Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 318

Quote Originally Posted by chet_chetty
    i believe the most accurate word here is sentience. kyuubi has the most (human level) while i purport the lesser-tailed bijuus have little to none.

tsunade really needs to leave her chamber and fight an actual akatsuki member.

this 4-member team of 1 jounin and 3 chuunins is definitely a step up and more interesting than the 1 jounin/3 genin teams we're used to. nonetheless, the idea of this 4-man team defeating a pair of akatsuki is definitely questionable.
    Plus we only know about 4 people in konoha that can go toe to toe with an akatsuki member and that Gai, Kakashi, tsunade and jiriaya. ( maybe hinata's father but not sure how strong he is).

i believe the most accurate word here is sentience. kyuubi has the most (human level) while i purport the lesser-tailed bijuus have little to none.

tsunade really needs to leave her chamber and fight an actual akatsuki member.

this 4-member team of 1 jounin and 3 chuunins is definitely a step up and more interesting than the 1 jounin/3 genin teams we're used to. nonetheless, the idea of this 4-man team defeating a pair of akatsuki is definitely questionable.

Are we sure that the other 2 are chunnin? They where "special" chunnin before the time jump but maybe after this 3 years they have become jounin. That would be a lot more interesting.

Maybe 2-3 jounin and 2-1 chunnin can do something against 2 akatsuki. But im sure that they are going to give a good fight but end almost defeated, asuma is going to sacrifice himself and in the end they will be saved by other team.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by DDBen
    Well that confirms the monk isn't dead. There is absolutely no reason they would still have the body if it wasn't a plot device and the fact we never saw the battle of a character who's supposidly very important and powerful. Likely he put himself in a near death state in order to fool them being thats a monk like thing to do.
    The money guy said there was a bounty on that monk, maybe they have to bring the whole body...the waistband would have been sufficient I think, so maybe they have a better reason. We'll see.

EDIT: Guess I should refesh more.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Thu, 08-03-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Actually on first read, I thought the other 2 were jounin as well. It was kinda like "wtf what's shikamaru doing w/ 3 jounin?". then the idea of them being 2 chuunin was brought up earlier and i prematurely accepted it. Plus it seems more feasible that in a 4-man team, there is one superior.

I'd rather not create artificial tiers but if i were to...i'd say asuma is a high-tier jounin along with kakashi, kurenai, gai, and i may be missing one more. these 2 questionables i would label as high-tier chuunins, and shikamaru would be mid-tier chuunin with 3 years under his belt. with shikamaru consistently beating asuma in shogi, i'd say he'd be the strategist/tactician of the team rather than a frontliner.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    Summary of chapter: Deidara rules!
    Predictions: Asuma will die. There will be action.
    But is Deidara cooler than Kakashi is hip? And will Asuma's lung cancer hold off long enough for him to become a martyr for Konoha? I'd laugh if it didn't.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

What about Shukaku? He seemed fairly sentient when he was finally released during Gaara's fight with Naruto.

HQ Translation by M7, the guys who do Bleach

If chunnins beat akatsuki pair then whats the point of fearing them.....

Its good to see Shika back in action.

Hey, Maximum 7 did a really good job. I hope they keep on translating Naruto. Their cleaners are the best.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samsonlonghair
    Hey, Maximum 7 did a really good job. I hope they keep on translating Naruto. Their cleaners are the best.
    They did fairly well. Maybe they picked it up because Shannaro started doing Bleach. I liked their "random note."

That was a little misleading. For a second I thought his iris and pupils had become black (at least when you are reading it in picture and fax viewer).
    Last edited by darkmetal505; Fri, 08-04-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Woo, finally caught up on the manga.

I'm not really sure I liked Maximum 7's translation of the chapter. Kakashi's way of talking didn't fit, they left some things untranslated (ie: the "wind" element, which was left in japanese and made me go wtf?), but other than that it was okay.

The cleaning job was good with the exception of the switched eye color.

As for the chapter itself... uh... found it kind of boring. But it can't be intense action sequences all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mage
    Kakuzu*

learn the names!
    Bah, who cares about him. Hidan!

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    What about Shukaku? He seemed fairly sentient when he was finally released during Gaara's fight with Naruto.

I agree except for his insane laughter showing him giving into his animal nature (lacking control and ability to reason). But also, was that not a form of Shukaku released through jutsu rather than an unsealed, free roaming Shukaku?

not really, gaara's jutsu was simply falling asleep... that was the whole point of him not sleeping at all, shukaku would torment him and slowly destroy his soul/mind/character (whichever it was). The fact that gaara transformed himself into shukaku and then fall asleep would make shukaku roam free in his own body and as I understood it that was exactly what has happened.

Tobi had better not be Obito. That'd suck so much. Tobi is Obit rearranged though, and with the Japanese diction putting an "oh" sound on the end then it seems more obvious. Hopefully it's a red herring.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I agree except for his insane laughter showing him giving into his animal nature (lacking control and ability to reason).
    Yeah, but you just said "sentience"....you never mentioned anything about reason.

I think the ability to speak in a human language qualifies for sentience.
    I prefer my "discipline" characterization better
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    Yeah, but you just said "sentience"....you never mentioned anything about reason.
    part of sentience is the ability to reason and understand the consequences of your actions. it's not like a bijuu either is sentient or not...there's definitely degrees. the last one deidara and tobi defeated seemed to lack any though. if not for the ability to speak, then i dont know what; but shukaku is on the higher end of the scale.

part of sentience is the ability to reason and understand the consequences of your actions. it's not like a bijuu either is sentient or not...there's definitely degrees. the last one deidara and tobi defeated seemed to lack any though. if not for the ability to speak, then i dont know what; but shukaku is on the higher end of the scale.
    Yes, but you barely got to see the "turtle"....just because it didn't have any dialogue doesn't necessarily mean a complete lack of sentience. Also, I've always understood sentience to be synonymous with awareness, especially of the self.