Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 324

shikamaru's plan will be to make hidan spit up the blood he licked up from asuma
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    one of 3 things is going to happen in the next chapter,

1)Asserts theory is going to be right,
    2)shikamaru will knock Hidan out of the circle letting the 2 other
    Jounin's kill him in some way,or
    3)number 2, with Shikamaru bleeding Hidan's blood out someway

something amazing is going to happen, because we all know Kishi wouldn't have ended 324 that way, if it wasn't going to.

you never know b/c it's kishimoto's work...

he can basically give us a crappy chapter or an amazingly good one to end the fight against hidan...

So yeah, somehow Shikamaru's plan will break the curse, Kakuzu will say "WTF!" and step in, and somehow Asuma will sacrifice his own life to allow the good guys to win. Hmm, I think I'm just stating the obvious here...

Anyhow, great chapter. I love a good Shikamaru strategy.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

One thing that's not quite adding up for me is that everytime before when we've seen the aftermath of Hidan's ritual there's been a huge wake of destruction. There has to be more to his ability then just the whole voodoo doll thing.

Unless Hidan's role in combat is to assasinate the strongest target while Kuzuku does the rest of the damage with his unrelenting rage. I'm hoping that Shikimaru will figure out one thing but delays Hidan only to find out that theres more to Hidan's ritual circle thingy after tha either the akatsuki will run as Konoah reinforcements arrive or vice versa. That's my prediction. Bonus points to kishi if he actually manages to kill someone off. If he's to gain back any of artistic credibility he lost during the rather painful v 2.0 Sasuke chase arc he's got to start killing some characters.

I don't think asuma will die just yet. A fight has to progress to the point where he's isolated into a 1v1 battle first.....he won't die as long as his teammates are helping out.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterMagnet
    One thing that's not quite adding up for me is that everytime before when we've seen the aftermath of Hidan's ritual there's been a huge wake of destruction. There has to be more to his ability then just the whole voodoo doll thing.

Unless Hidan's role in combat is to assasinate the strongest target while Kuzuku does the rest of the damage with his unrelenting rage. I'm hoping that Shikimaru will figure out one thing but delays Hidan only to find out that theres more to Hidan's ritual circle thingy after tha either the akatsuki will run as Konoah reinforcements arrive or vice versa. That's my prediction. Bonus points to kishi if he actually manages to kill someone off. If he's to gain back any of artistic credibility he lost during the rather painful v 2.0 Sasuke chase arc he's got to start killing some characters.
    i dont see why people find it nessecary to kishimoto to kill off characters to prove thats hes a good writer. killing off characters wont make a story automatically good. kishis problem is that there is no real threat present. he says that something will certainly kill someone and somehow they survive.kishis killed characters before (hes not oda who keeps everyone alive despite them suffering injuries that should have killed them). we still complain about neji and chouji, but do you really think that shikamaru would continue being a ninja if his best friend died? hes was the type that would give up easily. what kishi needs to do isnt start killing characters left and right. he needs to stop using the certain death card to excite us so often.

Killing Chouji (a completely useless character) would have been a major turning point for Shikamaru. Somehow, he would see past this and realize that people die in ninja battles, then he would become a better ninja because of this and his character would advance even further. It's so easy to make it better than the happy happy everyone lives shit that Kishimoto writes. He ate the red fucking pill that kills anyone that eats it for fucks sake.
    Last edited by mage; Sun, 09-24-2006 at 10:27 PM.

" the basics of shonen manga are smiles and a happy ending." - nobuhiro watsuki

you forget that the manga is meant for young readers. if the sasuke chase arc would have ended with neji and chouji dying on top of sasuke leaving there would have been no happy ending. not to mention that in my opinon the deaths of chouji and neji would have overshadowed the true downer of the story arc, sasuke leaving. it bad enough that everyone pretty much got owned had to get saved and they failed the mission. keeping those characters alive added light to an otherwise dark story.

i still feel as if choujis death wouldnt have helped shikamaru. at that age and experiance i dont think that he would have been able to take losing his best friend in a failed mission. i also dont believe that his fathers words would have been as strong if chouji lived.

Shikamaru is not a real person. He is whoever Kishomoto makes him. It would be very easy to create a scenario where he comes back from Chouji's death and becomes a better and wiser person because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RasenDori
    " the basics of shonen manga are smiles and a happy ending." - nobuhiro watsuki
    That's strange considering everyone and their mom was pissed off when Chouji didn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by mage
    Shikamaru is not a real person. He is whoever Kishomoto makes him. It would be very easy to create a scenario where he comes back from Chouji's death and becomes a better and wiser person because of it.

well i think they want the characters to be as real as possible to the reader my friend. Thats one of the points of character devlopement to make the reader like/dislike the character and even to relate in some instances.

anyway back to the point i am starting to have the feeling asuma will not die just yet. if anything i believe we are gonna see another akatsuki memebr go down. with both asuma and shika comeing up with a plan something really special is gonna happen.

If hidan doesnt get killed then it will probably be something like the reinforcements come so they retreat. with the inforcements not chaseing so they can tend to asumas wounds.

Removed Spoilers
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 09-25-2006 at 11:00 AM.

I KNEW you were going to come and make some shitty argument against me when I saw you logged in. Keeping Chouji alive is not realistic and it does not make any of the other characters' personalities anymore realistic. It would be MUCH more realistic and would add MUCH more in terms of character development for Shikamaru to have his friend die and have to go through life thinking there was some way he could've stopped it. People die in real life, "my friend."

Now, there's the possibility that Asuma might die, too. It would be WAY cool for Shikamaru's two closest friends to die in battle with him because he couldn't stop it. He would end up being the coolest character in the series. It's too bad I'm not writing this shit.

Nobody felt anything when Chouji was kept alive (other than hatred for Kishimoto). Your grammar has gotten better but you still can't create an argument worth shit.

PS. I'm better than you.

Removed Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by bxgreatone87
    well i think they want the characters to be as real as possible to the reader my friend. Thats one of the points of character devlopement to make the reader like/dislike the character and even to relate in some instances.

anyway back to the point i am starting to have the feeling asuma will not die just yet. if anything i believe we are gonna see another akatsuki memebr go down. with both asuma and shika comeing up with a plan something really special is gonna happen.

If hidan doesnt get killed then it will probably be something like the reinforcements come so they retreat. with the inforcements not chaseing so they can tend to asumas wounds.
    Whether or not the characters feel "real" to you is irrelevant. Also, keep in mind this is a fictional story. The whole point of character development is to characterize through which a story teller informs the audience about the character's personality, history, thought processes, etc.The better the audience knows the character, the better the character development.

Character development may sometimes be confused with the changing of a character's personality; this is known as dynamic development.

So far all we have seen from Shikamaru is static development, and frankly, unless Chouji dies we won't see Shikamaru dynamically develop.

thats not true. shikamaru seems to be statically developed because he was never an asshole like gaara, neji, sasuke, sai, etc. become a lot more responsible since his involvment in the a rank mission during the chuunin exam. in my opinion shikamaru has evolved into one of the most important side characters to this story.

That's strange considering everyone and their mom was pissed off when Chouji didn't die.
    thats everyone and their mom at these forums, and most of us (if not all of us) arent the target age group for this story. im sure a bunch of 11-15 yr olds rejoiced. hell i rejoiced when neji was saved (although i gain respect for chouji i was stil meh about him). and as i said before their lives being spaired brought light to the dark story arc. killing characters all the time doesnt make a story cool all the sudden. and author has to take responsibility for his target age group, and face it, shonen manga is all smiles. one piece remains popular without killing anyone. you want death and sadness, read something thats targeted for older people.

I KNEW you were going to come and make some shitty argument against me when I saw you logged in. Keeping Chouji alive is not realistic and it does not make any of the other characters' personalities anymore realistic. It would be MUCH more realistic and would add MUCH more in terms of character development for Shikamaru to have his friend die and have to go through life thinking there was some way he could've stopped it. People die in real life, "my friend."

Now, there's the possibility that Asuma might die, too. It would be WAY cool for Shikamaru's two closest friends to die in battle with him because he couldn't stop it. He would end up being the coolest character in the series. It's too bad I'm not writing this shit.

Nobody felt anything when Chouji was kept alive (other than hatred for Kishimoto). Your grammar has gotten better but you still can't create an argument worth shit.

PS. I'm better than you.
    you prove my point u dumb bastard. Why would he kill off chougi/neji and make that the big point of the story in the sasuke arc when he wanted to make the whole point of that arc about sasuke leaving. The story ain't about shika anyway we are never gonna see a huge developement of him so asuma's death wont make a big boost in his character at all.

good thing you are'nt the writer of this story it would have never come out. The only characters we are ever gonna see huge developement for that is gonna be important to the whole series is team 7. other wise maybe a little bit here and there like neji in the tourny or shika after the mission failed and, asuma lately makeing us think he is gonna die...etc other wise not much.

PS: It's sad you wait to see when im online to see what i post. if that makes you better then me i dont wanna be better. get a life and a real one not one on these forums. Like how you block your reputation shows you hurt when people disagree with you.

Removed spoilers
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 09-25-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Haha, you're a total idiot, seriously. Killing off Chouji would not be the major point of the arc. Even if he died, it still wouldn't overshadow Sasuke leaving. The fact that they ran after Sasuke for like 30 episodes only to have him actually escape without sustaining any loss is laughable. Since nobody died, Kishimoto would have been better off just having Sasuke walk out of the village with nobody chasing after him, then using those 30 episodes to actually do something that would affect the story. The fact remains that Kishimoto obviously can't write worth shit.

Now, I don't wait to see if you're online. Why would I do that? Don't try to flatter yourself. I don't give a shit about you. Nobody does. I saw that you were online after I made that post and knew you were on your way to this thread since you love to make shitty arguments. I don't block my rep, either (you can't). I'd love to have my rep back. The mods took it away from me.

I can only wish your parents were better with a coat hanger so I wouldn't have to reply to your ridiculously dumb posts.

Bud, I don't know what spoilers you're editing out of our posts considering we're in the manga forum..
    Last edited by mage; Mon, 09-25-2006 at 04:32 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    I don't think asuma will die just yet. A fight has to progress to the point where he's isolated into a 1v1 battle first.....he won't die as long as his teammates are helping out.

I think that's a good point to bring up.People don't seem to realize that in order of main characters deaths, it has to be very great in terms of how they die,as well as an important last dying fight which normally ends up 1v1.Case in point the 3rd and Orochimaru,or, the 4th with Kyuubi.

point is, Asuma has been a pretty solid main character enough to actually last in a fight,and die as 1v1,also, now that we know he's the 3rds son, i'm pretty sure he's going to go down fighting hard

Bud, I don't know what spoilers you're editing out of our posts considering we're in the manga forum..
    I removed the FF7 discussion.

Wow I can't believe that my request to have someone die boiled over into such a huge flame war. It's kind of amusing. Well anyway to better articulate what I was saying earlier the only reason why I would like someone to be killed off is because it would once again establish the naruto universe as place that has consequences.

I know this is a shounen manga and like all other shounen manga it must bide by the unspoken rules of the genre but it it's beginning kishi did a much better job of toying with typical shounen conventions. Case in point the Rock Lee Garra point. After having Rock Lee whip out his backstory and the 5th gate you'd think he'd be destined to win as any hero character would. Instead he loses making him a into a tragic figure showing the consequences of the harsh ninja world. Ditto for Zabuza and Haku which is way the wave country arc remains as many peoples favorite arc in the series.

Recently Kishi has been leaning on the crutch of shounen cliches a little too much in the part 2 manga. For instance having chiyo sacrafice herself to revive garra. Lets not forget about the especially painful conversion of sai to the good side by naruto's moving speach. If Asuma or Shika bit the dust it would help reaffirm the danger that the akatsuki posses and seeing as there a organization consisting of kage killers there badassidy needs to be reasserted. Just my opinion since the manga has gone through some downs in the past few months.

Killing Chouji (a completely useless character) would have been a major turning point for Shikamaru. Somehow, he would see past this and realize that people die in ninja battles, then he would become a better ninja because of this and his character would advance even further. It's so easy to make it better than the happy happy everyone lives shit that Kishimoto writes. He ate the red fucking pill that kills anyone that eats it for fucks sake.
    Killing Chouji at that point would have made Shikamaru quitting being a ninja, and he would have gone a crazy, lonely man.