Thread: Jman's fanart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Thumbs up Jman's fanart

Ok it's been a while and being that the main fanart thread died a long long time ago I've decided to start my own thread. I haven't posted any fanart in a long time here so some of these works are old, however I'm going to try to post here at least once a week.
    Like some, I too am swamped with work, school, etc so please don't flame if it isn't updated very frequently.
    Some of these artworks may seem familiar, so to those who might think that I 'borrowed' them, I used to go by the names "animemaster" on these forums and "animemasta" on DA(deviantart). Btw I took my stuff down from da when I changed the name so don't expect to see any updates there. On a last note, I ask that users don't quote the pics in the post as I'd like to conserve my imagehost bandwidth.

Ok I'll start out with an old inuyasha piece
    Inu
    and
    alphonse of fma
    alphonse colored err..might've stretched the forum borders so click link
    the sketch (low details)
    rep if u like.
    I'll find my files and upload to host tomorrow.
    Last edited by Jman; Thu, 08-03-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Awesome art man. I wish I could draw that well.

How did you color them, in photoshop?

thanks. and to answer your question, yes i color them in photoshop.
    i'm still learning certain things like shading and working with the mouse is a pain, but all in all fun once you begin to get a hang of the different tools.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Well, I can't say I know too much about colouring in photoshop, but I have to say I thought you did I really nice job with that picture of Alphonse. You've captured the metallic feel. It looks really nice. Very ambitious to try to post once a week! I know how insane school can be. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your art in future though.

Wow. You are good. I am sure it takes a long time to make them, you sure do have patience to make them.

neji, 3rd hokage, kakashi

quick neji practice piece
    the sketch
    neji
    hokage
    anbu kakashi
    Last edited by Jman; Thu, 08-03-2006 at 09:42 AM.

-----------------

^thanks. that's the one

*update*
    finally got around to coloring this last night. never really did any pics of kisame so here's my attempt..yea i kinda made a mess of his hair on the lower right side.
    excuse the slight sharpness of the facial lines, i was playing with the "simulate pressure" feature.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    good work on the face, notably the bottom right. you ever plan a full shot of him, maybe doing a jutsu or maybe with the sword? The hair needs work, and I think the closest one is the bottom left, then the top left one. The forehead protector wrap is also a bit too big on the bottom right one, but otherwise it's damn good. You do it from memory? Or while looking at something?

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".