Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiba

Kiba

This is a shounen series that I want to watch. First episode released by some group called orz:

http://orz.edwardk.info/%5Borz%5D_KI...5D.mkv.torrent

"Zedd is a 15-year-old boy who lives in Calm. He is frustrated by his current daily life and seeking for the place to try his possibilities.

One day, a mysterious wind invites him to a time-space crevasse. He dives into the crevasse seeking for the answer that might be there.

Where he lands is another world. There, "Shadow Casters" have been fighting against each other endlessly using "Shadow", which is a crystal of magical power. With the power of the crystal, the Shadow Caster uses magic and monsters called "Split".

Fascinated by the power, Zedd wants to be a Shadow Caster. However, he doesn`t know that a big Spirit, "Amil Gaul", lies in his body, and that its power is so large as to influence the future of this world…"

http://www.kiba-z.com/
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6312
    http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4264
    http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3...xgbe,kiba.html

hmm looks interesting, looking at their site reminds me hunter x hunter

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    my... some of the shots from the website look mighty impressive...
    plot looks to be the same old shit though.

*sigh* looks like I'm going to be busy, watching anime, this spring...

edit: see post towards bottom of page...
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Mon, 04-10-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

T.T i am so running outta space to store animes.....even if i burn them on cd......well 1 episode of each anime and there r like 12 animes i am watching right now, i feel sorri for my comp

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    The art/animation looks pretty nice, the story sounds fun, and...what's this? Shinichiro Miki is in it? I'm sold.

Judging from the screenshots alone, Hunter x Hunter does pop to mind. As does Rahxephon.

Quote Originally Posted by chobits1217
    T.T i am so running outta space to store animes.....even if i burn them on cd......well 1 episode of each anime and there r like 12 animes i am watching right now, i feel sorri for my comp
    Go buy a DVD burner and an external hard drive, best investment you could make.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 04-03-2006 at 03:01 AM.

I am so going to continue to watch this series. Btw in sub it was shard caster and not shadow caster anyone can check on this?

First episode was good. I'll definitely continue watching.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    Go buy a DVD burner and an external hard drive, best investment you could make.
    I think you quoted the wrong person there, Bud...

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, except for the OP, which seems pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    plot looks to be the same old shit though.
    That thought crossed my mind, as well. However, that same old shit has produced some really good series, so it that sense it's same good old shit... I'll check this one out probably when a few episodes are out already. It'll be a nice start that way.

Did anybody notice that in the flash animation we had Gondor (without a natural mountain, though), Lothlorien and Isengard... Heh. Looks good indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Death13a
    I am so going to continue to watch this series. Btw in sub it was shard caster and not shadow caster anyone can check on this?
    We'll just have to wait till other groups release and comparisons are done.

Kiba episode 1 from Kyuu

any info on this group?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by chobits1217
    Burn them on dvd instead.
    And migrate all your cd's to dvd as well.

Kraco:
    Damn. They do look like those cities...

I like version of shard caster then shadow caster. plus kyuu croped out edges. So in will go with orz.

intresting, this should be a keeper for me

This show is just a ham-fisted mix of generic bullshit. It reeks of unoriginality.

Thumbs down First Impression

I totally agree with badass This show is a stinker

Annoying characters, crappy dialog, cliches out the ass, random plot convienences, teenage angst, this show has all the crap.

Is the theme of this really "Go around doing whatever you want, even if you have no direction in life, if you're not satisfied with the world you're in" ?

The fact that such a selfish main character looks like he's going to be rewarded for his hooligan behavior and irrational thinking by getting super powers irks me to no end. His friend Noa was ok at first, but then his whole 'Cough cough, I feel weak, cough, please butt fuck me Zed before I die' act got old. Mother had amnesia one second, then fine the next. Teacher probably had several opportunities to kill Zed, but waited until that moment to try. And the portal to his dream world was just in some run-down ruin? What the fuck was he breaking all those doors for?

Retarded shit.
    I'll watch one more episode, then I'm dropping this show like a fat bitch off a cruise ship.

Upside - Magic battle animation was pretty cool. Background and scenery in the 'other world' was also pretty nice.

Episode 2 by Kyuu, apparently they joined up with orz from this episode on:

http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/[Kyuu]_Kiba_-_02[D2FBF2CE].avi.torrent

DLing episode 2... it'd better be good or this show's going in 'Discarded trash' pile

Quote Originally Posted by badass
    This show is just a ham-fisted mix of generic bullshit. It reeks of unoriginality.
    Still holds for ep 2. More indepth analysis later.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 04-11-2006 at 09:21 AM.

Well after second episode:Zed's fainting got old very soon. Well this show is a boat with a hole which can be patched up with wood or anvil.