Thread: Fan Art... kinda

Fan Art... kinda

here is a pic of a character from naruto that i made up

He is from the hyuuga clan... I know I know, black hair :P

This is my first time adding in shading when i color images. I have others like this one...

no shading. I think i did an ok job. I'll do a full body pose with him doing something cool later.

named him Hyuuga Yukira
    so, if u have any comments, good or bad, let me know.

nice stuff man, i really like the creature
    -----------------

thanks, did not take to long to color him in. I use paint shop pro to do all the coloring. i would have shaded in the creature, but i did not draw it with the shade details. I'm just starting to learn shading and how it should look. I might go back and shade in the creature.

Good stuff. I like the first pic, and you did a pretty good job with the shading. One thing I noticed though is that your hand is way too tiny.

And man, that creature most definetly looks badass. I look forward to you shading it.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

is that squiggly thing supposed to be a turd comin out of his ass? where's his legs?

Last edited by Thi3f; Wed, 01-09-2019 at 05:06 PM.

thanks for the comments. Haha a turd, no, it's a tail. I did not finish the legs because I was not sure how I wanted them to be. I'll work on it, adding the legs and then shading it.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaniskii
    This is my first time adding in shading when i color images. I have others like this one...
    no shading. I think i did an ok job. I'll do a full body pose with him doing something cool later.
    so, if u have any comments, good or bad, let me know.
    Considering it's your first time shading, I'd say that you're off to a good start. Seeing your artwork reminds me of when I first started experimenting with adding shading to my drawings in photoshop. Most of what I draw/drew have little or no shading so many of my early works look flat & rough. The monster has a gritty look and feel to it (not that that's a bad thing), looks cool so far and when you go back to work on it, it's gonna be even more badass since shading gives the piece some depth.

Your hyuuga character looks good too. As someone mentioned before, the hand is a bit small. Apart from that, the only thing I would suggest is that you work on rounding out some of the shaded areas on the drapes/clothing as most of them have pointed edges. You can try curving some of the areas to give the clothing a little more natural flowing/folded look. All in all fine job. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

The hyuuga character isn't bad. All i have to say that others haven't said already (shading, more rounding) is the spear should be thinner and maybe longer. Also, you could do better on the hair and eyepatch. Although i would prefer he lost the eyepatch, but that may just be my own thing against eyepatches. I noticed too that his face needs to be a little more round. It looks kind of like a triangle, when it should be more rectangular.

Also, you should give him more of a relaxed look. Most of him does look relaxed, but the hand thats holding the spear makes him look really tense. Same with his hair, you should lengthen it a little in the back I think.

Other than that, gj. 5.5/10

Genin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    The hyuuga character isn't bad. All i have to say that others haven't said already (shading, more rounding) is the spear should be thinner and maybe longer. Also, you could do better on the hair and eyepatch. Although i would prefer he lost the eyepatch, but that may just be my own thing against eyepatches. I noticed too that his face needs to be a little more round. It looks kind of like a triangle, when it should be more rectangular.

Also, you should give him more of a relaxed look. Most of him does look relaxed, but the hand thats holding the spear makes him look really tense. Same with his hair, you should lengthen it a little in the back I think.

Other than that, gj. 5.5/10
    Why don't you just draw your own picture? You're basically describing a whole new idea...

Just wondering about the spear-ish type weapon the guy is holding... I see it is double sided... is it used for impaling, or more like spinning around and slashing? :-P

I think the second picture is really awsom.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian
    Why don't you just draw your own picture? You're basically describing a whole new idea...
    Because Im not good at drawing. Why don't you join the debate team? You sure do like to argue

I believe the double-sided spear is not used for impaling, nor is it used for slashing. It is simply there for shear badass-ness. Atleast in my opinion.

And is this guy part of the head or branch family? If hes part of the branch that would make him so bad ass. And you should give him that little swastika sign on the forhead (or cross as in the anime).

Then again, if he is part of the head family, he could be one of neji's rivals, as lee-sempai doesn't quite seem to interest neji too much. Maybe the spear could be used as another absolute defense? Or maybe a very powerful offense to counter neji's defense?

When you make a really nice character, you should give him an identity. Like specialties, rivals, personality, likes, dislikes, maybe even team members? You know, the whole naruto bit.

Genin
    I think he's just a drawing.