Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manga: Mx0

Wow, this is a really fun manga to read. I really enjoy the thought processes of the main char having to bullshit his way through just about everything. I really hope he eventually learns some actual magic, that would be really gratifying to see. Great humor, action ect.. More people should be reading this.

Sig made by Lucifus

Anyone else reading this? It is being scanned on a regular basis now and the story is alot of fun. Anyways this is up to chapter 94 now and it just keeps getting better, watching the main character struggle and grow.

Sig made by Lucifus

I kinda stopped reading when the speed scanners picked up. Maybe I'll pick it up again.

I have not been enjoying the recent chapters as much. Kuzumi can use magic now. With that, it lost a lot of the charm it had with a normal-ish guy facing down all these students who possessed an overabundance of magical skill.

He could only rely on others (Lucy, Mizuki and Aika the most) or the defensive martial arts he learned to respond to his overpowered loli sister.

It gave him the charm of being a clearly inferior person, but still defeating them because his attitude. One of restraint. The others easily take for granted their abilities, and by not using any magic, Kuzumi was able to undermine their confidence. He was using their strengths, their weaknesses, and giving them a lesson all the time because though he reportedly has this immense magical potential, he never shows them any of it while defeating them.

m0 changed that a little bit, but the idea was still there. He was still storing up points to give to Aika at the end of graduation, and didn't want to waste it. He was forced to think about the best way to cancel their abilities using the least amount of effort, or not using m0 at all in order to keep it a secret as well as conserve his points.

Now...he can use magic more freely, which pulls some of the burden of secrecy off him, but I just can't see the feel of the series being the same anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Now...he can use magic more freely, which pulls some of the burden of secrecy off him, but I just can't see the feel of the series being the same anymore.
    I can see where you're getting at, but I don't feel as though the series will devolve to that point, despite it being shonen and all. No, it's not as though Kuzumi developed full magical abilities, he can still only copy ONE spell at a time. This means he's still magically inferior to his classmates, while managing to avoid slipping too far behind while they increase their own abilities. He still needs to think- he's not going to overpower anybody else anytime soon through shear magical power.

KIMOCHI~II

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Started sunday night and got to chapter 94.
    Nice, I laughed hard a lot of times.
    The black M0 development leaves ground for evolution.

Regarding fan service, it's done in a very humorisitc way at times, so I laugh very hard when it does happen.

Oh well, I'll come back to this when more chaps are available.
    Last edited by David75; Tue, 04-08-2008 at 09:34 AM.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Well for you guys who may or may not know. Mx0 ends at 99.

Ryllharu was correct that the series was starting to come to an end. I'm sure the mangaka could have extended the series even longer, but without a good plot twist, it would be scraping the barrel.

The exact same thing happened with Pretty Face, the author's last title.

Just and abrupt end that doesn't really tie everything up. Not that it's a really bad thing, it's far better than the series dragging on and on with no clear idea of where to stop or resorting to really stale, overused, cliche, really shitty fanservice with no point whatsoever.

(Open Sesame and Gacha Gacha, I'm looking at you and I'm ashamed to still be reading both).

EDIT:

Though I am surprised as everyone else. After Mx0 made it past chapter 53 (final chaper of Pretty Face), I thought the author finally had a hit with this one. The art is so much better than a lot of the totally generic series around. Canceled the series for no reason it seems.

...and here I was hoping for a Mizuki ending.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 05-17-2008 at 07:36 AM.

Just finished reading chapter 99.

An abrupt stop but as people have said it's probably better to stop it here and then drag on forever. Although, it could've continued with good story for a little longer.

Hmm... Some people over at MT were saying it stopped because some other series replaced it in the publication, thus forcing it out of the medium. If that's true, then it's not even a real end. And in my opinion it surely looked that way. I thought from the beginning the whole setting (the idea behind it) was somewhat shaky and not really carefully planned beforehand, but at least the characters had potential. And that potential was left quite untapped. Plus, in the end nothing really major happened in the whole thing, just a bunch of smaller arcs. Well, I guess that made it a slice of life type of story in the end.

What sucks most, though, is of course that we will never know if the dude got the Golden card to fulfill Aika's wish (or if she even got her own).

Well, I don't know if it was some other series that replaced it in publication, it seemed to have a bit of a fan base. This is the longest running series this author has done, and there was talks a long time ago, around the chapter 50 mark that this wouldn't be that long. Although, it's not that far out there to make a mini-sequel to this, as there is some story line left in this to go, but I doubt it.