Thread: hotornot topic

hotornot topic

what do ppl think about cateogorizing topics into so-called hot topics (the little red H beside threads)? I think it is really unnecessary because all it does is create extra junk on the screen. Besides, I wouldn't enter or not enter a topic just because it is hot / not hot

i also appreciated the obvious new post in thread be4 (the blue folder) but now the little tick is just much harder to see

i'm not so sure about this one, all threads that arent immediatly locked must have some purpose to a few posters, by deeming them "not" might put them at the bottom of the page for no reason.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I dunno. Topics with pics of hot chicks are good to be labeled hot. Just in case some random blockhead needs a hint of when to drool.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Thumbs up

I think the icons are a good idea. But they should be changed to something a bit more exciting. I'm already working on it so expect some good things in the future

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    well isnt it a feature built into the vbulletin forums. So I say more power to the people

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    this is proving much harder than I had ever thought...
    but I'm going to keep trying and hopefully we'll get some cooler looking icons here.
    What I'd like for people to do is find info on what kind of Icon appears for different occasions. Here are all the ones I've found so far:
    = Updated, Cold, Not Posted in by user
    = Read, Cold, Not Posted in by user
    = Updated, Hot, Not Posted in by user
    = Read, Hot, Not Posted in by user
    = Updated, Cold, User has posted here
    = Read, Cold, User has posted here
    = Updated, Hot, User has posted here
    = Read, Hot, User has posted here
    = Locked, Unread
    I also know there's a blue Locked icon but I don't know what that quite means...
    Please help me out by PMing me a link to any new icons you find. Thanks.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I'd have to say I agree with 010577 here. Any forum I've been to, I've always thought that having 'hot' topics is silly. If you can't tell how busy a topic is, well, probably you don't visit the forums enough to care. I hate having ten b'zillion little icons representing all different things, so that everyone is forced to check a legend at the bottom of the screen to decipher what icon means what. As far as I'm concerned, the best system consists of read, unread, and locked.

Too many icons to remember IMO, besides, the only icons I ever pay attention to are the ones in Gotwoot Index stating a new post.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.