Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 316

Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    It would have been so much cooler if this elemental stuff had been in the series since the beginning and not just blatantly inserted.
    sigh... this is exactly what i'm saying.... also the fact that naruto could do kage bunshin since episode 1... or chapter 1 im assuming in the manga? (didnt read manga till i finished watching anime)... then 300+ chapters later... "hey naruto, did you know, you can train 1000 times faster if u use 1000 kage bunshins??"

yay... Naruto has pretty much wasted about 3 years of his life doing pointless training and learning nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edort4
    I think that this is exactly what spalsh was saying, that king thing is too important to be only one person, its obvious that there are "important" persons but none of them are irreplaceable (something similar to what the 3rd hokage said). I too think that it is some kind of idea or feeling, like konoha as whole thing or that thing they talked about when hokage died the fire of konoha or that bs he was refering continuously when he was fighting orochimaru.
    That's pretty gay. If that's the way it turns out I'm going to be very unhappy.

Seeing as how Asuma is one of the Twelve Guardsmen of the Fire Country Daimyo wouldn't it make a little more sense for him to be talking about that person as the 'King' seeing as he is the king of the Fire Country.

And from what Yamato said, it seems that Jounin, and thus good ninjas usually learn to use a second element well, adding it to whatever 'natural' attunement they started out with.

SPECULATION: Bloodline Limits's are what seem to have the ability to merge two attributes into someone's nature, allowing them to create jutsu that aren't of either nature. However Kish has stuck himself into a corner as there are only 5 attributes and two hands, thus 10 mixtures available for Bloodline Limit mixings. However I doubt that Byakugan and Sharingan work like this, there could easily be multiple types of Bloodline LImits, some jutsu based and some ability based.

Missing Nin
    Quote Originally Posted by xDarkMaster
    If all jounins have atleast two elements, I wonder what Neji's and Gaara's are.

hmmm...
    Gara is clearly a mixture of Wind and Earth considering how his attacks work.

Neji is more of the result of a bloodline which is likely a sort of natural ability to mix chakra without your hands. Assuming thats how people are able to do them. Haku being wind and water and Sharingan being something else entirely. So Byakugan is likely something along those lines being born with a modified eye that can mix the chakra for you instead of using your hands to create wood for instance.

I like the idea of asuma referring to the king as naruto...it would foreshadow a bigger role for all of naruto's friends. However, my initial thought is he's referring to the fire daimyo, as someone already mentioned.

I dont think bloodlines can be defined as "the mixture of two elements"
    How would that apply to kimimaro?

I think kakashi was moreso referring to haku's particular bloodline which was to create ice from wind and water. As far as the whole "yin and yang" thing....I'd imagine its something like:
    kage mane = 2% fire, 5% water, 60% wind, 20% earth, 13% electricity
    A specific combination of multiple elements, but all of which in low quantities that make it easy for a genin to be capable of learning.

kage bunshin could be a primarily wind-affinity jutsu, but could still require a fraction of what's needed to produce a tangible wind form of chakra, hence why he'd be good at kage bunshin but still not have the knowledge to attack with wind.

And as for gaara....I'd say his jutsus are probably wind-affinity...since he's not CREATING sand, he just manipulates what's already there.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Missing Nin
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    And as for gaara....I'd say his jutsus are probably wind-affinity...since he's not CREATING sand, he just manipulates what's already there.
    Actually does indeed create sand in his fight with Kimimaro. not out of thin air mind you but by crushing minerals and turning them into dust. I don't think he would be able to so precisely do this or his quicksand moves if it didn't involve a earth affinity.

Im gonna go with what someone else said, that maybe there are multiple forms of bloodline limit. One like the sharingan and byakugan that is a physical/ability/natural bloodline, and those that are formed by combineing 2 elements to form new ones. Like the first hokage he could create life by growing trees but no one else could do that which was the combineing of water/earth=wood.

We also know not everyone can do this. Kakashi can use other elements but we have never seen him combine them. Same with sasuke (but we still havent seen the extent of his growth or new jutsu's, mind you he isnt a junin) he uses fire/lightning but we havent seen a combination. Maybe even naruto will have one or even a cobination between his affinity wind and maybe even kyubbis which im guessing is fire. Knowing kishi this is possible.

have you all ever painting? What happen if you mix 50% of green and 50% of yellow? What color would that be? What happen if you mix 30% of green and 70% of yellow? What color would that be? what about 10% of green and 90% yellow or red? Same theory, if you mix the 5 elements together with different proportion, the possible result can be limitless, that is why they call the 5 basic elements just like the basic or primary color.

For those who confuse about the bloodline this is the exact word of Kakashi say: "Using 2 natures at once.. require strenght to bring forwarth a new nature" In other words, any ninja who has 2 natures affinity doesn't mean they can use it at once. Reason: their body can't handle the stress. That is where the bloodline thing come in. Those who born with the body that able to take the stress or reduce it to minimum is called "the ninja born with bloodline". Simple?

PS: For bxgreatone87, yes kuuybi is the fire element monster. So i guess when Naruto go to Kuuybi mode, he will be able to control both wind and fire elements, but normally when he is not in Kuuybi mode, Naruto will only able to control wind.

ANBU Captain
    After reading this chapter, I was relieved to see that all of the past debates can be put to rest on the new element queries. What I really want to know is if sasuke's new jutsu that orochimaru prevented him from using is a combination of fire and lightening. The demonstration Yamato gave when he combined the two charkas, were the same seals sasuke performed. I’m not saying that the same seals are necessary when combining elements but maybe there's a connection. An inferno like chidori would be cool, or a huge fire/lightening storm-like move.

i will liek to see naruto be able to mix fire/wind when in kyubbi mode later on. Or maybe be able to use the kyubbi chakra so well that he wont have to transform to use kyubbis chakra to its max capabilities with his own chakra also.

I think being jankaruchi (sp?) is almost same as bloodline so you able to mix yours and demons' affinities togather. It would explain Gaara's ablility to control sand using wind and demon's earth afinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Death13a
    I think being jankaruchi (sp?) is almost same as bloodline so you able to mix yours and demons' affinities togather. It would explain Gaara's ablility to control sand using wind and demon's earth afinity.
    Jinchuuriki

i'm gonna go with naruto being the king as well. when shikamaru inadvertently states "when your king is taken away, it's over", I would translate that to say when akatsuki takes naruto away and extracts kyuubi, it's over.

i would have thought konoha as the king, but konoha is an inanimate object that's not an active player.

ANBU Captain
    I dont know if anybody else noticed, but when Asuma hinted to who the king was he pointed to a different piece on the shougi board. If anyone is can find out what the character on that piece was, it could end A LOT of speculation.

I'm pretty sure that they're just playing the game and moving the pieces, not pointing to pieces.

This chapter was rather interesting to me, but I was rather disappointed when Kakashi didn't further explain on the other non elemental jutsus. I'd just like to remind you guys that the elemental jutsus were introduced way back, as in the characters, when using elemental jutsus, will shout out it's type. For eg. Katon (fire), Suiton (water), Douton (earth), etc. However, the mixing of the types is totally new and yet to be explained fully.

I'd like to think of the bloodline limits as still due to the genes passed down from generations, and not some sort of weird ability to mix affinities. But like I always say, it's not worth it to over analyse some times unless the mistakes or ambiguity is staring at you right in the face.

On Asuma, I hope he doesn't leave die so soon. And by the way, who's Konohamaru's father......?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    And by the way, who's Konohamaru's father......?
    Hmm... didn't they mention that Konohamaru's parents died so Sandaime took him in? If someone can solidfy this notion, that'd imply the Asuma had siblings who had previously died too.

Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Hmm... didn't they mention that Konohamaru's parents died so Sandaime took him in? If someone can solidfy this notion, that'd imply the Asuma had siblings who had previously died too.
    nope .

ANBU Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by mage
    I'm pretty sure that they're just playing the game and moving the pieces, not pointing to pieces.
    But as they were playing Asuma refered to himself as a pawn, shikamaru as a knight and then pointed to a different piece. I know it may seem farfetched but it would be nice to know. Maybe the piece will specify who the "king" could be. It could be TI. lol

He wasn't pointing, he was sliding the piece since they're playing a game.