Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got to see some Lucy's undergarments atleast!

Just caught up to chapter 73...

I'd say the last 3 chapters have been quite good, being in the middle of a Loki centered arc and all. I think his back story took me by surprise, and it has been quite interesting overall.

Aye, I have to agree. I would never have guessed his background. Better that way, though.

I wish this series had a bit stronger backstory in general, though. It has been sidequests all the way through, pretty much. Naturally it has developed characters but it would be good to have something grand going on.

There is, we just haven't gotten to the gist of it yet... with the whole evil group lurking around trying to destroy Fairy Tail and it's chief. Especially Sieglein, Urtear, and his group, who seems to be after Natsu and Erza. It's been slow building, but I'm sure we'll get rewarded at some point. We got a bit of development from the Demon Island arc and from the aftermath of the Guild vs Guild battle. Many of the arcs we've seen in the past have been some sort of conspiracy from the Magic Council, so there's certainly something going on... we've just gotten very small pieces of the puzzle.

Well 74 is out.....

I thought it was lame... a lot of build-up for a shitty climax/conclusion.

ya, i thought the loki story was pretty lame too. the next arc is so random too. SQUARE MAN?

ty psj for this sig

well i just caught up to the latest chapter. i gotta say, i absolutely love this manga. Its exactly what i've been looking for. I really like magic/fantasy based mangas and fairy tail really delivers, with great characters, awesome sotry arcs and good art.

It seems though that the chapter releases arent weekly....the scanlated ones anyway. How often are the chapters usually released?

As for the current story arc, it seems interesting. We finally get some background on erza. I didn't like how she looked so scared of these guys though. And it would really suck if any of them turned out to be as strong as her. I mean she went toe to toe with Jose after stoping a giant magical energy ball with her body....thats pretty badass.

Also, i wonder if we'll ever get to see luxus and mist gun fight. i really wanna see what they're capable of.

Just caught up to chapter 77...

This arc looks promising with Erza's past, and it looks like we'll learn a lot about Sieglein (Jeral), so one of the main bad guys should finally reveal his true nature. And Erza wasn't really scared of those guys, she was simply shocked to see them, etc.

Erza's childhood doesn't look like a very happy one. The boss of that gang should be a pretty badass villain, considering the level of power of his underlings.

78 by Binktopia:

You know, now I'm wondering if Jeral and Sieglein are indeed the same person... they might just be brothers or twins or some shit. The reason is that he's at the council meeting, while it was alluded to earlier that Jeral was at the tower. The scene might've occured at different points in time, but I think they made it look as if it were occuring concurrently. Anyways, Erza got her powers back... let's see if she kicks some ass in the next chapter.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:47 AM.

He is supposedly a super powerful mage if it is on the guild council or what ever they call it. Not that this manga has really illustrated a whole lot of teleporting back and forth, but I would not exclude that possibility. Though Jeral could very well be a childhood nickname, as the group of child-slaves had one for Erza and a few of the others as well.

Still, if they are the same person, the connections are really beginning to fall into place. Sieglein is tied directly to Erza, one of his subordinates is Urd's (sp? Gray's teacher in any case) sister, and I'm sure Lucy and Natsu will have something pop up too, or at least Natsu as Lucy was always a bit of an outsider having lived the pampered life and the issue with her father resolved.

If I remember correctly, Sieglein is very interested in Natsu so surely there will be some sort of connection there... probably because of Natsu's dragon master.

79 is out by Binktopia. No torrent yet. But you can read it online here:

Jubia is such an jealous, flippant girl. I hope we get to see her more of her in the series. Her personality is priceless.

Seems like Seig and Jeral are two different people. Or he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everon
    79 is out by Binktopia. No torrent yet. But you can read it online here:

Jubia is such an jealous, flippant girl. I hope we get to see her more of her in the series. Her personality is priceless.

Seems like Seig and Jeral are two different people. Or he's using magic. Or time travel. Or something. With these types of manga, anything goes.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same... maybe making a double of himself, and he somehow needs the energy of that powerful weapon to make the tower work.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 09:48 AM.

the more important question is, who are they trying to bring back?

Here's 80:

I ended up going back to find the chapter where we first see Seig/Jeral (ch 23). It seems like he can use magic to create an imaginary body.

Quote Originally Posted by Everon
    I ended up going back to find the chapter where we first see Seig/Jeral (ch 23). It seems like he can use magic to create an imaginary body.
    Wow, that's quite interesting... I think I'm going to take a look myself.

Great catch.

c81v2

- - - - -

After reading c81 I doubt there's much the fellow can't do. Assuming the evil long dead super wizard really possessed him or otherwise became his mentor.

Chp 83 and 84 are out...get them at mangatraders.

seems like the fighting is going to start next chapter