Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Overview

Aye, I wasn't actually meaning I wanted to give rep to the same person repeatedly, consciously, as I was aware of the restriction. It's just that I had no recollection whether I had done it before or not. Maybe the bingo book would be necessary for me Although I will never take this thing seriously enough to warrant that. I think I'll just opt to receive that note from time to time, instead...

Edit: And it's not my fault if the same posters repeatedly deserved positive feedback from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    And it's not my fault if the same posters repeatedly deserved positive feedback from me...
    I see your point.

Lets hope Compy hasnt turnned it up quite a bit.

well i thought it was 15 before...but if he turned it up it might be 20 now or something...

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    lol at Ys rep. piece of shit.

as for repping. feel free to give it to whoever however often you want. just as long as you convey your rationale for doing so (and not just doing no coomment reps) nobody will ahve a problem with it.

edit to below: quite obviously i meant do as you wish within the confines of the system.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Fri, 03-24-2006 at 06:10 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    as for repping. feel free to give it to whoever however often you want. just as long as you convey your rationale for doing so (and not just doing no coomment reps) nobody will ahve a problem with it.
    Eh? How can I feel free to do it, when the forum engine doesn't allow it?

If I ever gave no comment rep, it would be by unfortunate mistake. Dealing out rep without comments is much worse than not dealing it out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    lol at Ys rep. piece of shit.

And the trend is growing.

You know, blacking out the avatar and name doesn't help when we know that only one mod here is from Australia.

There are two mods from aussie land.

Didn't realize Raven was from Australia... I bet he's lying, I always thought he was from Switzerland or some shit.

regardless, with the join dates and post counts visible, it's not that hard. not to mention, we can just see which of them has that rep anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    Didn't realize Raven was from Australia... I bet he's lying, I always thought he was from Switzerland or some shit.
    I've never been so insulted in all my life!
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

its all because you destroyed our image of you as iceman

Was it absolutely necessary to give me a neg rep for this post?

Dont fuck with the mods.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Whining about getting neg repped is pretty silly and I'm going to ask politely for it to stop before we get a torrent of crying posts about it. I will gladly neg rep people who decide to whine in the future, as I can't imagine that's a good post.

in sum: no jad, your initial post (IMO) didn't deserve a Neg Rep. But the one right above this one does.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Mon, 03-27-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

@ masamuneehs :

You would wine too if I give you a negative rep about three times. (happened to me, from the same guy...... yes I know)

Whats odd is that all of my neg reps that I have recieved are done by all the mods. I find that funny and bizzare.

"your initial post (IMO) didn't deserve a Neg Rep. But the one right above mine does."

Join a long que.

EDIT @ below : I am not talking about you BUD. Calm down.

I'm sorry, but I was the one who gave you that neg rep and I don't remember giving you three negative reps in a row, in fact I have given you some positive ones.. So, drop the shit already.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    *sigh*

The sort of drama I wanted to avoid. But some people insist on it...

Jadugar: You've been repped 45 times since I turned the reputation system on. 12 of them were negative -- less than a third. There's only one person who's neg repped you three times, and he's also given you two positives, and that's Bud. You've whined entirely too much about this, so consider this your warning. And everyone else's too.

If I hear any more public whining about reputation, I'm going to disable reputation for you. No more positives, no more negatives, nothing but the gentle oblivion of exclusion. No questions asked.

I've already got the usergroup set up for it.

I've said before that this isn't the place to complain about these things. Even more, it's not the place to speculate about the conspiracies against you. If you really think someone is abusing the reputation system to your detriment, I am the only place you should go. Not here, not shitposting in some other thread, not bitching at the mods. I'm generally a reasonable person, and I'll look into pretty much anything.

Got it?

Something is seriously amiss here. The pop-up text doesn't seem to change that much at all. 3-4 squares produce the same text, 5-6 produce the same text. At least. I didn't go further to check 7->, and how they change or don't change.

Complacence with this kind of lack of imagination is very bad (The complich8 should know this). It wouldn't have been hard to come up with unique text for each square. For example 3. the room, 4. the whole floor, 5. the whole house, 6. the whole block.

Those were just quick examples I invented in 30 secs.

Edit: This post is a joke. It's not a very good joke, I admit, but joke nevertheless. I made it quickly to break the ongoing trend of neg rep whining. This is a stupid edit, but I don't want more neg rep because of this post. But if somebody still wants desperately neg rep anybody at all, be my guest...
    Last edited by Kraco; Fri, 03-31-2006 at 06:37 PM.

I was wondering if after a certain amount of time it would be possible to see who give us the reputaion, like every 6 months?

If that was allowed, we'd just have alot of drama every 6 months. You've see the drama when people are just speculating about this. If they actually find out who's neg repping them, it'll be an all out war.

Edit: btw gr3atfull, is your ava from hunter x hunter?
    Last edited by Assassin; Tue, 03-28-2006 at 12:48 PM.