Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie: AVP 2: Aliens vs. Predator

Movie: AVP 2: Aliens vs. Predator

IGN FilmForce first reported the news that 20th Century Fox may have signed special effects artists-turned-directors Greg and Colin Strause (aka the Brothers Strause) to helm Alien vs. Predator 2 (aka "AVP2"). The brothers themselves have now confirmed the news at their official website.

In addition to their award-winning work as music video and commercial directors, the Brothers Strause also run Hydraulx, which has provided special effects work for such Fox films as X-Men: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four and The Day After Tomorrow.

Source: IGN FilmForce
    June 8, 2006

I hope the series hasn't already been totally destroyed by the 1st film. At least they didn't get WS Anderson this time. He's already done enough damage to at least 2 major franchise.
    Last edited by Psyke; Sun, 08-26-2007 at 06:27 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Hmm... Well, the good things is that it can't probably get any worse than the first one, if they do serious work at all. AVP was like balloon: It looked like a big thing, but there was nothing but empty air inside.

I didn't hate the first film or anything, but it certainly wasn't anything great. I didn't think it was good either. It was just.. "meh". Hopefully a new director (I think?) will be able to turn it around and make it as it should be. I'm really, really starting to hate W.S. Anderson now.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

News from superherohype:

20th Century Fox has revealed the new Red Band trailer for Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem, opening in theaters on December 25. Directed by the Strause brothers and written by Shane Salerno, the movie stars David Paetkau, John Ortiz, Johnny Lewis, Reiko Aylesworth, Sam Trammell, Shareeka Epps and Steven Pasquale.

You can watch the trailer via this link! The official website is now also online at AVP-R.com.

Friggin awesome trailer, you guys have to check it out. Looks like they can actually deliver this one.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Man, that trailer looks insanely good.

Pity my country will probably get it about 6 months after everyone else.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Raven

Thats why we have the internet Raven....

Sig made by Lucifus

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    wow... that was the most intense movie trailer i have ever seen. i will likely be going to see this movie

The most positive aspect of the trailer was that it had the proper everybody dies feeling an alien (and predator) movie should possess.

Possibly the bloodiest trailer I have ever seen, I'm guessing it will be rated R which it should be. PG-13 is for pussy's

Sig made by Lucifus

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    There is no way they can make that PG-13 unless the trailer is filled with all the content they're going to cut out and the rest of the movie is toned way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Foomanchew24
    Possibly the bloodiest trailer I have ever seen, I'm guessing it will be rated R which it should be. PG-13 is for pussy's
    BLoodiest? rofl try watching the rambo 4 trailer. haha
    -----------------

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    i hope it will be on par with Predator.
    Not that the movie was top notch, but it was enjoyable for the least.

The Predator with glover was a let down to me.

I've not seen AVP... so I'll wait for your comments on this second opus once it's out

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    BLoodiest? rofl try watching the rambo 4 trailer. haha
    Heh heh. I was going to mention the exact same thing. It was quite a blood fest.

infidel
    I just got done watching the trailer, have to say the trailer itself is better than the first movie. Though my biggest problem with the first glimpse of this movie is it appears that nobody is going to live to see the end? I hate movies like that due to the fact half of the killings are filler and have no real purpose in the plot.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel
    I just got done watching the trailer, have to say the trailer itself is better than the first movie. Though my biggest problem with the first glimpse of this movie is it appears that nobody is going to live to see the end? I hate movies like that due to the fact half of the killings are filler and have no real purpose in the plot.
    Well, the kind of movie is the cause. The audience needs their share of blood and killings.
    In 90 or 120 minutes, you do not have much time to have character developement and sub arcs so that most of the deaths mean something. Plus we're talking about a bloodthirsty beast and a nasty alien hunter... so basically they can kill just for killing... with no reason or other purpose...

c u

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

A movie where the kid dies or at least gets implanted with an alien embryo (or appears to in the trailer) ya don't see that everyday. Usually there the only ones guaranteed to survive.

This looks better than the first movie though it can't really be any worse.
    Last edited by GhostKaGe; Sun, 08-26-2007 at 06:43 PM.

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

I just saw both the Rambo 4 and Avp2 trailers and I have to say Rambo is alot more gruesome than Avp.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Quote Originally Posted by Paulyboy
    I just saw both the Rambo 4 and Avp2 trailers and I have to say Rambo is alot more gruesome than Avp.
    For a more mature audience, like these both movies should have by the book, one fact is that humans killing humans in a cruel way should look more gruesome than some creature of imagination doing the killing. It feels more real and thus the impact should be bigger. You could actually imagine it happening somewhere, as opposed to the pure fantasy of some gut eating monster hatching out of you.

That trailer does look really good - it gives me new hope in the franchise after Aliens died (Aliens 4) and Predator got Danny Glover (Predator 2). I thought the first AVP was ok, but it wasn't true to the comics and it had some gaping plot holes. I just hope the military makes an appearance and gets crushed like in Aliens 2.

Also, was I seeing things or does Ripley have a cameo in the trailer at 0:56?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven

ok read this post after I saw the trailer...

my response was very similiar.

I said "man, that is insanely violent"

only connection is our use of the word insanely