Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Mahou Sensei Negima

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Is that a personal or a generalized opinion?
    All of them are definitely worse than the Black Cat anime adaptation, just to give you something to compare with.

The only good one is the Ala Alba OVA that was the adaptation of about 5 manga chapters that cover the aftermath of the 2nd arc.

Blog Entries
    Just a little update:

- You guys were right, this is fucking awesome. Over.

Now someone else post so i won't have to double when i post my full opinion after i've caught up with the current chapter

I envy you, being able to read through the entire festival arc in one sitting must have been amazing.

Blog Entries
    Done

So is the Dark Negi vs Rakan fight animated yet? I just have to see it.

Btw is the anime really that bad? I'd love to see Negi vs. Chao Ling for example.

What about Negima??! the spinoff? Is it any good?

Anyway this rocks, lets discuss each chapter here from now on. Btw, what fansubs are you guys using?

So is the Dark Negi vs Rakan fight animated yet? I just have to see it.
    No

Btw is the anime really that bad? I'd love to see Negi vs. Chao Ling for example.
    The first anime cover the first part of the manga up until the kyoto arc, except the kyoto arc is completely butchered and the ending was changed. The Ala Alba OVA lets you see like 20 seconds of Negi vs Chaos and then proceed to all of the aftermath stuff.

What about Negima??! the spinoff? Is it any good?
    I'm not a fan of Negima?! it's a bit too weird and doesn't have any of the stuff that makes regular Negima good.

Anyway this rocks, lets discuss each chapter here from now on. Btw, what fansubs are you guys using?
    I use AQS for archiving purposes but Enigma is the only group that release on a consistent basis.

It'll be great to see more Negima discussion given the recent revelation involving the magic world.

The Negima!? spinoff is crap. Its light hearted, it introduces new rules for pactios that are stupid and completely butchered Nagi (his father) and Nekane. Its also devoid of fanservice.

The only worthwhile chapter of Negima!? is Chapter 0, as it could easily be fitted inside the real Negima.

Chao's fight was superb. Sadly it was not animated because the OVA team wanted to get to the Ala Alba arc.

If you must watch any Negima anime... just see the Ovas. Any ova is fine. The two anime series will make your eyes bleed.

I stopped downloading the manga long ago. I just read it online. My 'archiving purposes' come from the printed volumes of Del Rey. The first 3 volumes are crap (they tried to americanize the translation and failed horribly) but volumes 4 to 20 are gold. I still expect Del Rey re-publishes the first 3 volumes.

And if you decide to discuss every incoming chapter I'll gladly do so. I stopped trying to do it here since it seemed nobody was reading it here on gotwoot. And AQS forums are bullshit.

What I want to know though Archie... what girls are your favorites so far among the students?

Mine are:
    Chao
    Makie
    Ako
    Yuna
    Sakurako
    Setsuna
    Yue
    Chisame

Non-student:
    Anya
    Mei (who is rumored (unconfirmed) Naru's sister)

How are you liking the 'harem' side ? Convinced now that even if the damn guy is 11 he is blessed? Lol...

Blog Entries
    Bah, growth pills for the win Zell. Being 10 means nothing!!

My favorite girls... that's a tough one.

I'd say i have a crush on Eva and Chachamaru and then i like all the others equally

Growth pills? Who needs them when you have the current age spell. The pills have a time limit of several hours... whereas the current spell they are using has allowed them to be in those form for weeks.

Ah yes... Evangeline Anastasia Kitty McDowell... she is also on my book. Stupid me forgot to add her. And Ku Fei.

Its hard to keep track of 31 girls, lol.

Welcome to the Negima fandom. Knew you wouldn't regret it.

Blog Entries
    Ku Fei is also cute
    I forgot to add Anya and Yue to my favs

Btw, do you think Fate is stronger than Rakan?

I don't think he is. Rakan is obviously holding back. But I see Fate winning anyway based on strategy.

Blog Entries
    Lol yeah, you've got to add the idiocy factor to the equation

I wonder if when we see Asuna again she'll be broken and silent like the old princess was.

Dark transformations are awesome, but i hope that they add that counter factor soon ( the darkness grip on his heart or whatever ) so it doesn't turn to just some super sayan transformation with no drawbacks. The thing i love about these fights is the incredible variety of attacks.

Oh definitely. Asuna needs to become an enemy during this arc before they somehow miracously Negi saves her.

If Arika is Negi's mom... and Asuna was Arika's sister... that makes Asuna Negi's aunt. Incest? Lol.

So far every power in Negima has come with a cost.

Remember how Chao became upon using all those magic tattos... or Negi's dark form.

Blog Entries
    I thought about that too lol

But then i figured that maybe all the princesses don't have to be related by blood since they've been setting those 2 for a couple since chapter 1

Meh... the latest chapter felt like a repeat of Rakan's fight with the 2 girls... they even made the same joke again with all four of them...

Blog Entries
    It was still funny to see Fate acting out of character in that situation

Just between us Zell, me and a friend at binktopia are gonna try and release the next negima before enigma, so expect great quality at greater speed

Ah yes. Fate's scenes were the best in this chapter.

You entering the scanlation world now Archie? Good luck. I will check your work when you release it.

Blog Entries
    I've been doing it for a couple of weeks now

Check binktopia's credits, you'll find either Archie or Archangel on most of them

I rarely download the mangas. I just see them on onemanga... and well... they tend to keep whoever gets first. I try and get Binktopias next time though.

Blog Entries
    I despise onemanga...

Even between all the readers their quality excels in its shittyness

They compress the hell out of the already bad files

I know. But when I read the mangas at work, where rapidshare, megaupload, sendspace and torrents are banned... even its bad quality is a blessing.