Thread: Video/sound editing

Exclamation Video/sound editing

so me and my friends debbie took a video ot us danceing to a song and i want to edit in the song because it did not turn out well. what woudl be the best way to do this?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    depends what you're trying to do.

Final Cut Pro for the mac, Adobe Premiere for windows are both good choices for most movie editing, and will give you a lot of options which will probably let you do what you want.

If you're just trying to throw away the original audio track and mux in a new one, you could use virtualdub for that. If you're trying to actually alter the audio track, you could use virtualdub to demux it and Audacity to edit it.

All of them have learning curves, but none of them are insurmountable.

It should be mentioned that you need a fairly powerful computer to do video editing. I'd recommend at least a 2.5+ Gh processor, 1G RAM, and a sizeable front side bus. Otherwise your computer will slow to a crawl, and you'll likely get frustrated before finishing up your editing.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Student
    Why would he need adobe premier for that? I think he should be fine with Windows MovieMaker (If he is a windows user)

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by maikes
    Why would he need adobe premier for that? I think he should be fine with Windows MovieMaker (If he is a windows user)
    If it didn't suck....

Edit: Adobe primier can do a way better job as well as not being as hard on the system. Besides Movie maker sucks.....alot
    image fail!

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadfire
    If it didn't suck....

Edit: Adobe primier can do a way better job as well as not being as hard on the system. Besides Movie maker sucks.....alot
    you are a microsoft hater aren't you...

Movie Maker, don't suck that much, it is still better then nothing at all, and if you know how to use it you can make nice stuff with it