Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    migration pains include possibly incompatible extensions (that's mostly getting fixed now) and the new sqlite bookmark backend, which may forget your bookmarks on installation. At least, it did for me under linux, but not under windows.

Recommend you back up your bookmarks.html if you've got anything worth saving, and go ahead and upgrade. It's got some cool new UI tweaks.

I recommend a program called MozBackup to save ALL of your settings. It's freeware.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Thanks guys. I'll give it a go sometime.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm thinking of buying some external speakers for my laptop since I'm tired of its mediocre built-in speakers.

Problem is I don't know anything about good speakers. Do any of you have any recommendations, or can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't want anything top of the line, but I'd like something that's not crap and will be worth the effort in buying.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I'm thinking of buying some external speakers for my laptop since I'm tired of its mediocre built-in speakers.

Problem is I don't know anything about good speakers. Do any of you have any recommendations, or can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't want anything top of the line, but I'd like something that's not crap and will be worth the effort in buying.
    How much are you willing to spend? The Logitech X-240 is a pretty good budget set.

i have my computer hooked up to my stereo. good sound quality, and i didn't have to buy anything extra except for the cable. if you have a stereo, you can give that a try. if not, you can just get two laptop speakers for basic sound quality. if you want bass, you can also get a set of speakers with an additional subwoofer, which improves your overall sound experience, but isn't as portable. since you play bass, though, this would probably be a good option for you. i don't know what brands you guys have down there, but i like logitech.

the x-240 is definitely a good set. the r-20 is a good one too. a bit more basic, but half the price

Those both look like pretty much what I'm looking for. I'll give each of them a look and go from there. What's the main difference between something like those two? I can see that the r-20 is "smaller", but what will that affect besides the max volume? I guess it's the woofer that's making the difference?

I feel like an old person asking my teenage children how to work a computer. Thanks for the suggestions you two.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Thu, 07-10-2008 at 01:15 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    X-240 if you intend to play it loud. Both systems aren't too different in size. This one's got slightly narrower, but thicker satellites, and a bigger sub. It's RMS rating is around double the R-20, and also has a higher signal-to-noise ratio, basically allowing for much louder and clearer playing.
    Aside from loudness, it's it also has an mp3 desktop docking feature. If you're the type of guy who has all his songs on his ipod, and loves to hear a song or two on the big base, this system lets you do it without having to boot up your notebook.

R-20 is the lighter version of this. If you want 2.1 sound and don't mind having your computer on to play some music, this little guy will save you some bucks. Don't expect to hear this guy from the other side of your house, but it's definitely powerful enough for you to grow deaf sitting in front at max(or even half) volume.

I've got a R-20 set myself.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 07-10-2008 at 05:20 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    R-20 is the lighter version of this. If you want 2.1 sound and don't mind having your computer on to play some music, this little guy will save you some bucks. Don't expect to hear this guy from the other side of your house, but it's definitely powerful enough for you to grow deaf sitting in front at max(or even half) volume.

I've got a R-20 set myself.
    I don't even have an Ipod, so it looks like the X-240 is not worth it.

I'll go with the R-20. As far as not hearing it from the other side of my house, I really just want something that I can hear from my kitchen while I'm cooking (because I don't have a tv and usually just listen to music). Sounds good. Thanks a bunch.

I'm looking to pick up an external hard drive.

I think I want one that holds 500 GB across RAID 1 Mirroring (so 1 TB total).
    It needs to run on a mac, and it should have firewire. If it doubled as a USB hub, that would be nice too.

I think the closest to what I'm looking for is:
    http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...7277914&sr=1-6

Although the reviews say its insanely loud....

Anyone have any good recommendations?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

There's also the X-140 which is a 2.0 set with no subwoofer. The speakers themselves are larger than those on the X-240. I saw some at work today and they looked (and felt) pretty solid.

Junior
    I need help!

Or it's more a question...where can I find the picture of Edward that's in the site banner? I've never seen that artwork.

I'm not sure which Edward banner you are referring to but I'm going to assume its the one that has Ed, Winry, and Al? If so, you can find that one from here (scroll to the bottom, its the last one):

http://ningen.nattoli.net/wallpapers...tal-Alchemist/

This person makes really great anime wallpapers too I might add.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Junior
    I agree. Those wallpapers are really amazing. <3

I guess I should've been specific. XD But the one where he has a metal wing and a normal white wing. I've never seen that picture. o=

I think I know which one you are talking about. But the person to ask would probably be Lucifus. If I recall, he made most of the banners GW is sporting.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help though.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

I think kagemane_no_jutsu made the Edward one Junior is inquiring about.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I think kagemane_no_jutsu made the Edward one Junior is inquiring about.
    oh really? hmmmmmm, perhaps I should PM.

Thanks BoC!

Hmmm..I made that one. -__-

*grumbles about something*

Here ya go, enjoy!
    Last edited by Lucifus; Sun, 08-03-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

ORLY? I know you made a bunch of them but I don't remember that one being yours.