Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Vista

Vista is f*cking awesome! Nuf said!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

DROG13

Vista more unstable than ever

1. implementation of IPv6 wiht IPv4 in the network stack has opened way to many holes in vista security.

2. user's can exploit "administrative escalation" and get superuser access to all parts of your OS, and cause all sorts of malicious damage.

3. The network stack is VIRGINAL...aka, it has not been tested in a hostile environment and hardened like XP. Microsoft actualy rewrote the network stack FROM SRCATCH

4. anyone that uses vista is still beta testing it.....this saves microsoft money, and causes the user headaches....Vista also cannot support several popular antivirus programs on the market.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ref...ackSurface.pdf

Read em and weep ....in fear or frustration.....vista does not yet have my confidence.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Just got my university enterprise copy, installed it on two fairly middle-of-the-road machines (p4 northwood 3.2ee's, nvidia quadro fx 500 video cards, 2gb ram each). Runs pretty well, but I've got a load of gripes about things that are unnecessarily different, unintuitive changes, bad defaults.

My users are probably getting office 2007 in the next two or three weeks, but not getting vista for quite a while.

the only thing i really don't like about vista, is that soundblaster support is freaking horrible.
    Other then that i think its fine, runs great too and such, but ill be using xp for another year or so at the least.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Runs pretty well, but I've got a load of gripes about things that are unnecessarily different, unintuitive changes, bad defaults.
    My thoughts exactly. Most of the changes to the UI were totally unnecessary, the best example being the "revamped" start menu. The system font (Segoe UI) is also a poor choice because not every monitor works well with ClearType fonts. My laptop's screen is okay but my desktop LCD is absolutely brutal with ClearType.