Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Mahou Sensei Negima

Manga: Mahou Sensei Negima

Ok. First of all, I did a search and found only 2 threads talking about the manga in the manga section. But with the current rules of the forum they should be on the Request forum, besides... they are from 2004. So... I am doing this thread.

Mahou Sensei Negima is the current work of Ken Akamatsu, creator of Love Hina. As of April 4, 2006, the manga is at its 131 chapter, which marks the beginning of Volume 15 (or 14?), or which 9 have been published in America.

(Click on the pictures for full size)

The story centers around Negi Sprinfield, a 10 year old boy who just graduated from Magic School in England. As his final exam, to become a Minister Magi, he must become a school teacher in a All-girl school junior high. His class consists of 31 girls, who bring him all kinds of trouble.

While the story progresses, Negi is forced to make a pactio with several of his students. A pactio if achieved with a kiss to the lips and allows the companion access to a magic artifact.

*Onwards may contain spoilers*

His students are:

Aisaya Sayo - A Ghost girl that has been trapped in Mahora Gakuen since the 30's

Akashi Yuuna - Sports girl. Likes basketball. Rumor his father, a professor, is a Magister Magi.

Azakura Kazumi - Paparazzi girl.

Ayase Yue - Quiet girl who loves books. Member of the library exploration club (the library is a big dungeon with waterfalls, caves and even a dragon). Her artifact is unknown, but is known to have affiliaton to dark magic.

Izumi Ako - Shy sports girl. Has a long scar all over her back, whose origin is unknown.

Ookochi Akira - Active sports girl. Swimming club.

Kakizaki Misa - Cheerleader. Has developed a plan to "rise" Negi to have him as boyfriend when he is 18 and she 22.

Kagurazaka Asuna - Main female character. Has a bad temper and a mysterious past. Her artifact is a heavysword, or a harisen fan (when not having enough power).

Kasuga Misora - Religious girl. Has made a pactio with an unknown character, can fly and run at high speed with it.

Karakuri Chachamaru - Android developed by Satomi. She is Evangeline's partner.

Kugimiya Madoka - Cheerleader. Is protective of Ako.

Ku Fei - Chinese martial artist. Doesn't fear demons when fighting against them.

Konoe Konoka - Asuna's best friend. Member of library exploration club. Her artifact are priest clothes, which allow her great use of White Magic.

Saotome Haruna - Member of library exploration club. Manga writer. Recently discovered Negi's secret.

Sakurazaki Setsuna - A Shinmeryu expert (same school as Motoko from Love Hina). Defends Konoka with her life. Her pactio gives her more power.

Sasaki Makie - Active sports girl. Gymnastics expert. Can use her ribbon as weapon... perhaps martial gymnastics.

Shiina Sakurako - Hiperactive Cheerleader who loves Karaoke.

Tatsumiya Mana - Mysterious Sniper. Takes any job (demon hunting, protection, supervision) while she gets payed. Has made a pactio with an unknown character.

Lingshien Chao - Genius extraordinaire. Master cook. Villian in turn. Has personal mission of exposing mages.

Nagase Kaede - Ninja in training. Can create Shadow Clones.

Naba Chizuru - Biggest chest of the class. Enough said.

Narutaki Fuuka - Oldest twin. Has a knack for trouble.

Narutaki Fumika - Youngest twin. Hates trouble.

Hakase Satomi - 2nd Genius. Created Chachamaru. Works alongside Chao in her mission.

Hasegawa Chisame - Girl who hates her class. Has double personality, at home she becomes Chiu, Net Idol.

Evangeline AK McDowell - A shinso, or true vampire. Has a curse, placed by Negi's father, that has kept her in Mahora for over 15 years. Seems she was born during the medieval era, when she was turned.

Miyazaki Nodoka - Shy Library Exploration girl. Has a book that can read minds as artifact.

Murakami Natsumi - Normal girl who "adopted" a wolf-boy (she doesn't know) as "little brother". Rather Chizuru adopted him and said he was Natsumi's little brother.

Yukihiro Ayaka - Class president. She is a shotacon.

Yotsuba Satsuki - Class cook. Owns a restaurant along Chao.

Zazie Rainyday - Unknown data. Has long claws in colored pics.

EDIT:
    Edited sizes of pictures. Hope it is okay this way.
    EDIT2:
    Ruined one of the pics. Removed it.
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Tue, 04-04-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Thumbs up

Negima is the only manga that I'm reading right now.. currently I'm about 5 chapters behind, but I'll catch up soon enough..
    The story itself is really cool to read and very addictive. Akamatsu does something that seems to be impossible: have 30+ main characters and give them all a character and some chapters devoted to them

Also a good thing in Negima: Nagase Kaede

that and the fact that his chapters are rich in details
    every background is drawn with excellency, and many background characters appear again doing something else later on
    or in just the first chapters, before Eva's arc, when between over 200 students you could see 28 of the class students.

Can somewhere tell me how many volumes there are? Right now i have 9 volumes collected.

9 Volumes published in english.

13 Volumes published in Japan.

Volume 14 hasn't a due date yet, but enough material for it has already been published.

Heck, Volume 15 already has material for the first 40 pages as well.

can anyone provide a site for me to download?

I always get them from StopTazmo.com or Tokyotosho..

EvEnTiNe

Manga

I got the manga from this site...

http://www.aquastar-anime.net/index.php

mahou sensei negima 139 scan by aqs

here

All 151 scanlated chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! (out of 154) can be found here

New chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! and Negima!? Neo can be found here

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    11 Volumes published in english.

16 Volumes published in Japan.

Volume 17 is halfway published via Shounen Jump

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    All 151 scanlated chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! (out of 154) can be found here

New chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! and Negima!? Neo can be found here
    Thanks for the links RyougaZell been looking for a site where i could find most the scanlations

Ash"Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. This... is my BOOMstick"

You really didn't know about StopTazmo? StopTazmo and The Evil Empire are both great places to get any manga (including Negima). And if you can use IRC, try out #lurk at irc.irchighway.net

Is anyone still reading this? the festival arc is finally finished.

I am. They've now gone to the magic kingdom.

I'd much rather have had Ayaka follow them instead of Yuna, Akira, Ako and Makie. Yuna is the only one who actually appears to have magical lineage (from both mother and father by the looks of it). I don't care if she finds out, sooner or later she probably would have. I definitely would have preferred anyone over Makie, I find her annoying. I know she's really popular in Japan somehow.

Too bad Ayaka is straightlaced enough to actually listen to Asuna's warnings. Her joke Pactio card appeared with the Gold color (Asuna's is red). One of the bonus sections described Gold and Silver as some of the rarest ones.

here's 187 that just came out today. The story is really picking up, the last 2 chapters were pretty intense.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Wed, 09-05-2007 at 07:35 PM.

I see some are still reading Negima in this forum.
    I wish their animated versions weren't crap... I think they hurt Negima instead of helping...

Chapter 194 raw spoilers came out today and Hell yeah... can't wait for them to be scanlated.

I just read the 193 scanlation...and how exactly did Chachamaru change into her little body? As far as I know, the pills won't affect a robot and even if they could, Chachamaru is only like 4 years old. The pills are something like 5 years in either direction.

I wonder who was the robed "normal" person unaccounted for? I hope it's Ayaka, but she's taller than that if I remember right.

Uhh... Ryllharu... read the last page for the 'unaccounted' person.

I need 194 raw... I got a spoiler pic, but won't post it since it seems the few that read Negima here wait for the scanlated version.

On Chachamaru... well... it wouldn't surprise me if Hakase (and Chao before leaving) managed to create an almost real body for Chachamaru. After all, when Evangeline stretched her mouth she thought: "soft".

That... or she is just using an illusion created by either Negi, Chisame or herself (new option after upgrade)

Oh and... 4 years old? She looks like Chi-bi-same's age.

Edit:
    Seeing Chibi-Chachamaru's anthenas... I am assuming Chachamaru has her 'other' 2 bodies sealed away and she just summoned her younger version. When she was using her 'other body' Hakase showed she had developed and even younger body.

I grant you the first part. The pictures in the role book are still the original drawings, and they don't always look like their present incarnations. I thought it was Ako.

As for Chachamaru, she is four. Read the student profile for her at or around chapter 19. She was "activated" in 2001 (the volume published in 2004). About a year has passed since then, so she is four years old.

But where did she get the body from? There's no way to transfer anything between the two worlds, and she left the other body with Hakase when the overhaul was completed.

I believe her body was sealed away and she just summoned it. Not from the real world, but from an inner function of hers. Like she summoned her weapons against the dragon several chapters ago.

RAW 194 is out and wow... need a translation...