Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Spider-man 3

Movie: Spider-man 3

HD version of the Spider-man 3 teaser

Awesome. But sadly the black symbiote costume is going to be just a palette swap after all. This is going to get some fans pissed...... But come to think of it, it would make more sense for the costume design to remain the same, as opposed to the one in the comics. No matter what, I'm looking forward to this one.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

The last two movies were really good. I especially loved the 2nd one. This one also looks promising. (I hope Venom is in it). So far, Sand man and hob-goblin are definatly in it. I also hope its not the last one .

Venom you say? This bit of news might put a smile on your face: a fan went to the movie filming and used a telephoto lense to take a picture of Topher Grace (Eric Forman from that 70s show) on set. He's wearing a press pass that reads "Eddie Brock."
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Well Eddie Brock's been confirmed, and the alien symbiote's been confirmed too. But whether or not Venom will be appearing is still an unknown as Marvel hasn't officially announced him yet. But chances are high considering Spidey was peeling off his black suit in the clock tower, and we all know what happens after that. My only concern? Too many villians. Remember Batman and Robin? *shudders*. While I'm really confident Spider-man 3 will never drop to that kinda level, I'm just a little concerned about screen time for each of the characters.
    Last edited by Psyke; Thu, 06-29-2006 at 09:15 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I am a huge spider man fan. So all the movies are a must see for me. I loved the first two movies. In the first movie the Spiderman’s movements were a bit jerky and had a few glitches and he looked stiff at times but in the second movie his movements were very smooth and looked natural. I was surprised that they revealed spidy’s identity so quickly. I want to see more characters from Spiderman comics.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    The Trailer is great, not only are the doing one of my favorite scenes from the cartoon/comic:

But they're also sticking with the origin, which means there's at least a 60% chance that they won't fuck it up.

And from what I've heard we will be seeing Vemon in the movie.

R.I.P Captain America.

I'm very excited after watching the teaser.

But I'm worried how they'll handle so many villains.

I mean, first part had the Green Goblin and it was enough, the second had Dr. Ock and he was so stupidly cool - now we get Green Goblin, Sandman AND Venom?? Isn't that too much for two hours? We'll have alien symbiote and Peter Parker's darkness along with two other villians...

Well, I have faith. The first two movies rocked so, so much that they can't screw this one that easily.

I only hope this doesn't turn out like X-Men 3, which wasn't bad but somehow unfullfilling and I really really want this one to be the best thing ever.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

In the cartoon the black stuff came from outer space but in Ultimate Spider Man it was a material made by Peter's father to cure cancer. I wonder which one they'll go with considering anything comming from outer space would seem kinda akward in a Spider Man movie.

There are a lot of villians, but I figured to incorporate all three they could easily to this:

(pure speculation)
    -Sandman is more of an introductory villian, a first 20 minutes kind of a deal. He wasn't all that important in the comics and won't be here. It'll be a good opportunity to end up with Spidey stuck with the symbiote.
    -While battling Green Goblin, Peter's dark side begins to show up, and Eddie Brock is there to see and take photos of it. Nearly killing Harry, he realizes he's out of control, and works on getting out of the suit.
    -Symbiote moves to Eddie Brock, Venom appears, and the end of the movie is all those two. If the right build up is taken during the previous part, there doesn't even need to be any additional character development. You could do it all in the last 45 minutes.

I figure if they make it a 2:15 ro 2:30 hour movie it'll work out fine.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Thu, 06-29-2006 at 06:14 PM.

I predict Harry is going to have a major role in killing off Venom. Sort of a take out two birds with one stone situation.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I soooooo hope Venom is going to be in this movie. He's probably my favorite comic book villian ever. I just hope they find a good way to include him, and don't pull an X3, squashing 2 huge plot points into one movie.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    The last two movies were really good. I especially loved the 2nd one. This one also looks promising. (I hope Venom is in it). So far, Sand man and hob-goblin are definatly in it. I also hope its not the last one .

I remember in the cartoon series it was because of Sandman that Mary Jane died, and they created like a clone of her or whatever. Then Madam Web or whatever gives Peter a chance to save her in the end of the series.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

If you go to IMDB.com and look up spiderman 3 You can see the whole cast and crew. Venom is confirmed for the film. I see many good things. It's the same director as the last two. So not X 3 syndrom for this film.

"Spider-Man 3" Story Spoilers

Posted: Thursday June 29th 2006 1:23am
    Source: filmick
    Author: Garth Franklin

A few months back came some script spoilers from the upcoming third "Spider-Man" film, spoilers which lasted for all of half a day online before Sony forced the article's removal. Now similar spoilers have gone online over at filmick and highlight the context of many of the shots in the trailer (SPOILERS AHEAD). No word how long they'll stay online but they do sound cool and very ambitious.
    Amongst the revelations:

- Before getting on Peter, the symbiote (the black oil substance) has a rather 50's sci-fi origin (ala The Blob)

- In a church bell tower, Eddie Brock (Topher Grace) follows this black Spidey character and sees Peter ripping himself free of the suit - some of which falls onto Brock, causing him to "become" Venom.

- For most of the film, Spider-Man is in pursuit of The Sandman. Harry as the Goblin (sans mask) fights Peter early on and returns at the end to aid him in the final confrontation with Sandman and Venom at a construction site.

- "Dark Spidey, as it were - Peter before he has overcome Venom - is the one who courts Gwen Stacey. Problems in the relationship with MJ, as well as professional issues compound to bring him down. Even downer than last time. That's how Raimi, Sargent and co are using Venom - as a dramatic device to show Peter not just giving up on his great responsibility, but getting drunk on his great power."

- There are scenes inside Curt Connor's lab, where he studies the symbiote, and these scenes are also used to set up the research that will, in the character's story - though not in this movie - turn him into The Lizard.

- The Black Cat does not make any significant appearance in the film, despite existing, on paper, in various earlier conceptions.

- And the fourth villain? "Makes only a fleeting appearance - Bruce Campbell's character this time around is Quentin Beck, known to fans of the comic as Mysterio".

For more details, including who lives and dies, http://filmick.blogspot.com/2006/06/...r-trailer.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0V80...=spiderman%203

This video is only fan-made obviously, but there seems to be some different footage in there seperate from the official teaser/trailer. I have no idea how they came to get this stuff, but in there you can see clear shots of Venom and they seem to have given him the type of snout/fang set seen in the Alien movies, which should work ok.

The other thing I remember from a while back, was that on the IMDB cast listing they had "Rosemary Harris - May Parker/Carnage". People were going nuts that they were going to make Aunt May join with the symbiote to become Carnage, as that really is a truly horrible thought, it couldn't possibly be anything but crap.

As it stands now, Rosemary Harris is completely gone from the Spiderman 3 roster. Surely Aunt May will be in the movie... I wonder if IMDB has just taken that entry out of their database due to the mistake(?) and not replaced it? She can't just be absent, it'd make no sense.

Man it'd be cool to see Carnage in a movie, he's one of the best villains ever, they'd need a really powerful actor to play such a psycho imo. But I'd rather Cletus Cassidy not be replaced with Aunt May, thanks. Please let there be no truth to that.

Sam Rockwell played a really good psycho in The Green Mile. He gets my vote for Cletus Cassidy in future Spiderman films. He even looks a bit like him.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Paulyboy
    I remember in the cartoon series it was because of Sandman that Mary Jane died, and they created like a clone of her or whatever. Then Madam Web or whatever gives Peter a chance to save her in the end of the series.
    No, it was the water guy. I think he melted......or something.........Was Sand Man even in the cartoon?

.......>_>............<_<................*I could play Carnage*.............

That was Hydro-man. And yes, Sand man was in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    No, it was the water guy. I think he melted......or something.........Was Sand Man even in the cartoon?

.......>_>............<_<................*I could play Carnage*.............

Yeah your right, and Carnage would be a good villain though, I hope they make a part 4 because Spiderman has been my favorite cartoon and comic when I was growing up.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

I'm thinking that Venom won't be seen untill the very last scene. It'll go like this: Peter (as black spidey) ruins Eddie Brock's life. Then he fights Harry as Goblin atop the bridge where Harry has taken Gwen hostage. He fails to save Gwen from bridge fall, kills Sandman and gets into obligatory "What have I become?" melodrama. Spidey runs to church tower, kicks Eddie's ass again just for being a dick, and the church bells ring loud enough to weaken ther symbiote. Peter tears the damn thing off and it all drips down onto Brock. Peter recovers and runs back to MJ. Then camera goes back to church where Brock has bonded with the symbiote. We see Venom for about two seconds and then credits roll.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Well that would mean theres a fourth movie coming and, while that'd be just great, wasn't Spiderman supposed to be a trilogy? The girl who plays Mary Jane (never bothered to remember her name) was interviewed at some point and she said she really didn't want to do any more movies...

But yeah, I agree. Venom can't really have a large part in the movie, it'd be too much for just 2/2:30 hours.

Now, if they showed the true origins of the black suit... it would probably suck, but it'd be rather funny.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声