Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanon (2006)

Aye. This is one of those animes, along with Suzumiya Haruhi and some others, that are really worth the hype.

Characters sharpened to strong fates and pasts. And they all have their own meaning and reason to be what they are. Elements like that are exactly what I want to see in stories. Well, the central idea of this show is for Yuuichi to remember his past (which means rediscover the multitude of girls of his womanizing past of course...). This has to be the best kind of harem anime you can have. Because it doesn't really feel like a harem anime at all.

Ive been looking for ages for a translation patch for the game. Sadly none has been found in years.

Ep 8 was excellent. And thankfully Amano did appear, unlike the 'old' anime where she was mostly ignored.

Well, I was wondering what was supernatural about this show, I guess Makoto being a Kitsune counts. But as Kraco said, it's the way the charachters are portrayed so well and so deeply that makes this show great. I wonder what other surprises Yuuichi's past has in store.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Sat, 11-25-2006 at 09:03 PM.

I don't know... I kind of feel like I just got bonked over the head with a major plot device.

Oh, how torturous a week would be without a new Kanon episode. Too dreadful to even imagine. So, let's get it while it's still hot.

Episode 9 xvid - SS-Eclipse
    Episode 9 h264 - SS-Eclipse

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    This is why is just love this show. I can't really explain what is so good and interesting about it. But it has the certain "thing" you need for a good anime.

Another great episode, the best part possibility being Makato having her mindset going back to a small child. With all the build-up on Yuiichi taking care of her, I think that there's a very high probability that Makato is eventually going to die or something, resulting in some sort of really sad ending on her part of the story (it'll certainly add more to the already great story so far). Maybe episode 10 is the last time we will ever see her?

Last edited by Yukimura; Fri, 12-08-2006 at 11:31 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Amen to that. Great episode. And here I thought it was the end of the show :P

Yup. Their beautiful relationship ended with such a touching and bittersweet... oh, nevermind.

Kanon 11 AVI MKV

Another excellent episode.

Indeed, and it seems like the Minase house just isn't quite right without a short scatter-brained redhead around to make life interesting. I'm glad they brought Ayu in so fast, as hopefully now we'll find out more about her. Also, does anyone else think Shiori might be a ghost?(Don't answer if you already know please) For some reason I keep getting that feeling that she's lingering outside the school because she regrets something in the past, but she can't do anything about it.

I still can't believe someone found a way to take every emotion that can cause tear formation, roll them together and create an anime.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Sat, 12-16-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Shiori is definitely the most mysterious character now that Makoto is gone. She cuts off right after impliying more than just teachers wouldn't want to see her in the school.

No love for Mai though? She's a lot like another emotionless doll from another series (Nagato Yuki perhaps?) Yuuichi raising her hands in a Banzai pose, very cute. Well, next eps should primarily be a Mai episode by the looks of it.

Shiori, a ghost?? Considering what happened with Makoto, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. If a story has a fox that can take the shape of a human (and still function like one.... generally), then a ghost wouldn't be as surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Also, does anyone else think Shiori might be a ghost?(Don't answer if you already know please) For some reason I keep getting that feeling that she's lingering outside the school because she regrets something in the past, but she can't do anything about it.
    Heh. I have watched the old one, and I remember very little of what Shiori's case is. I'm kind of lucky to have forgotten so much. I did remember how Makoto ends up and of course much of Ayuayu, seeing how she is so central overall (and thus it's good she's back now that the Makoto arc is over.

I had also totally forgotten about the ball. Since Mai is so interesting a character, I'm actually mostly looking forward to it right now. It should have some good stuff, although, to repeat myself over and over, I don't remember exactly what.

I always thought Shiori was a terminal case, like a brain tumor or something. She keeps saying she's sick, but leaves it at that. She also gets amused when Yuichi gives her advice on how to get better.

The part near the beginning where they talk about wearing the same clothes everyday...

VERY WELL-DONE!

Kanon - 12 by SS-Eclipse
    Another wonderful Kanon ep, Mai looked remarkable! Also I'm even more confident that Shiori is somehow dead or otherwise far removed from the norm, though I can't explain why that freshman girl can see her if she is in fact dead.

Really good episodes, 12 and 13. I was lucky to have two of them at hand right after returning home. Mai indeed looked wonderful in the ball, and the whole thing was well executed, as everything in this series. It's also interesting how we still know relatively little about Mai's past despite the significant amount of screen time she has got. But on the other hand, you can't say her character wouldn't be very well depicted and developed already.

This is certainly an interesting, and quite unique, series in how everything that's happening is kind of continuation or consequence of something that happened in the past, and just like the series description says, this is all about discovering that (lost) past. Sticking to well defined themes makes series strong and good.