Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Mahou Sensei Negima

I'm having trouble seeing why 194 (which AQS scanlated for my benefit) was really worth all that praise above...

It was a pretty standard chapter, nothing we really haven't seen before. My only hope is that maybe we'll get a little more back story on Ako's scar. We never got an explanation before when "Nagi" first saw it.

Does anyone happen to know where the anime ends in the manga?

I was under the impression that they butchered it so badly, that you might as well start from chapter 1. Well, maybe you can skip the first volume.

I couldn't stomach the anime beyond a few episodes, but if you tell me where the plot ends (I can't figure it out from the episode titles, I can tell you where to start).
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 01-13-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Missing Nin
    Well first off there are multiple anime's. Of course neither one remotely follows the plot outside of the first few episodes.

If your planning to read the Manga for this start at chapter 1. If you watched only the first series you might find the first few chapters seem similar but there is honestly enough of a difference that I'd go ahead and reread them anyway.

Side note Negima has a LOT of very tiny text you might be better off downloading the chapters then attempting to read them online because you really can't zoom in enough to read everything at least on onemanga.

I'd recommend that you download the manga from mangatraders and use CDisplay to read it.

Anyways as mentioned by the others, both the anime pretty much butchered the storyline.

the very first negima anime kinda follows the plotline of the first volume but they skipped a lot of important plot points and changed one major arc in the manga.

but yeah if you can, try to read from chapter 1. This is one my personal favorite and it's a shame that we won't ever see any decent anime adaptation for it.

Yea I watched the first 5 episodes then read the first 10 or so chapters and I can really see how badly they f'd it up.

Akamatsu seems to have a curse. None of his series are animated loyally. Love Hina was good... but the manga version is hundred times superior.

Negima suffered the same fate, but worse. The only good animation of Negima is the recent Ala Alba ova, but they are WAY ahead.

Library Island was specially stupefied on the first anime. I don't want to talk about the crappy 2nd series...

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Akamatsu seems to have a curse. None of his series are animated loyally. Love Hina was good... but the manga version is hundred times superior.

Negima suffered the same fate, but worse. The only good animation of Negima is the recent Ala Alba ova, but they are WAY ahead.

Library Island was specially stupefied on the first anime. I don't want to talk about the crappy 2nd series...
    Yeah it really is a shame.

Both manga are popular too and Negima has quite a following, nothing like Naruto mind you but still a decent size group.

Akatmetsu himself said that is the Ala Alba OVA sold well he would consider making a 3rd anime series for negima. I really don't know if i like that since another anime atrocity is the last thing i want to see.

The only new series I would accept of Negima needs to involve the graphic quality of Ala Alba and a 100% loyal story to the manga... no future arcs... it must begin from the very start.

Anyway... Im actually enjoying the current manga chapters... I just hope the new tournament skips all the way to Rakan vs Negi

Not much discussion going on so i wonder how many people on gotwoot actually follow this manga.

Man this series has been awesome recently, it's equal to One Piece on my list of most anticipated weekly manga release.

With Akamatsu going on break every other week to supposedly, "collect data" and most chapters ending with a cliffhanger of sorts, I've been dropping the series temporarily and picking it back up every quarter or so.

I still like it, and buy the English translated books, but the occasional total lack of development (fluff chapters) lately has been keeping me from reading it on an up-to-date basis.

Akamatsu ALWAYS takes a break every 5 chapters. In January we see more breaks because of the usual breaks the magazines take.

I've liked the current arc, at the Magic World, but we seriously need to see more of the other students. Im tired of always seeing the same ones (Asuna, Nodoka, Setsuna... etc...).

Whatever.

Blog Entries
    I've started reading this, but does the kid get any older as the story unfolds? Somehow following the adventures of a 9 year old doesn't seem so interesting...

The story takes place as he teaches in middle school. So far only one year and a half has passed.
    And do believe one thing. This manga is fantastic. Keep reading and you shall not be dissapointed.

Blog Entries
    You're praising it alot without any facts to back you up >_>

What are the main character's redeeming features? How do they get the harem aspect going if he's only 10 years old? Does he evolve his magical skills in time? Are there plot twists and main villains he must defeat?

Try to answer these without spoiling anything if possible if you can. Thank you.

Lets put it this way.

This, One Piece and Hunter X Hunters are the only manga where i bother to read chapters on a weekly basis.

He's a 10 year old kid, and that does show throughout the series but Negi is a very likable character. He's definitely more mature than a lot of "older" protagonist in other stories. The harem aspect is there but it's mostly innocent crushes more than anything. I really can't say more without spoiling but too much but negi does learn more magic over the course of the series.

I would keep at it, the series doesn't really shine until half way through the second story arc (festival).

Blog Entries
    Hunter X Hunter on a weekly bases? :P

Anyway, i guess i'll give it a shot

Lets put it this way...

Negi, as many characters, starts being an 'innocent genius' (ok... not so many). But the passing of the series makes him mature more than he should be at his age. His magic does increase... how much? you must read to find out.

Most of the girls are 14. So the harem side of the story isn't as deep as it was on Love Hina. But whenever it is introduced, it is well balanced. It ain't borderly ridiculous as it was sometimes in Love Hina however.

Are there plots twists? Hundreds of them.

Villains? Yep. Some likeable, some surprising.

This manga is by far the best manga Akamatsu Ken has ever done. Several of the initial chapters are light and somewhat... common. But the story starts to become more interesting when they enter the Library arc... followed by the Eva and Kyoto arcs. Festival arc is somewhat overwhelming and fantastic as well.

Can't say more without entering spoiler area...

Read it.

PS: NEVER touch the anime series. They are crap. The only 'good' adaptations are the recent ova. But they portray arcs beyond volume 25

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Hunter X Hunter on a weekly bases? :P

Anyway, i guess i'll give it a shot
    hey, it came out on a weekly basis for 2 months last year .

Blog Entries
    /pats Dark Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    PS: NEVER touch the anime series. They are crap. The only 'good' adaptations are the recent ova. But they portray arcs beyond volume 25
    Is that a personal or a generalized opinion?