Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV: The 4400

TV: The 4400

Since late last year, this series has become one of my favorites. Wondering how many of you follow it. Last week season 3 started with a 2 hour premiere, to what seems like it'll be the best season yet. Anyways, last night episode 3 of season 3 aired, so I'm starting a thread for the series seeing if anyone wants to discuss it.

Here are season 1 and 2:
    http://isohunt.com/dl.php?id=11828259

Here are episodes 1 and 2 of season 3:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...97c37865dd4425

Here's episode 3 of season 3:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...c7d26b71367176

Here's a summary episode for the first 2 seasons:
    http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?...2064217184c9d7
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 01-16-2008 at 05:03 PM.

That consultant dude is creepy, i wonder if he can predict the future?? An also, if sean nails isabelle, does that make him a pedophile??

Yeah, I hate the consultant dude also... But he's a necessary evil. I indeed think he can predict the future, though I'm confused... Is he a 4400? I had the feeling he wasn't when he was first introduced, maybe he's simply the de facto leader of the Nova Group, so he knows what's going to happen because of that.

Anyways, just watched episode 3... the ending was kinda sick, he's a pedophile.

Downloading episode 4 atm.

The 4400 - Episode 3-04

Interesting episode, Alice Krieg is awesome, she's so good at being evil but kinda/sorta/maybe good at the same time. Her (Lady Jessica in Children of Dune TV Movie) and Maya (Kwisatz Haderach ripoff) remind me of Dune, which brings in the question of whether Maya was trapped in her visions. She left all those clues based on what she thought was going to happen, but she apparently didn't see that the future people were going to take her back. Or she knew and couldn't avoid it for some reason. It's too bad this show doesn't have the time to really delve into the issues associated with oracular powers, it would be very interesting to see how they handled it.

As to Isabelle, I always wondered why she bothered with the consultant guy. He was always mean to her and telling her what to do, but never seemed to give her a reason why she should listen to him. I guess she was still in the young and impressionable stage when he got to her. But obviously she's grown out of that!

And where is Jordan Collier?!?!?! The consultant guy seems to know he's back, but isn't trying to get in touch with him, making him even more suspicious than before.

Well, I just finished watching season 3... just in time for season 4 starting next Sunday.

I thought season 3 was great, some old forgotten characters made some appearances which was nice. I was hoping Eve would kill more people, and that we would be able to see bit more of those enhanced soldiers fighting.

Hopefully season 4 will be just as good and I wish we'll be able to see the actual war and some great action scenes.

i still think sean is a huge child molester, and should be put away

So Collier' ablility is power negation...kinda interesting. And that's kinda sad about the whole Alana thing. She's back in the 1800s? And where did richard go? He was like my fav. character. So many questions

Glad this is back, it's made the last few summers much more enjoyable. Graham's power was pretty cool, but of course he was doomed to abuse it instead of making people take a turn for the better.

As to Collier I'm guessing he's been sent back as 4400 policeman, though his meglomania is still there to keep his charachter interesting. The Alana situation reeks of actor troubles instead of story driven so I doubt she'll ever be back for more than a cameo, which is sad. Kyle may in fact have developed a power, the ability to interact with people from the future in his head, which would let him fill part of Alana's old role.

All in all I think the season has potential, but still no firm direction other than 'save the world' hopefully they'll go into more details this time.

tonight's episode was pretty good, and the story of Tom's wife Alana being painted by an artist in the past and having a connection of some kind thrown out there like that.

The kid was kinda freaky though. And oh my god I've never hated an intro to a good TV show so much in my life.

note by the way:I hate and am terrified by clowns

I felt lukewarm about this episode. It almost seems like the show has jumped the shark with these last two eps. They keep trying to tie up loose ends from last season, but all in the background of the new stuff going on with the promicin poppers. They haven't really tied up anything but they're still dumoing new stuff into the mix at an alarming rate.

Hopefully the next ep will see the reemergence of the 4400 center and organized 4400's doing things again, I don't know how that will work without Jordan but it should make for interesting TV.

Well, Sean has been running the center for the longest, and he did a pretty good job (except for that whole nova group thing). So i'm guessing he'll be back at the center, doing what he does best. And kyle's power is kinda weird/good...i dont know how i feel about it yet, but if i had that power, id kind of be mad...i mean, who wants an imaginary friend as a power?

At least she's got intersting info. I'm guessing she's somehow linked to the future in a more direct way than we've seen before. Maybe Kyle is going to take over his dad's job as doer of things for the future people.

Is it me, or is kyle getting creepier and creepier by the episode?

Plus...the creepy future people doing something to Tom is a little creepy, since Tom is also supposed to get an ability later. That makes him like, super dangerous now...hmm
    Last edited by rockmanj; Mon, 07-23-2007 at 09:13 PM.

infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Is it me, or is kyle getting creepier and creepier by the episode?

Plus...the creepy future people doing something to Tom is a little creepy, since Tom is also supposed to get an ability later. That makes him like, super dangerous now...hmm
    I agree. A lot of the characters in the series are becoming creepier by the episode. So far, I am not liking this season as much as last. They practically got rid of two primary characters and the other ones really aren't doing much this season.

Wtf...richard returns, but he seemed out of practice with his acting...-_-: Hope it picks up.

Richard was extremely odd this ep, but I can see how after all he went through he might want to just start over. The Tess and Shawn thing seemed really forced and uninspiring, but I suspect it was all just a setup for the "will you die from promicin test that I suspect will be forthcoming".

infidel
    Personally...I thought that the latest episode was creepy. I am assuming Isabelle is going to grow up again from a science in the previews for next week. Hopeful of course, mainly because I feel bad for Kyle.

Maybe her body will be able to produce promycin, something like a jump start. I'm guessing that could happen, since she was made little again.

infidel
    Anybody watch the episode last night? It was a rather weird episode, didn't really do anything for the plot except get us to where we were the episode before last.

Infidel I'm guessing you you missed every single seen with Tom in it. Anyway from what he said I suspect there is some way Isabelle can get her powers back, and since she's a still just big baby she'll probably go evil again at the drop of a hat.

Something that really confused me though was Cassie's instructions playing right into the Marked peoples hands. Who's side is she actually on anyway?