Thread: Customized computer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Yeah I think I was seeing prices for older model Revos. The Revodrive 3 is ridiculously expensive. I'm surprised they cost so much more than a regular SSD. Definitely not worth it in my book.

You have an 840Pro and it takes 45.8 seconds to fully boot to Windows? Must be an older gen 840 because that seems slow. My 35 second full boot includes a Windows password.
    I'm under the impression that it's rather new stock. The model number is MZ-7PD256BW. How long does it take for the screen to go from black to words when you boot? I suspect that the long wait time on mine is either due to the BIOS/mobo, or it's due to the the fact that the mobo is waiting for all the HDDs to spin up, which includes two 5.4Krpm drives. The boot drive is on my intel 510 SSD, so there may be some variances there as well.

I'm not at all worried about it either way though. I use sleep all the time, and reboot when the prompts to do so annoy me enough. By far the biggest slow-down in my system is Comodo Internet Security. The HIPS behaviour blocker gets stuck in a loop sometimes when it tries to think about whether or not to flag an unknown process as questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    The Windows logo has such a minimum time? Although even the default time can't be that long since it shortened considerably after moving from HDD to SSD.
    I think my ultrabook said something about that, but this site also mentions it. It's only 2-5 seconds, if they're credible.

edit after reading Ani's edit: hmm.. we're about even then. I've skipped the ram check in mine, mind you. Scanning 12GB of ram does take a while longer.

edit2: nvm, just saw that it's a different system you tested, heh. Maybe I should swap my boot drives around then...

edit3: eh, ultimately it won't matter since both drives contain programs that are necessary for running anyway. The samsung does seem to have a lower write endurance compared to the intel however, and it also has encryption... so it may still be the ideal drive to run the OS off, if you discount reliability being an issue.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 08-22-2013 at 12:20 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~