Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Vinland Saga

Incredible, I had no idea Askeladd would do that in front of everyone, that was pretty crazy!
    I'm just waiting on the next course of action and seeing how this is going to play out.

This manga is awesome and keeps me entertained well.

I just caught up, and chapter 53 is out:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...e6ba49b5870170

I have to say that the last handful of chapters have been simply amazingly good... I never imagined that it would turn out this way, and 53 ends with quite a cool cliffhanger.

Damn, chapter 53. Who'd thought of all people, it'd be Canute to do it?

Still have to marvel at the author's knack for facial expressions- Askeladd's and Floki's exchange was especially good.

KIMOCHI~II

I'm kinda disappointed. Despite being a bureaucrat, wasn't Floki supposed to be strong?

It's becoming difficult to see how Canute can manage to bring Askeladd out of this alive in a believable manner, but I just don't see his character dying off either...

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    I'm kinda disappointed. Despite being a bureaucrat, wasn't Floki supposed to be strong?
    If you'll remember, never once did Floki do anything akin to fighting. All you ever see him do was talk or act threatening.

KIMOCHI~II

Askeladd is completely badass too.

Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    If you'll remember, never once did Floki do anything akin to fighting. All you ever see him do was talk or act threatening.
    That's true.

It seems like things will become pretty open-ended soon... since Thorfinn is the main character, the story would probably continue to focus on his surroundings once Askeladd splits with them (assuming he survives). Canute doesn't seem like the type to initiate a war on another nation though, so perhaps we'll see Thorfinn's adjustment to being Canute's bodyguard in the upcoming civil war.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

That's really all I can say, for Askladd to die like this has shocked me! Thorfinn is a mess right now, he doesn't know what to think.

Are the chapters released monthly in Japan? The title of this chapter was End of Prologue, so I guess there's much more story to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Are the chapters released monthly in Japan? The title of this chapter was End of Prologue, so I guess there's much more story to be had.
    Yeah, it is released monthly Japan.

The chapter title and Askeladd actually dying surprised me too. Looks like there may be a time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    Looks like there may be a time skip.
    Yeah that's what I thought, and I hope that when next we meet Thorfinn he actually starts using his brain.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT" is quite correct, particularly in this just being the prologue. Looking forward for more.

I'm not sure if there'll be that big of a time skip... There's a charm to continuing the story with Thorfinn being in his teens. We'll see.

Time skip or not, I'd have to agree with Abdula that Thorfinn had better be a more rounded character next we see him. Otherwise, the story'd be better off sticking with Canute and Thorkell.

Either way, there's just something about losing the driving force of the whole prologue. Hopefully the rest of the cast can pick up the slack.

KIMOCHI~II

Vinland Saga is back!

I don't think there will be much fighting anytime soon. Perhaps Thorfinn is taking another look at how to become a "true warrior."

Seems like they've just introduced someone who will become Thorfinn's first real friend, and maybe a long life companion of his.

"Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Heh, looks like Einar is the happy-go-lucky fool, soaking up the master's word with that much gusto.

Looks like he'll be the life of the party till Thorfinn regains some fire.

KIMOCHI~II