Thread: video file

video file

sup ppl...does anybody know how to split an "avi" file into its audio and video parts? For example for the anime "angel blade" i wanna split the ending part of the avi file into its audio part and video part so i can make an audio-only file and listen to just the audio part instead of with the video.

If anybody doesnt understand wut i wanna do please feel free to reply to this post and i will try my best to clarify further. Thx for all ur time and effort...any links/step by step instructions will be helpful. (already checked out some various sites like videohelp.com for this stuff but i coulndt realli understand the stuff since im such a noob with this stuff...)

Well like my counter-part pointed out below, this is a repeat topic. Other things I would also like to say is please if you are to make a topic about your problem make up a better title then what you have here. Please state your problem in the title not in the thread it's self. A good title for this thread (if this wasn't a repeat) would have been something like "How do I get the audio off a video file". As well people help other people if they can understand what they are saying. I only got what you were saying because of your other post.

Please use this thread to continue your question

User Warned and Thread Locked
    Last edited by Deadfire; Wed, 05-10-2006 at 09:28 PM.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Other then your spelling and sometimes grammer I sort of get what you mean.

You want the audio recorded to a mp3 format from a ".avi" Video file correct?

Isn't the same question you asked here

Quote Originally Posted by tennismasta
    hi, i want to try and rip the audio part from an amaenaideyo katsu episode and then cut that audio stream to fit only the ending so i can listen to it since the ending apparently isnt out yet...does anybody know some software where i can download in order to strip the audio stream from the video steam? thx.
    and got the answers here

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    You can use the sound recorder application in Windows to record off the sound. I use Audacity for sound file editing, which is quite simple and is free.

And you should have posted this in the help me thread instead of starting a new topic.
    and here

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    With avi files it's also possible to simply open the file in an editor like Goldwave. The editor will obviously only open the audio track of the file (without such visual displays that editors have, although you still might need to crop the file in an editor, anyway). Then you can crop it suitably to contain only the part you wanted. And of course there are programs you can use to rip directly the audio track, but I can't be bothered to remember any names. You can find them with Google, like I did once...

This is a full digital way, as opposed to the DA AD way Psyke suggested.
    Wait a sec, people are answering that question in a different thread... so guess what that means! This is a repeat topic and I don't need to answer because you already got it, TWICE
    image fail!