Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 317

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pandacon
    Obviously it's Rin.

we know its prolly a girl,....but Rin?idk about that

Quote Originally Posted by bxgreatone87
    All in all a good chapter, and from what the ending caption said maybe we'll see what anruto has learned next week. I hope all the ideas of tobi being obito is wrong that will jsut suck lol.
    The last line was talking about the 3rd movie.

Ya i know its basic training im just going a little ahead in thinking about the new move. Watch asuma die and naruto get his weapon lol.

The real question is "why the hell is every jounin so surprised to hear that Narutos chakra is wind?". I mean, there are only 5 elements. This isn't a MMORPG and wind sure is no rare item.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Heh, Kakashi acted like Asuma was the only other wind element user in Konoha too.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Banned
    yah that kinda suprised me too, but lets face it guys it IS kishi we're talking about here, right?

i'm confused as to why he didn't have another, i'd think water would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    Heh, Kakashi acted like Asuma was the only other wind element user in Konoha too.
    what kakashi said doesn't mean he's the ONLY one. just an example who happens to be a fellow jounin who he talks to a lot

wind isn't exactly a defining element of konoha ninjas
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Asuma said that wind is best at close and mid-range? What about Temari? Her attacks were long rangeish.

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    wind isn't exactly a defining element of konoha ninjas
    That's true. Asuma, Naruto, Baki, Temari - that's it (overall, not konoha only). Katon then again is used by bystanders during the Konoha Invasion arc. So far we've seen a lot more Fire/Water/Earth based attacks compared to Lightning/Wind. But I've always attributed that to the fact, that it is easier to come up with cool fire attacks

For the range thing....
    Baki -> short. Asuma -> short. Temari -> middle (except maybe the summoning one)
    Long range is more like Kakashis MS or the arrow attack of the sound nin spider guy.
    A middle/long natured chakra would have been better. Then Naruto would have had to learn not to rush into battle like a moron. Now he's got an excuse.
    --
    "If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would you use Microsoft Word, or another word processor?
    I hope to die before I have to use Microsoft Word." (Donald E. Knuth)

As Assertn said, Wind must not be very usual in Konoha. After all, this is the Fire Country, remember? So the most common would be Fire and those associated with Fire, which would be Earth and LIghting, I guess, since those are the most commonly used by the mid-level ninja...

Wind, as shown in the final test of the Chuunin test, is common at the Wind Country (duh) and the Sand Village... to all that we need to add that some jutsu don't require a elemental affinity, Kakashi and Yamato/Tenzou were talking about "Yin and Yang" but since Naruto (both the kid and the manga) is slow then they'll explain it later.

Over all, Wind fits Naruto but it won't change his style one bit. He'll just rush into the battle as he always does....

Edit Damn, Elessar just posted basically the same thing. Weird.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Quote Originally Posted by pandacon
    Obviously it's Rin.
    Yes, just like this one is obviously the Yondaime.

olol

I don't think it's realistic for the country's to be named after the type of ninja that tend to live there...but I might be wrong, if the countryies were founded by the First, not just the villages than it makes sense, but I can't remember if he revolutionized ninjaing or their whole society.

It also wouldn't make any sense that the majority of peoples with similar elements would just happen to live close to each other. In addition the connection between jutsu and natural element hasn't been shown to be as much restrictive as supportive. You can go out of your natural element with skill and effort, but your natural element will probably be your best to use.

Anyway Asuma's 'jutsu' is a very interesting application of wind, I'm thinking that he's making his chakra act like wind instead of creating wind from his chakra. But what Naruto might creat with this...who knows. I just hope it's something worthwhile.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Well, all I have to say is that it bettter not be a "wind sword" or some kind of big wind blast that he can shoot out by extending his arms and having his hands in a claw like fashion..... in other words, it better not be this:

R.I.P Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives122
    Well, all I have to say is that it bettter not be a "wind sword" or some kind of big wind blast that he can shoot out by extending his arms and having his hands in a claw like fashion..... in other words, it better not be this:

Sadly enough, that already looks somewhat like the Oodama Rasengan if Naruto was able to execute it with one body and both hands...

That whole elemental thing must be some are rarer then others. Thats my guess and makes sense to since we have rarely seen wind and thunder elemental jutsu compared to fire,water and earth.

I think that the wind blade is a fact. He needs something against sasukes lighting blade. But I hope that we get to see some jutsus, maybe he releases wind in his punches to get a destructive power comparable to sakura? He moves faster by ejecting wind from his feets?

Who knows I just dont want to see this:

or this

and my biggest fear:

Last edited by Edort4; Fri, 07-28-2006 at 05:53 AM.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Banned
    i think you guys need to realize that it's Kishi. Naruto is going to have something good, real good. As for the elemental, yah um i'm good friends with Assert, listen to him well people.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterMagnet
    Calm down there. I agree with you it would be really stupid if tobi does turn out to be Obito. I'm just saying the Kishit has left visual clues that do point that kind of really bad plot twist. Here take a look at the final page from chapter 280.

http://groups.msn.com/NarutoMangaRet...&PhotoID=13307

You can see that his left side is composed of some sort of mechanical components. Goes along quite well when you consider that Obito was completely crushed on his left side.
    Add to that is the fact, obito is an anagram of Tobi....well minus one 'o'

this chapter is starting to pick up the pace. can't wait to see what happens.

If he really was Tobi, it wouldn't be THAT obvious...

(then again, that's what I said when I stated that there was no way in hell that Mwu = Neo in Gundam Seed Destiny so I guess it doesn't apply)

Fuck manga/anime logic.