View Poll Results: Should the Signature size limit be increased to preserve quality?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please increase teh sig size limit

19 50.00%
  • Nope, sig size limits fine as is.

19 50.00%

Thread: Sig Size Limit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sig Size Limit

Hey all hoping some Gotwoot admins are reading. I'm prety sure the Signature size limit was above 100 kb before the change over.

I'm posting this thread to request that the sig limit be changed to 200 kb, because, all my signatures saved in PNG form are about 117 kb, and has to be saved as JPG to work on Gotwoots forums, and this severly reduces the quality of the sigs I've made.

Anyway, I'm making a poll to see if anyone else feels this way, if so, please vote for the change, and could the admins please change the sig limit. =)

EDIT: BoC poses a great idea, please vote also for the increase of the dimensions to 400x120 =)
    Last edited by Lucifus; Thu, 03-16-2006 at 10:27 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Well, bigger is better and it can't hurt so I agree.

I voted yes, not just for the filesize but also for dimensions possibly. I'd like to see a 400x120 or so dimension limit because that proportion opens up many more options.

I also totally agree w. BoC. With the new board set-up the sigs can be bigger and not cause as much clutter as they would have in the old boards.

In total agreement with Board of command, I could do so much better with my renders.

I voted yes as well, even just small amount like 20 pixels allows for much more expansion with using renders. I find that alot of the times that larger renders are smashed or not enough of the render can be displayed... If we don't get it, I'll live, but it would be nice.

All votes in favor of change so far.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    I haven't decided what to vote for yet, and here's why I'm hung up:

the problem with taller sigs is that it really spaces out posts, making pages longer, adding 20% more bandwith usage per post. If you even look at this topic you'll see what I'm talking about. I can barely fit two entire posts (complete with time/date and 'On/Off' and 'Quote' functions) on my screen at one time. We're talking about 1-4 line posts.

The problem with bigger sigs is that the also tend to 'dominate' the forum because they're simply bigger and more attractive than alot of posts. The main thing in a person's post should be their words, not their sig.

On the other hand, I do like the idea of having more room to work with for sigs and all that....

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

1) Any time a thread like this shows up, it is abruptly shut down.

2) If everyone had 200 kb sigs, then a single page could cost over 2 mb of bandwidth.

3) Nobody should be putting PNG files on the web anyway, because 50% of the viewing audience won't even be able to see them. If you guys actually go and save your jpegs at high enough quality, you'll never notice a flaw in image quality. Transparencies should no longer be an issue either, because everybody's background colors are the same. Just make the bg of your canvas the same as the bg of the forum.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    don't complain about the things you don't have, but rather be happy with the things that you have that the others don't have. seriously, i understand that people aren't happy knowing they can do more with their talent with sigs or whatever, but that shouldn't be a huge deal. as some already said, they've increased the sig size not so long ago, now don't make them want to take that away from us too, now. i've seen those forums that don't allow sigs or avatars, it's a pain to see that and i wouldn't want the same to happen to here as well.

note: accidently voted for yes.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

assertn, im sure you save your renders in max as png also, instead of jpg, the blurring is just insane when using jpg, no matter what the quality

http://www.schelterstudios.com/storage/alien/

Feel free to point out any insane blurring
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

ok maybe "insane" is to big a word, but i bet those pics have been blurred a bit too ( nice alien btw )
    but tell me honestly ( and plz look at the pics carefully), the blurring is pretty obvious in this render right?:
    http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/dar...llagepose3.png
    http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/dar...llagepose3.jpg
    ( max 8 )