thing, she looked like a baby when she was a claymore, but she still got #2, that's her signature look, the innocent child anime cliche', her 'fight' with Isely just showed how strong and unwell (mentally) she is.

Alicia, on the other hand, has a serious look, and even her incomplete personallity looks like she always means buisness and goes all out.
    Sure, it doesn't mean she isn't imensly strong and that she couldn't be the strongest, but i just can't see it happenning.
    on the other hand, the beast girl (something with M? forgot her name) might turn out to be a good rival for Pris.
    Riful might look a small girl, but she doesn't act as one, and I doubt we've seen her true awakened form.

This isn't the anime, I don't think they have more than one Awakened form. Isely went all out against Priscilla in Extra 4, but he was just a bigger version of the time he fought Lucelia. As for Riful, she doesn't really have a form anyway. Over the centuries(?) she's probably developed many ways to use the ribbons, like any Claymore develops sword techniques. They just don't show everything they can do from the start. She's certainly more adaptive than Isely and maybe even Priscilla. Even Lucelia didn't really change forms. In her fight with Isely, the mouths all over her body just remained closed.

We've pointed out the parallels with Priscilla and Miata before. Both fight with instinct rather than yoki. Both are hunting an ex-Claymore who doesn't want to be found, and specializes in sensing yoki. Both are very young for being so highly ranked. The difference is Miata is even more mentally unstable, but still has a parental figure in Clarice. Priscilla awakened out of fear and the memory of losing her father. Miata still has someone, and I hope that makes the difference with Galatea.

Raw chapter 74 is out, counting minutes for translations.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

:O!!

Galatea's blind? wonder how that happened. And it seems like Miaata is going to awaken. Now that would be an interesting battle. Galatea is freaking badass...being able to read youki even when the other two are on the pill. I really hope she doesn't die here...i want her to join up with the others, so we can have a final showdown against the organization.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    :O!!

Galatea's blind? wonder how that happened. And it seems like Miaata is going to awaken. Now that would be an interesting battle. Galatea is freaking badass...being able to read youki even when the other two are on the pill. I really hope she doesn't die here...i want her to join up with the others, so we can have a final showdown against the organization.
    Didn't she fight against the former old n°5 or something, explaining why she lost her eyes?

What's impressive is for her to immediately feel her poweres are inferior to Miata's. Eventhough that doesn't mean she would loose... Well let's read chapter 75

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

the last thing of Galenta I remember is when she met Alicia and Beth, I don't think she met Raphela (that was qucikdraw-Ileana).

Raphaela was busy killing her sister (by shattering her back) when we last saw Galatea. The Organization presumed Raphaela was dead, and as yet, she hasn't been seen by anyone. Though it's true she is the best at hiding.

I've been holding off on picking a favorite besides Clare but I'll have to go with Galatea after this chapter. She's completely badass.

quite high quality.

so Claymore is going to be a 'hook' to pump up a new monthly manga magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    quite high quality.

so Claymore is going to be a 'hook' to pump up a new monthly manga magazine?
    I'm not too sure about Claymore being the 'hook', but the cover of the manga magazine features this new series called "Embalmin - The Another Tale of Frankenstein". It looks pretty good, so perhaps you guys can try it out when the scanlations come around.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Piping hot Claymore chapter 75

http://www.franky-house.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1226

Enjoy. I'll edit to comment later.

EDIT: [staying vague for now]

Pretty smart planning by Galatea...if it had worked out.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 12-02-2007 at 02:06 PM.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    It's like Naruto all over again...

R.I.P Captain America.

Galatea is Defensive so she'll be okay, but I'm a bit surprised that Clarice would be willing to let an entire city be destroyed as long as they take Galatea out.

Ya that surprised me too, i really hope Galatea somehow survives this, shes been one of my top 10 Claymores.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

how the hell did galatea lose her arm? and what was that technique that wont work twice?

The answer to those are related.

What "won't work twice" was Galatea's yoki manipulation trick she used on Duff long ago. Being not dumb as a rock and a former number 2 herself, the Awakened (Agatha) knew just as well as Riful did then what Galatea is doing. So, Agatha ripped Galatea's arm off during the second pass with her tentacles.

As Yuki pointed out, it's not like it matters to Galatea, she's a defensive type. She can always grow it back.

Does it look like galatea has her eyes back on that last page? her eye sockets seem to be glowing

Yes, new chapters of Claymore are released in a monthly manga compilation called Jump Square. I mentioned this in a previous post, so check out that post for the link to the official site.