Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

how to rip the audio off a file..

hi, i want to try and rip the audio part from an amaenaideyo katsu episode and then cut that audio stream to fit only the ending so i can listen to it since the ending apparently isnt out yet...does anybody know some software where i can download in order to strip the audio stream from the video steam? thx.

You can use the sound recorder application in Windows to record off the sound. I use Audacity for sound file editing, which is quite simple and is free.

And you should have posted this in the help me thread instead of starting a new topic.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

With avi files it's also possible to simply open the file in an editor like Goldwave. The editor will obviously only open the audio track of the file (without such visual displays that editors have, although you still might need to crop the file in an editor, anyway). Then you can crop it suitably to contain only the part you wanted. And of course there are programs you can use to rip directly the audio track, but I can't be bothered to remember any names. You can find them with Google, like I did once...

This is a full digital way, as opposed to the DA AD way Psyke suggested.

Recently I have switched my torrent client to utorrent, however, I still have a large batch file downloading on Azureaus, my previous client. I am wondering if there is anyway to continue the download on utorrent, or if I should just wait for it to finish.

It depends. I've had uTorrent do some very weird things on me. Before, when I used ABC, it would take switch like that in a heartbeat. uTorrent has not been so kind to me. Usually, it has wiped the whole file clean and reallocated the space and started from 0%. But earlier today, I needed to patch a ddl that didn't finish, and an old torrent partial as well. I dumped them in the directory, loaded up the torrents, and they worked. My impatience worked out for me this time.

It's worth a shot. Copy what you've got, paste it into the uTorrent downloads directory (Downloads in My Documents by default, I'm sure you can find otherwise it if you changed it.) Load up the torrent file in uTorrent, and see if it tries to resume.

That way, if it works, great. If it fails, it's no different than before.

When I switched from Bitcomet to utorrent, I also changed the file name extensions of the partial files to that of utorrent, as it was different compared to the one Bitcomet uses. utorrent just run a hash check for those files when I loaded the torrents, and then everything continued like a good dream.

It worked! Thanks a lot guys.

I need some help in finding a song..
    it was big on MTV(e) about 10 months ago, i'm not sure who performed it, but the clip had a 'plot' of a soldier's ball (is this how you spell it? ball like a highschool promnight) with parts of it showing soldiers storming Normandi like Call of Duty and co.
    the song itself went something like "after all this time, there's no much left to see.... never coming back, never coming back"...

that's all I remember from the song, so if anyone can help...

By the way, being in the army at the summer stinks, so does at the winter.

How much more aug 05?

My fucking computer is giving me a hard time. I show it nothing but love and this is how it repays me. It took me like 2-3 hours to even get it started today. It keeps rebooting right when windows is starting up. And sometimes when windows has been running for a while.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? My guess is that i have some fucked hardware but don't have any idea what it could be.

I'm assuming you are running XP.

For starters, reboot, go into safe mode, and in the command prompt or Run window, run "CHKDSK /R" [without quotes] (or /F but /R is more comprehensive since it implies /F) it will ask you to reboot since it needs exclusive access to the entire hard drive contents. Agree and reboot. It will take a very long time depending on how full your hard drive is (with what I've got, it took 2-3 hours). If it can fix any problems on its own, it will.

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out I had a corrupted .tmp file somewhere.

If that doesn't do it, you either got viruses, or its something else I don't know how to fix.

It could also be as simple as a bad contact between components inside your computer case. Make sure your video card, sound card, and such things are steadily in their slots, and memories, and everything. With bad luck there could be also physical damage somewhere. That happened years ago with my laptop: The CPU socket had a fracture and the computer froze randomnly.

But of course it could be also something totally else, like Ryllharu suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    My fucking computer is giving me a hard time. I show it nothing but love and this is how it repays me. It took me like 2-3 hours to even get it started today. It keeps rebooting right when windows is starting up. And sometimes when windows has been running for a while.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? My guess is that i have some fucked hardware but don't have any idea what it could be.
    If your computer is randomly restarting it can be due to a number of reasons.

1) The first thing I would do would be to check the CPU temperature in the bios. 55c+ is usually when you should begin to worry with your processor. If it's too high, you can try blowing the dust out, and if that doesn't help you should reseat the heatsink or get better airflow in your case. An overheating processor will cause your computer to randomly restart or freeze once it reaches a certain point.

2) The next thing I would check is the RAM. A few months ago my friend added some new RAM in his computer, but it conflicted with the RAM he already had and was causing data to corrupt, thus freezing and restarting his computer at random. There is a program called Memtest 86 that you can make a bootable floppy with and test your RAM. If it fails any of the tests then your RAM is bad. And yes, it can just stop working properly "just like that."

3) Run virus/spyware check and clear anything it finds out.

4) Check all the hardware in your computer and make sure everything is connected properly.

5) Re-format and reinstall your OS if all else fails. Once you reinstall the OS, if the problem still continues, then the problem is obviously with some piece of hardware.

There are tons of other reasons related to the OS that could cause it to restart, but I usually don't take the time to check for things like that. In the case that something is wrong with your OS, you should probably just reformat, anyway.

Have you added any new hardware recently?

Dudes thanks for the help.

I'm going to try out the stuff you mentioned. And to answer your questions, I haven't added any new hardware recently and I'm running win 2k.

Since you are using Win 2K, CHKDSK will still work, but /R does not imply /F so you will need to enter "CHKDSK /F /R"

Try my suggestion first, then Kraco's and finally mage's. Wiping the hard drive and reinstalling windows just to see if it is a hardware problem is a bit extreme, use that only as a last step. I'm willing to bet its either a seating issue that Kraco suggested, or a sector failure on your harddrive like I suggested.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    If it's the OS (If it's not one of the things mage pointed out which are common problems I have seen with your problem as well)

If you can if the computer starts into windows you can access your Recovery Console in win2k by Start ->Programs ->System Tools -> Back-up. I would recommend you make a copy of the files located in \system32\Config so if anything happens you can restore your Registry.

If you can't and If you still have your windows 2000 disk I would say boot from that (I'm going to hope you know how to do this as for me to explain this step may depend on your Bios) and press "R" at the Welcome to set-up screen. Then select "R" again when prompted to choose the ERP (emergency repair process) This will give you the last prompt in which you select "F" for fast repair. This repairs the MBR (Master boot record) as well alot of other things about the OS. Remember this DOES NOT repair appilcation, your data, or hardware problems.
    image fail!

if you have a prescott type cpu, its fine even at 55c.
    maybe you PSU is becoming unstable?
    -----------------

My advice, get a mac. in the three years i've had mine i've had one problem and thats becasue i did something stupid.

Need help figuring out the name and artist of the song, I was watching the first episode of Threshold. I ripped a bit of the song, don't know how helpful it'll be.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MZXO4JJ0

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Ok, serious question: What animal is this?
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/738...drodent1bp.jpg

I seriously don't know what it is and I don't know how to find out. I've been having an argument with a friend, I thought it was a squirrel or a chipmunk, but it's not. So what the heck?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Ok, serious question: What animal is this?
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/738...drodent1bp.jpg

I seriously don't know what it is and I don't know how to find out. I've been having an argument with a friend, I thought it was a squirrel or a chipmunk, but it's not. So what the heck?
    That would be a Prairie dog

are small, stout-bodied, burrowing rodents with shallow cheek pouches native to the grasslands of North America.

An average prairie dog's size is 12 to 16 inches (30 to 40 cm) long. In the United States, prairie dogs are primarily found west of the Mississippi River, but they have been introduced into a few eastern locales.

Prairie dogs are highly social animals which live in large towns formed by single families of one male and 2 to 4 females. They have up to 4 pups, one time a year, which are born blind and without fur and need about 30 days of close nurturing by their mother. Recent research indicates that prairie dogs have relatively sophisticated vocal communication abilities, including many of the characteristics of language.

Wikipedia
    image fail!