• Its Animation

0 0%
  • One Piece just simply PwnZ

29 49.15%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you watch One Piece?

Why do you watch One Piece?

Why do you watch One Piece?

I was told countless times by many members here to watch One Piece, however Cartoon Networks version of One Piece left a scar in my mind of an annoying horribly animated Satuday morning cartoon.

The whos the hottest One Piece girl thread beckoned me to give it a try, I've downloaded the first 30 episodes and am "loving" it.

Its not like Naruto/Bleach, heck, it isn't like any other anime I've ever seen.

Anyway, this thread is made to encourage people to give One Piece a shot.

Throw in any other reasons ya got as well in a post.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Tue, 03-14-2006 at 01:42 PM.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    Edit: you already did

I picked the characters b/c they're just badass as hell. Out of all the animes I've watched I've never seen characters like this, right off the bat the show makes you care about them.

This is more or less a show that you can watch that can have your favorite character get beat up and still have fun. It's not like Naruto b/c this show actually makes it interesting every step of the way(while Naruto can make you feel depressed).

And right now Pirates are cooler then Ninjas.
    Last edited by Knives122; Tue, 03-14-2006 at 02:03 PM.

R.I.P Captain America.

So far, I've only seen Zoro,Namis, & Usumps Introduction, and ya, they Own.....Can't wat to see Sangis.
    Last edited by Lucifus; Tue, 03-14-2006 at 02:00 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar
    The show broke the typical boring cliche characters(example: the childlike persona, bottomless stomach main character with a good heart. The badass, emotionless second strongest character) that we already saw in other animes and made it into something new.

It's so unique!! What image did we have of pirates before One Piece hmm? I bet it was the cold blooded, Shiver me timbers, walk the plank, Arghh I be takin your booty(though the dub has used those references Ugg), eyepatch wearing, and every other stereotype that we have of pirates. With characters, they took something old and overly used and made it into something fresh and new. Apart from the great cast, it has incredible plots and battles that leave you at the edge of your seat. Not to mention how hilarious it is!!

I also really enjoy the theme of Nakama in One Piece. These people who are not even related have such a strong bond that they will go to the ends of the Earth for each other.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Quote Originally Posted by Deblas
    The show broke the typical boring cliche characters(example: the childlike persona, bottomless stomach main character with a good heart. The badass, emotionless second strongest character) that we already saw in other animes and made it into something new.

It's so unique!. What image did we have of pirates before One Piece hmm? I bet it was the cold blooded, Shiver me timbers, walk the plank, Arghh I be takin your booty(though the dub has used those references Ugg), eyepatch wearing, and every other stereotype that we have of pirates. With characters they took something old and overly used and made it into something fresh and new. Apart from the great cast, it has incredible plots and battles that leave you at the edge of your seat. Not to mention how hilarious it is!!

I also really enjoy the theme of Nakama in One Piece. These people who are not even related have such a strong bond that they will go to the ends of the Earth for each other.
    Listen to this guy, he preachs the truth. Luffy and Shanks introduction moved me. And Zoro and Luffy just laughing their way forward is just awesome. And I've gotten used to the Animation, I am loving this show.

I voted because of its uniqueness, but characters, animation, story, chicks and humor all contribute to its uniqueness! That's funny Lucifus, I too saw a scary version of OP originally (I think it was on the Fox network). When I read about it on both these and other anime related forums I tried to avoid it. Finally, I gave in and downloaded the first 50 episodes (I had read that I need to watch up to the Arlong Park arc to fully enjoy it).

Needless to say I watched them and I now am fully hooked on OP and have to wait week to week for the most current release. The Water 7 arc is one of the best story lines that this series has introduced and Oda is truly a storytelling genius! I would and do recommend it to any anime watcher.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gotta say I got into it because of the characters as well. I'm almost all caught up with the K-F fansubs, and these episodes have been holding me over in the filler era of Bleach and Naruto. I just started the Skypiea arc. I actually first saw this show dubbed as well, and while I didn't hate it, the dub certainly left much to be desired. The only good thing was that opening theme they used for the dub. The subbed episodes crack me up, even when they leave me with a "What the fuck just happened?!" feeling. Great show, I hope I never see a filler of it.(although I probably have, but I didn't recognize it)

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Fan
    I gotta say I got into it because of the characters as well. I'm almost all caught up with the K-F fansubs, and these episodes have been holding me over in the filler era of Bleach and Naruto. I just started the Skypiea arc. I actually first saw this show dubbed as well, and while I didn't hate it, the dub certainly left much to be desired. The only good thing was that opening theme they used for the dub. The subbed episodes crack me up, even when they leave me with a "What the fuck just happened?!" feeling. Great show, I hope I never see a filler of it.(although I probably have, but I didn't recognize it)
    hehe, if you have watched every episode and just started Skypeia then you went through a few fillers my friend. ex: The whole Apis dragon arc was compeletely filler.

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Deblas
    hehe, if you have watched every episode and just started Skypeia then you went through a few fillers my friend. ex: The whole Apis dragon arc was compeletely filler.
    I kinda figured that one was, she had the most useless devil's fruit ability that I've seen so far. I didn't notice as big a difference in animation or storyline quality like we do with Naruto and Bleach, so I don't mind.
    There, we got a second thing going for OP; fillers don't suck as bad as they do in other series.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

I'm also loving the voice actors for each and every character I've come across so far. The overall thing that got my into One Piece was its Uniqueness. The show just rules...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    I'm also loving the voice actors for each and every character I've come across so far.
    Minor spoilers:

The VA for Franky/Mr.2 is awesome! The old VA for Chopper was/is great too.
    Currently watching: One Piece, Black Lagoon, Bleach, Death Note, Suzumiya Haruhi,
    The 12 Kingdoms, and Soukou no Strain (kinda)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#blood-scanlations~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is there no "all of the above" option? Thats what I would choose. But its not there, so I chose it just pwns which is the closest option to "all of the above". What can I say, I learn alot from it, it kicks ass, is one of the funniest shows I've seen, and is extremely unique.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar

Because its fun

I chose the characters, and they're absolutely central to OP's appeal. Of course, great writing is necessary for great characters. But the show is also colorful and exciting. The characters are looking for adventure, and the animators do a really good job making them fun.

I also chose it pwnz because it's closest to all of the above. There's excitment, mystery, good characters, and funny as hell.

Watch this show, now.

I don't think anyone will pick because of the animation. I've heard from a few people that they don't wacht it just cause the art is weird. Poor souls...

^^ I know what your talking about, one of my friends wont watch it because of animation. To me only I only had a problem with the animation in the begginning. And its not much. After that I think even the animation is good.

well i deicded to FINALLy start watching one piece after 1. seeing the girls (oh comon, i was in that thread for like 5 months before watching one piece) and 2. i saw 1 episode accidently of the english dub and it seemed okay...for a dub.

i dont regret it now that i've seen zoro, and hawkeye. and i love how nami takes advantage of the fact that everyone wants to bang her.

"i'm going to change my clothes now...turn around"
    -owned johnny!
    "the food is great but i'm a little short on money (flaunt)"
    -owned sanji.
    *runs away with boat and treasures*
    -owns everybody.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

I am still considering whether or not to watch onepeice. From this forum, i have heard nothing but great stuff about it. I have seen the crappy english version and although i can tell its been butchered, i still dont know whether i should start watching this show or not. That being said, sometimes i find it very intriguing. I want to start but not from the very first episode just because i have already seen some of the english episodes and i dont want to see them again. can someone give me a good indication of where i SHOULD start? Is it alrite do skip like 5 or 6 episodes in the beginning or are they a MUST watch?

everyone should watch OP it's hilarious Luffy for funniest anime character ever

Quote Originally Posted by splash
    I am still considering whether or not to watch onepeice. From this forum, i have heard nothing but great stuff about it. I have seen the crappy english version and although i can tell its been butchered, i still dont know whether i should start watching this show or not. That being said, sometimes i find it very intriguing. I want to start but not from the very first episode just because i have already seen some of the english episodes and i dont want to see them again. can someone give me a good indication of where i SHOULD start? Is it alrite do skip like 5 or 6 episodes in the beginning or are they a MUST watch?
    Man, Watch em, Everyone here says watch, download the first ten episodes and watch em in order, you'll be hooked. ya can start at a later episode I guess, But much sure you don't mess the Ep with Shanks and Zoros introduction. Episodes 2,3, and 4 you should watch.