Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

In one of the banners there seems to be an african american with a forked afro and a sword with a white ribbon coming for it. What is the name of that anime? Also, what is that anime about and is it good?

"seems to be an african american with a forked afro and a sword with a white ribbon"

Haha, hahaha, I love they way you said that. xD

Its Called Afro Samurai | Main character voiced by Samuel L Jackson.

The animation is pretty amazing in my opinion and its chalk full of kickazz scenes.

Shes only 5 episodes long however but definitely worth the watch. Give er a shot. ^^
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Uh something about the wording in that post just makes me feel awkward I'm guessing you're talking about Afro Samurai. The name speaks for itself, basically its about a Black Samurai. I think I saw the first two episodes, didn't seem like anything special so I didn't follow it. Wikipedia

-Ah well Luci beat me to it
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Hahaha this series is hilarious, I'm going to savor it by only watching 1 ep a week when I need some comedy.

Old Guy: "Is that an RPG? YOU GOT A MUTHERFUCKIN RPG?!?!

lol!

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I just bought a Kingston 8GB flash drive that's formatted in FAT32 by default. When I tried copying a file that's >4GB, I got the nice message that says FAT32 can't take 4GB.

If I went to format the thing in NTFS, what's the pros and cons of doing so? Will it be Mac compatible / Have reduced usable memory etc?

Any ideas? (It's not something I have to get around. Just thought it'd be nice to have a HD movie around in case I got bored )

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I want one of those cool gold terra cotta thumb drives made by Kingston, but they only come in 4GB size.

Formatting your stick for ntfs will definitely reduce the amount of available space, if it can even be done.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Banned
    Does anyone know how to get into the voice over acting game? I mean as a real job here, not just some side thing. I've been looking into it. Let me know if you guys have any tips or anything.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Hey guys and gals of gotwoot, I need some advice!

I've had my DDR mats for a few years now, and they're starting to wear out. They're ripping on the inside, and I find I'm having more problems with the sensors getting stuck. It annoys me when I lose my combos due to my mats acting up. So, it might be time to invest in a new pair. I'll likely be moving quite far next year, so portable is a must (no arcade-style metal mats for me). And I'm also nearly broke, so cheap important too. But I can make some sacrifices for DDR (who needs groceries anyway, right?) so let me know if you have any intuition about what sort of soft mats are out there which will be durable and high quality, yet still within a student budget. If you own a certain brand, I'd be interested to hear how happy you are with yours.

For the PC or for the consoles? I bought one a year ago because of Step Mania, and it was pretty good. No problems with detection whatsoever, in which I had previous problems because I wanted to connect PS2 controllers to the PC.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I'm specifically looking for ones to connect to my PS2, although USB connections could be useful too since I have my tv hooked up to my computer, and a copy of Stepmania waiting for me to install.

In that case you can buy the PS2 version, and then buy an adapter to connect any PS2 connection (and most other controllers in other versions) to a computer through USB. I think they run at or below 20 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    In that case you can buy the PS2 version, and then buy an adapter to connect any PS2 connection (and most other controllers in other versions) to a computer through USB. I think they run at or below 20 USD.
    I tried that once, but the PS2 controller cannot detect 2 buttons being pressed simultaneously, and it was horrible because most of the time you need to step on 2 arrows together. Thankfully, the controller came with a serial port for the PC and I hooked it up to the TV and it was all good to go.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I just bought a Kingston 8GB flash drive that's formatted in FAT32 by default. When I tried copying a file that's >4GB, I got the nice message that says FAT32 can't take 4GB.

If I went to format the thing in NTFS, what's the pros and cons of doing so? Will it be Mac compatible / Have reduced usable memory etc?

Any ideas? (It's not something I have to get around. Just thought it'd be nice to have a HD movie around in case I got bored )
    erm its impossible to formad pendrive to NTFS i think - FAT32 was highest setting for mine 8GB(got backtrack3 + some lan games on it in case of lanparty). Also i hate Macs so i wont know if its mac compatible(yes i used mac thats why i hate them)
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Hehe how can you hate the MAC? You can even install Windows as a vm and use both at the same time.

I have the Kingston 8 GB, but never had an issue like that. The only thing that sucks if you do go NTFS is that the DivX players that have a USB port won't be able to read the files on your drive. So if you have that and plan to watch movies with it, then I don't suggest formatting to NTFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xollence
    Hehe how can you hate the MAC? You can even install Windows as a vm and use both at the same time.

I have the Kingston 8 GB, but never had an issue like that. The only thing that sucks if you do go NTFS is that the DivX players that have a USB port won't be able to read the files on your drive. So if you have that and plan to watch movies with it, then I don't suggest formatting to NTFS.
    Well that explains why my PS3 won't read external hard disks through the USB port. Or does it?

Well that explains why my PS3 won't read external hard disks through the USB port. Or does it?
    Mine doesn't. Just stream it off your laptop/PC. It's easier this way.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    You can definitely format a pen drive or any other usb/firewire/esata disk NTFS.

FAT32 does indeed have a 4 gig hard filesize limit inherent to the filesystem. Nothing you can do about it.

OS-X will read but won't write ntfs by default. Most linux distros will read but won't write ntfs by default. For both os-x and linux, there's a FUSE (filesystem in userspace) module to let you write to ntfs volumes.

I think the PS3 is still picky about the directory structure of disks you give it, but should be able to work with the right structure and definitely supports FAT32. At least, that's what my quick google search is turning up.

Macs are cool, as long as you want to do what they're good at and you don't try to open the hood too much. But if you do a lot of media watching, especially newer media types (softsubbed mkv's, softsubbed mp4's) things get weird fast. I'd take a so-so winbox with cccp and mpc over any mac for media viewing in a heartbeat... even moreso if we toss coreavc into the mix and define mediocre as lower end of the current generation of processors. Any time you're hacking around in .plist files and picking apart the structure of a .app, or just playing with the netinfo editor ... you should probably just walk away.
    Last edited by complich8; Thu, 10-09-2008 at 02:15 AM.

Anybody have any first hand experience of using a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition, or any other Editions? I might be considering one of those, but a google search has left me with the impression that their failure rate is high. It's been almost 2 years since its release, so I don't know about the current batches. Anybody have any experience using one?

Anybody have any first hand experience of using a Western Digital My Book Essential Edition, or any other Editions? I might be considering one of those, but a google search has left me with the impression that their failure rate is high. It's been almost 2 years since its release, so I don't know about the current batches. Anybody have any experience using one?
    Just buy your own hard drive and enclosure.

What brand HDD would you recommend to him? This is a test.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?