Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

The official "help me" thread

Thanks a lot Phoenix. I have Nero right now but does NeroVision come with that or do I have to download it separately?

Edit NVM I figured it out.

I have a problem with my Firefox. Since yesterday, a lot of pages would result in an instant "Server not found" screen, which I'm sure most of you have seen before. The thing is, there really is no problem with those websites because if I click the "Try Again" button, the pages loads fine. This happens a lot to Google and Google searches. I don't think I have a worm infection or something because I scanned with NOD32 (system restore=off) and there were no problems. I scanned with Ad-Aware and no problems. This is a very annoying problem because those websites just give an instant 404 error yet they work fine if I click "Try Again". Anyone have suggestions?

That has happened to me recently as well, although it doesn't seem to be as bad as your case.

Oh btw, it also applies to my Internet Explorer, not just Firefox. I have never heard of a problem like mine before, or anything remotely close to it.

edit: and it just happened to MSN Messenger, so I guess it's not just for my browsers but instead something is wrong with my connection. That's pretty weird because I didn't even touch my connection settings recently. Maybe I'm due for a simple modem/router reset...?

edit 2: Nope, not modem or router problem. This is certainly weird. Resetted both and still same problem.

BOC, that just sounds like your router/modem needs to be reset.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Ok I might have fixed it. I remember turning off a service called "DNS Client" when I installed Windows x64, and I just re-enabled it. Haven't gotten that problem again so far. It's weird because if turning it off creates problems, then I should have seen symptoms a while ago, not weeks later.

EDIT: Uh oh, still happens for some links, mostly the ones that open up a new window.

Originally posted by: ChiaCheese
    What would cause mp3 music files to mix up, and play different bits of songs? and how can i fix the problem, if possible?
    Sorry if anybody responded to this but this thread expanded so fast I never saw one and perhaps over looked it.

when you pause your bittorent download, is it still uploading to other peers? just wanted to clear things up

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.

so is it always safe to download from bittorent? theres no chance of a virus or somethng bad being in the file?

Im wondering because i want to download nero from bittorent but want some advice first.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

Drims, there are always virus on the net.

Drims, as a general rule, don't download from a site like www.piratey-mcvirus.com (man, that would be an awesome site name). You can never be 100% sure, but if you download from a torrent site you trust, you should be fine.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Trusted sites being private trackers. You'll pretty much never find bad stuff on those.

does anyone have the picture of Ichigo with the reflection of the SS Captains in the sword? PLEEAASSEE! i need it today and i cant find it anywhere

I'm official.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

yeah but isnt there one with the whole sword?

I'm official.

dono, this is all I have...

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.

Damn... I got a virus from downloading nero from bittorrent, when i opened the file it sent so much crap throughout my computer. Adware se and norton anti wasnt enough to get everything so i had to reformat my comp. At least i have the disc so it only took an hour, but still i thought everything was safe from bittorrent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

You have plucked at this Phoenix's heart strings. Here is a copy and key for Nero that I have backed up, and I can garentee no viruses in this:

http://rapidshare.de/files/13918285/Nero.rar.html

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Originally posted by: drims
    Damn... I got a virus from downloading nero from bittorrent, when i opened the file it sent so much crap throughout my computer. Adware se and norton anti wasnt enough to get everything so i had to reformat my comp. At least i have the disc so it only took an hour, but still i thought everything was safe from bittorrent.
    Wow sounds like you're pretty noob. Only download from places where there is a comment section for each torrent. That way if it's jacked up like yours people will post and warn others not to download it. An example of such a site is Torrentspy. If the torrent has no comments, do not download it unless you can actually tell if it's legit or not (which I don't expect you to).

Does anyone know what the best FTP Client is?