Thread: Bring back the Gaming Section

Bring back the Gaming Section

I dont see the reason for the destruction of the Gaming Section. It was active, and well organized (i thought so) and also kept the General Discussion section from not cluttering up. Now that section is one big mess (maybe it's supposed to be) but I'd much rather have the Gaming Section restored.

Both the Gaming, and General sections had tons of activity everyday, by mashing them into one, threads with updates on that same day might be forced to the second page, and lord knows we hate going to the next page (well...i do...). And also, that may have been an exaggeration but, i just wanted to give my 2¢ which everybody who reads this will be charged for, make checks out to "your lord and master". That is all.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Not happening.

Which part...? The return of the Gaming Section or...the bill....the bill is inevitable...

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    umm, if they make checks out to "your lord and master" ... I don't think you're the one that's going to be getting them

well well, SOMEONE has a big ego.

dude there was Video Games stuff here before? I'd say bring it bak!

Take two of these muchachos and call us in the morning. Yeah, call us, we'll be drunk.

I already participated in a 2 hour exercise in futility about it.....but for the sake of curious observation, I'd like to see how many posts there will be in favor of the retired sections.

The Gaming Section had a lot of posts everyday. I'm all for it making a return

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

I also want the gaming section back.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    i could really care less if the gaming section came back, it was starting to die out anyway, but doesn't mean i'm against the idea either, but from what i've been seeing lately, there aren't too many hard core gamers that like to talk about gaming to the extreme or even a little for that matter. the gaming section to me was more dead than the tv and movies section back then and now. although, every now and then i enjoy a good read from that section and post a few, but that's about it, all in the name of rockman, i guess..
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

You guys can talk about games here just like you've been doing for the last couple of days.

sigh, i do think the gaming section was useful but...he IS ciber...

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I also think the Gaming Section should be brought back. Things seemed more organized that way.

What is the reason the two sections were merged?

Because the admins thought the forums were more cluttered with so many sections.

I have to admit, i dont agree with that reasoning, but all you guys aren't putting forth a very compelling argument. You all want the gamming section back, yet the 3 most recently active gaming threads (WoW, kingdom hearts and next gen consoles) haven't had a post in the past 5 hours (and thats for the most recently visited one). With stats like that i can't really blame ciber for wanting to merge those forums and make GD more active.

Perhaps if you all spent more time posting in the gaming topics instead of here, you request mite eventually be granted.

just a question, are you speaking that as a sort of hint that if the gaming threads become really active that they'll acctually bring it back or just a suggestion of your own?

neither a hint, nor a suggestion. More of a possibility. I (unfortunately) have no power of this kind of stuff being just another user (albeit a super awesome one), so i can't exaclty drop subtle hints like that. But judging from the arguments i've heard on irc, it stands to reason that if there is enough videogame discussion (and im assuming 'enough' in this case would be ALOT more then the current amount) and GD gets cluttered, it mite warrant a forum of its own.

But thats just a possible outcome, nothing definate.