Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Vinland Saga

So, what do you think it's going to be the catalyst that will make Thorffin kick some ass? Some sort of invasion? The workers that are treating them like shit? Einar getting into some trouble and Thorffin decides to help him out? The chick getting raped?

Hm, I dunno... things are moving pretty slowly ever since the prologue ended. I don't really see an invasion happening, and Thorfinn seems fine with how he gets treated. Einar will probably be the catalyst for something to happen eventually since so much time was spent on him already.

I think if the author is going to continue his theme of discovering how to be a "true warrior" he will eventually shift Thorfinn's reason for fighting from aggression or revenge to protecting others.

Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Nothing beats a little trouble to stir Thorfinn back into action.

So long, Orman, we hardly knew you.

KIMOCHI~II

This series needs more frequent releases. One more chapter to see Thorfinn kicking some ass.

How do you think it'll play out though? For some reason I don't see him attacking the Master's son.

I imagine, for the sake of plot, Thorfinn's going to have to leave the farm sometime. What better reason than the death of the master's son, either intentionally or unintentionally?

True, he normally wouldn't attack Orman, but I'm sure that given an attacker with sword in hand without sufficient lighting, it wouldn't be that hard to do so.

KIMOCHI~II

Damnit freaking short chapter... such a tease, and Thorfinn doesn't like he'll be kicking much ass any time soon, he's like a zombie.

The irony is, I can't remember which page of which chapter it is, but before the time skip Thorfin tells a girl (slave) that he would rather die than be a slave. If he ever were one, he would kill his master or run away.

Chapter 59 is out by an anonymous scanslator:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDNRUVRN

Foxes, badgers, and snakes - oh my!

KIMOCHI~II

What do you think Thorfinn meant when he said "This guy can do it." ? Maybe he's been waiting on a strong person to come along to partner with?

I wish the scans were better cleaned, but it woud do. Thorfinn is getting his will back, so hopefully it'll be a couple of more chapters till he's back kicking ass. I would imagine that some sort of invasion to the plantation will wake him up fully.

Nice chapter, but boring.

*sigh* How they grow.

Why, it only seemed like yesterday that Canute dreaming he could prepare a rabbit stew his father would enjoy.

KIMOCHI~II

Poor Thorkell, has all the luxury money can afford, but no front on which to fight.

I'm not sure how to feel about Canute, of all people, slowly starting to occupy the seat Askeladd once sat in. At least Floki seems to have warmed up to him.

KIMOCHI~II

Here's 63:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zzkyid2ntwy

Also, an April Fool's version for those interested:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zwm5lmjzeog

Will try to catch up today.

I just caught up to chapter 65, and man this last 10 chapters or so have been very boring... other than those two Canute chapters. Hopefully something happens soon, so we get back to the action. Apparently the author had been sick as of late, might explain the slowness of the current plot?