Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Claymore

Maybe that.
    But you´re forgetting about a more fucked up explanation for why Priscilla´s "ghost" showed up here. That organization guy explicitly said "she´s beyond an abyssal being". What does that even mean? Imo, it makes little sense to say something like that if all you´re trying to tell is "she´s even stronger".

We had Youma, we have Awakened Beings, and we had Abyssal Beings. Each being significantly evolved from the prior. Last time we saw Claire and Priscilla, "something" did happen to them. My out-of-leftfield assumption is that Priscilla indeed evolved into an even higher stage of a Youma. And part of her newly gained abilities is to connect to other Youma. I mean, if I remember correctly, her and Claire mixed into some kind of weird, giant cocoon. Wouldn´t surprise me if that is now the Youma-analogy to a server, with other Youma being clients that Priscilla is able to connect to.

Of course, that´s all just wild interpretation and guessing on my part. Your theory is probably right

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Maybe that.
    But you´re forgetting about a more fucked up explanation for why Priscilla´s "ghost" showed up here. That organization guy explicitly said "she´s beyond an abyssal being". What does that even mean? Imo, it makes little sense to say something like that if all you´re trying to tell is "she´s even stronger".

We had Youma, we have Awakened Beings, and we had Abyssal Beings. Each being significantly evolved from the prior. Last time we saw Claire and Priscilla, "something" did happen to them. My out-of-leftfield assumption is that Priscilla indeed evolved into an even higher stage of a Youma. And part of her newly gained abilities is to connect to other Youma. I mean, if I remember correctly, her and Claire mixed into some kind of weird, giant cocoon. Wouldn´t surprise me if that is now the Youma-analogy to a server, with other Youma being clients that Priscilla is able to connect to.

Of course, that´s all just wild interpretation and guessing on my part. Your theory is probably right
    New Youma Power: Astral Projection!!

^ That's my version of new powers of higher evolved Youma, lol.

The server idea is interesting. We've already seen synching and shit going on between sister/twin claymores and stuff already after all.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Abyssal are all awakened beings, it`s not a new step.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    Abyssal are all awakened beings, it`s not a new step.
    Personally I never considered them to be a new step, but I do consider Priscilla as perhaps something that transcends anything we've seen thus far.

I'm expecting everyone to get off the island at some point.. but what would they do after that? I would actually rather stay on the island instead and fortify it from outside intrusion.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    I think we will get to that in a few years.

It's certainly a true that an entity (server) that could remotely control other awakened beings would be the one thing the Organization needed to finish their plans. Assuming they could control that server. I wonder if they actually do have a plan for that minor detail.

I'm glad to see Raki again. He's in for some bad news, though...

Extra Scene 5

[MiB] Claymore c.Extra Scene 5: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing

'me duff! me strong but stupid! you cute! your charm makes me better man. tragic destiny ahead! maybe one decides to follow the other and become awakened to stay together!'

although, Duff vs the girsl was one of my favorite fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    'me duff! me strong but stupid! you cute! your charm makes me better man. tragic destiny ahead! maybe one decides to follow the other and become awakened to stay together!'
    I would have guessed that one awakened after the other to protect them (ie a squad was sent to kill the first awakened one. The other awakened when their claymore-form no longer supplied enough power to protect the first from the kill squad).

At least, that's the scenario I had in my head first, but if Riful was the one who awoke first, then she'd be pretty absurdly powerful to need the likes of Duff to awaken. On the other hand, if the kill squad forced even Riful to awaken, they must have been pretty damn strong.

My perception may be off though, since the only #2-5 vs #1 fight we've seen was between Theresa and her pursuers, and she may have been an exception in that she was way ahead of everyone else.

Chapter 126

[MiB] Claymore c.126: SendSpace | MediaFire | Online Viewing
    Last edited by Marik; Wed, 05-02-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Updated Online Vieiwng link.

wait, what?

Well finally we get some answers as for what Youma's are and where they come from. Plus some more information on the Descendants of Dragons.

I was more confused by the "claymore - the end" comment.

it doesn't feel like a final chapter...
    or maybe it was just the end of the "claymore" organization...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Oh that. Yeah now that you mention it, it did read a little odd. But I don't think it's the end of the entire series. I mean there's still the issue of Clare/Priscilla.

I see I´m not the only being wtf-ed by the "Claymore - End" text on the last page. Could be anything, but ... do we know how popular the series is in Japan? Maybe it was forced to be wrapped up due to shrinking readership numbers?

About the chapter itself: When Miria said how it was enough for her to stain human blood, did she mean Rimuto? Because for some reason I was confused, if she was talking about those two monsters. Weird context. Nah, had to be Rimuto.

Ugh, really hope this isn´t some rushed wrap-up final chapter. The sudden explanation of what Youma are makes it feel like that, though.

That end declaration confuses me as well. However, it's hard to see this to be a sudden last chapter, especially due to the Dae and Rubel's talk, which would have been a very strange thing to leave there if the manga had been cut short.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    About the chapter itself: When Miria said how it was enough for her to stain human blood, did she mean Rimuto? Because for some reason I was confused, if she was talking about those two monsters. Weird context. Nah, had to be Rimuto.
    Just moment before she told the other two to slay any organization men they found - so for her to say it's enough for her to be the only one to soil her hands is a bit questionable. Unless she was absolutely sure the other two would find nothing. But in that case she wouldn't have seemed kind of surprised to see Rimuto down there. Maybe there was a translation error and she was really talking about being the only one from that land to kill those monsters?

Ah, k. Nah, for a brief moment I thought we just witnessed some kind of Neon Genesis Evangelion-moment, but that was my imagination.

I think it's just taking a break and getting relaunched.

Blog Entries
    I think this just got canceled...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I think this just got canceled...
    These guys don't think so.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1986077

My perspective is that "Claymore" that focused on these guys is ending. Perhaps a new series will start up that takes on a new protagonist in the major war that's going on, with the Claymore characters joining in later as some side/secondary characters.

That, or like Y/DBZ reckons, they're having a sequel. The change of name can indicate that the girls no longer call themselves Claymores (not that they ever really did, but they refuse to be acknowledged as such now?)

Random parasite coming out of Descendents of Dragons is kinda... eh?

So these dragon fellows can irreversibly transform. (I can't remember if they lose their minds when they do).

Mixing the flesh of a transformed and original DoD yields a parasite that lives through (and feeds on) humans.

Claymores are made by inserting Youma flesh into the girls... so does this flesh actually contain any parts or consciousness of the parasite? You re-establish the urge to eat humans after you awaken, but that's only after you reach a threshold.. before which you can still benefit from an increase in power without disastrous side effects (until you reach 80% output - after which the output involuntarily rises until the 100% awakening threshold).

The Youma thing is easy enough to deal with if you just swallow it.. but the creation of Claymores themselves based on that same concept is pretty muddy still.