Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

So, did anybody go see this movie yet? If it's anything like the first I think it'll be a great movie, however I haven't gotten a chance to see it yet, so I'm wondering what some of you who have seen it think. (Jack being half fish or something seems kinda weird too)

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

It's great, better than the first IMO. Go see it as soon as you can.

Better than the first?! PotC is my all-time favorite movie (watched it around 4 times the day I bought the DVD, haha), but having the sequel top it...... oh, man, I am way too excited now!

Genin
    YAY im seeing it this saturday for my bdayy!!!!.
    you cant be serious its better then the first?!?!? Thats awesome!!! i'll get back to you about it.
    kooshi!- loll i watched it heaps when i got the dvd too!!!
    BANZAI

This is one of the best movie I ever saw. It is much better than the first one which I loved. Those of you who havent seen it , well go see it!

Johnny Depp... Oh my God! He is so hot in that movie!!!!!! I just love how he acts. One talented actor. He should definatly win an Oscar.

Rate: 5 stars

Awesome movie. I don't remember the first too well but this movie was great. Funny as hell, and had a lot of action.

SEE IT!

Damn, better than the first? Potc is like one of my all time favorite movies.

I was planning on waiting until the DVD was out, but I might just go out and see it. Got nothin better to do. Despite the fact Johnny Deep acts a bit gay in the movie.....hes pretty kool....

And that just came out wrong....

Edit: Oh yea, Its saturday Ms. Happy Bday? =P Or is it next Sat.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Sat, 07-08-2006 at 11:44 AM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    He acts like Keith Richards.......which I guess is kinda gay.

But there's a suprise at the end of the movie

R.I.P Captain America.

KEITH RICHARDS IS NOT GAY. NEVER EVER SAY THAT AGAIN.

Anyway... as for the movie, I guess it was all right. I actually have the first one on DVD but I've only watched it once. The fight scenes were cool, but the people in the theater weren't. There were absolutely no seats so we had to sit in the front, and had to listen to the crazed PoTC fans clap when the movie started, and about at every point Johnny Depp showed up.

I especially liked how big the women's breasteses were from the front row.

I personally thought the first movie was better, but maybe that's because I didn't have to deal with PoTC fangirls and boys clapping and whistling and being annoying. Overall a decent movie in my view... good computer animation and fight scenes, decent storyline, etc. Worth the $8.50 I spent to watch it.

for the people who download movies.
    Pirates.Of.The.Carribean.The.Dead.Mans.Chest.iNTER NAL.CAM.HYdRO was released

Screenshots

Saw a sample video of the Hydro version. I'm definatly waiting for the DVD or go out n watch it. Quality was just too bad. It would ruin the PotC experience.

Edit: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060709/ap_en_mo/box_office

Damn nice...I'm go see it tonight.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Sun, 07-09-2006 at 12:53 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Just came back from seeing it. I loved it except I'm not too sure of it being better than the first, however it is definetly a movie worth seeing. In my eyes, the 1st might be just a tiny bit over the 2nd, of course I say this because I wanted more at the end of the movie after seeing Barbosa's appearence (which I predicted). That ending was pretty much an invitation with a threatening deathnote demanding you go see the 3rd movie...which of course I will be doing. However, I didn't have to deal with crazy PotC fans screaming everytime

Davy Jones....ugh. That was a weird sight indeed. Jack leaping into the cracka? (how was it pronounced?) was possibly the most badass scene in the movie. But I forget the fate Barbosa faced at the end of the 1st...however I believe he was shot, after becoming human or something like that....now how does one escape death like that? Of course, probably the same way Sparrow escaped marooned on an island and how he will escape the cracka....(oh you know he's going to.)

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I guess we'll find out in 3rd part. btw I have read somewhere on the net that in 3rd movie Jacks father is going to appear.

that's a rumor. But if it does happen his father will be Keith Richards.

R.I.P Captain America.

Keith dropped out of the film due to schedualing conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskiddo
    Jack leaping into the cracka? (how was it pronounced?) was possibly the most badass scene in the movie.
    I believe it's spelled "kraken"
    cracka, lol.....

Jack being flamboyant as usual.
    I'm still kinda confused though......why did he prefer not to destroy the heart? Wouldn't he also be free from davy jones if he just destroyed it?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Jack said something about Davey Jones being the only one who can "call the beastie off"

If Davey's dead, then it would still be hunting Jack.

R.I.P Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    I believe it's spelled "kraken"
    cracka, lol.....

Jack being flamboyant as usual.
    I'm still kinda confused though......why did he prefer not to destroy the heart? Wouldn't he also be free from davy jones if he just destroyed it?
    In that case I stand corrected (white guys get off my back).

Davy Jones had control of the seas, whoever held the heart, could blackmail Davy Jones into doing whatever he/she wants. Will wanted to free his father, thus wished to destroy it. If Jack held the heart in his hands, he could've easily made Davy Jones free him, and had Davy Jones do more for him.

I thought this was movie was just as good as the first, not better (to each his own). It was damn funny, had an interesting story, and made some great references to the first movie. Maybe Johnny Depp will get another Oscar nomination for this movie? I was really surprised he got a nomination for the first movie.
    I think I can speak for the majority of the people about the dice game (forgot the name of the game). I was so freaking confused on what was going on, but after researching a bit on it, it made so much sense. Still, it would've been better if they chose an easier game to understand or one that is extremely well-known.

My favorite quote
    Elizabeth: "There will come a moment where you have a chance to do the right thing."
    Sparrow: "Yes, I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Another funny one was

Will: We'll need all of us to work the ship!
    CrewMember: Actually we only need about 6....
    Crewmember: Uh-oh...
    Will: PULL!!!