Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Customized computer?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    well i'm an idiot and i want instant gratification...

i'm going to move the power supply from my media center computer to my main computer. I didn't know it was a 550 until last night and i got a molex to sata power connection cable today so that i can hook up my boot drive and at least make sure that the video card works with it.

i will look at a nice psu and new case in a couple weeks when i have actual money to spend and not just teh credit card

It doesn't even have SATA power connectors? That sounds pretty old.

my old (3 years) 350w psu had sata connecters o_O
    -----------------

WOOT!

finally got it working
    I still need a new psu though, the one from my other computer doesn' t match up w\ the case i have the one in so i cant screw it in. the card runs kinda hot but should be fine

a new concern.... my multiplier keeps jumping from its default of 12 all the way down to 5, so in cpu-z and in my motherboards software it shows my cpu speed going from 2500 to 1000.... wtf... and also my memory toggles between 200-333
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Mon, 08-06-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Google "Speedstep"
    Thanks. That explains alot. 100+ FPS in CS:S is kinda useless if my cpu wants to cut to less than half its normal speed every 10-15 seconds.

I think before i was getting 30-35 FPS running an x1300. And, since im in need of a power supply im thinking of also getting a nice solid case to put it in.

It shouldn't step down the multiplier if you're playing games... Games put your CPU on 100% load even when you're "not doing anything."

the current state of the beast :

X2-4800+
    2GB Corsair XM2 5400
    gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 mobo
    Sapphire X1950 XT

Why such a crappy motherboard and case? Especially the case - it's tiny.

You could use some wire management, but that would be hard with such a tiny case. You can get a good and nice looking case for just $50 on newegg.

sry the beast? haha the mobo and case are rediculous :P
    -----------------

I'm usually not one to wonder about other people's computers, but I have to agree on the statement that the case is really small. It must be a genuine micro tower. And I say this despite the fact I personally opted to get a mini tower, myself (though it supports standard components).

It looks like a mini tower. A micro wouldn't have those dual optical drive bays and pci expansion slots, would it? Either way, how rinky dink.

I got my Tuniq Tower today. It is freakin' massive. Ridiculously massive. I can only imagine how big the Thermalright Ultra-120 or Zalman 9700 are. I haven't installed it yet, have to wait until after work.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I checked the mobo manufacturer's specs and it seems to say the board is micro ATX form factor. And since it completely fills the case, it must be a micro tower. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen the insides of one before...

A real mini tower still supports a standard ATX mother board, though there won't be any room to spare (for example in my Antec case one internal HD slot was rendered useless by the power connector of the video card).

I'm expecting my parts ( they had issues with getting the videocard ) end this week, maybe first couple of days next week.

If I can find a digital camera I'll post some picks. I got a coolermaster Stacker , so plenty of room :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I checked the mobo manufacturer's specs and it seems to say the board is micro ATX form factor. And since it completely fills the case, it must be a micro tower. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen the insides of one before...

A real mini tower still supports a standard ATX mother board, though there won't be any room to spare.
    Yeah I think you out-geeked me. It's probably a micro tower, though more spacious than some I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ?igma
    I'm expecting my parts end this week, maybe first couple of days next week.
    You should have ordered from Newegg or mwave. I ordered my stuff the same day as you and got all my parts a week after, while you're still waiting for your stuff.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I'm not American

I'm not in America.

Ah no matter, as long as I get the parts. I never was in a rush to begin with. Besides, I usually select multiple shops, depending on prices.

jajajaja.

This was an emachine T6520, the only things left from its original form are the case and the dvd burner. Operation Pimp my PC could very well happen in the next 3-4 weeks when i get paid and get financial aid money.