Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

TV: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The premier of this show was earlier tonight on NBC. It has a bunch of well known people involved in the show. I, for one, thought the first show was awesome and it's now on my must watch list.

Anyone else watch it?

I watched it as well and found it ot be in line with the Classic Film 'Network'. Goign ot be a great show.

Just started the episode, hopefully it will be good with all these known actors in it.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to quote this post from the TV Shows thread because I really think it's a show worth looking forward to, especially if you like 24 and Prison Break type of shows. Show is Faceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    I just watched the pilot for an upcoming show called Faceless. I have to say that this show will be fucking awesome, best pilot I've seen so far, so go watch it when you get the chance. It seems like it will be a FOX show.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/427831

Edit:

Just finished the first episode for Studio 60, and it was great. Much better than what I was expecting, I'll keep watching.
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 09-19-2006 at 10:35 AM.

Anyone watched episode 2 yet? I thought it was great, I really like how the show itself is like a Saturday Night Live "Behind the Scenes" show. I really like the camara work and such, I think I'll go find The West Wing and see if I like it.

By the way, it seems like the show airs on Sundays in Canada or something, so a HDTV version will always be available for download before it airs on Mondays, that's how I watched this episode ealier in the morning.

I watched the second ep rite after Heroes, again by accident. I really like the show and i'll defiantely be keeping up with it. I can't figure out if its trying to be a comedy show or not. Its not quite comedy, but has comedic elements in it. Either way, its comes off really nicely and i really like the characters. Downloading the first ep rite now.

Edit:

watched the first ep. loved it. gonna watch it again rite now. btw, anyone know the name of the song played at the end of ep 1 (the guitar beats) and the song they perform in episode 2?
    Last edited by Assassin; Tue, 09-26-2006 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin

watched the first ep. loved it. gonna watch it again rite now. btw, anyone know the name of the song played at the end of ep 1 (the guitar beats) and the song they perform in episode 2?
    Do you mean the song that they parody at the end? If so the original is "I am the very model of a modern Major-General" from The Pirates of Penzance.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    watched the first ep. loved it. gonna watch it again rite now. btw, anyone know the name of the song played at the end of ep 1 (the guitar beats)
    That's Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie...

Episode 3 in case someone wants to get it now:
    http://www.mininova.org/get/441168

Episode 4:
    http://www.mininova.org/get/448427

Any of you catch episode 3? I thought it was the weakest episode of the three, but still good.

Ya ep 3 wasn't on the same level as the first two, but then the first two were just awesome, so its hard to match up. Still it was a good episode. I really liked the insecurity that everyone felt due to the survey thing. And as always, the chemistry between matt and danny's characters was awesome.

This post seems to have fallen by the wayside, which is such a pity, considering how great this show is. For those still following the show though, here are the links for episodes 5 and 6

5: http://www.mininova.org/get/455974

6: http://www.mininova.org/get/463482

I felt 6 was the best episode yet this season.

refresh my memory, ep 6 was the one with the old army guy and toms parents rite?

If so, then yes definately a great episode. I really liked the character development for tom and simon. As always im impressed by the writing for this show.

Am i the only one still following this show?

Well ep 7 is out and it is awesome. I have to say, its probably one of the best episodes thus far, and thats saying something. I can't wait till next week to see how it all turns out.

@Assassin: No you aren't alone in watching this great show...although, we may be few in number it seems. I keep recommending this show to everybody b/c it is absolutely great. As a fan of the first 2 or so seasons of the West Wing (when it was fresh and new), I find that this is a refreshing, well written, well acted new series. I love the show and can't wait till tonight's episode!

To anyone reading this thread wondering if the show is worth a shit, start watching! I know Hero's is getting all the hype (and I am liking that show more and more as the weeks go by), but after it is done just keep watching for Studio 60 and you may be surprised by how good it is.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still watching it, hoping it doesn't get cancelled because it had not been doing well. Thankfully NBC loves the show, so it's giving it a chance.

Holy shit, I hope it doesn't get canceled! I will have to press more people to watch it...Thanks for the info Bud...although I hope NBC really loves it and gives it a better time slot. 10pm on a Monday ffs it's better than ER and it should get the coveted Thursday nite slot instead.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,

Just finished watching episode 7, and it was great. Only bad thing is that it's a 2 part episode, which mean I've got to wait another week for the conclusion

Another great episode. I thought John Goodman was awesome, his first scene had me rolling. I laughed at the interplay between the higher-ups and the 'public' which is one of the reasons why I like this show so much. It humanizes the network world and gives us a behind the scenes to who the people who write and make shows like SNL (Studio 60) happen from week to week; not to mention the shit they have to pull in order to make it happen. Love the series and hope that it stays strong (both in writing and viewership).

Quote Originally Posted by FrogKing
    Love the series and hope that it stays strong (both in writing and viewership).
    Quoted from Tv.com

Yesterday, rumors swirled that NBC's expensive drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was headed for the scrap heap. Despite the fact that NBC had ordered three more episodes of the show, cast members were reportedly telling friends the show was near its end.
    Now, NBC has refuted that story, saying the show is still profitable and that the network will give it at least a little while longer. Media Daily News says NBC is frustrated by the decline of Studio 60's ratings, but that the show brings in affluent viewers that advertisers care about. Therefore, the 7.7 million viewers the show earned last week is OK--for now.