Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Reputation System Overview

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugar
    22 posts in your happy birthday thread. It will take time to rep all of them.
    You will have to wait for 24 hours.
    I did manage to rep everybody.
    Then when I tried to rep two people today, I got that on my second try.

Everyday we learn something new (cheesy, hehehe)

Um, once someone has reached 2500 reps, how do you change your custom title?

"Awesome user with default custom title"

Har har...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    "Awesome user with default custom title"

Har har...
    I'd probaby rather my regular title than that one.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Then you had better start hoping that people give you negative reps instead of positive ones so that you can stay away from 2500 rep points. This is Hilarious!!! I praise the sarcasm of the Gotwoot Overlords. ROFLMAO!!!

Edit: I just reread the first page, you need 5000 to get a custom title, not 2500

Edit2: Nevermind. seems like the post on the first page was never updated
    Last edited by Splash!; Sun, 05-07-2006 at 04:37 PM.

Ho... 5000? What's this? When somebody reaches the current limit, they give him a custom title and multiply the limit by two? So, now it's 5000. If somebody actually manages to get that high, the third person will need 10000. Well, well, somebody hoped there wouldn't be too many custom titles around, and this certainly makes sure that remains true.

Well, this post says otherwise. Also, if it was 5000 then what's up with my title?

I just got a grey rep with no comment. What does that mean?

It means the person who repped you did not have enough of a rep hit value to make any difference, probably someone who just signed up at the forums or someone with an overall negative rep

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    just to confirm, the promotion happens at 2500. Which is why xDM's title got overridden with that.

Now it's up to him to go into his user control panel and hit "edit profile" and come up with a clever and interesting custom title.

Quote Originally Posted by splash
    It means the person who repped you did not have enough of a rep hit value to make any difference, probably someone who just signed up at the forums or someone with an overall negative rep
    Good to know. I thought it was part of some grand marketing scheme to get people to write in the "Offical Countdown to the end of fillers!" thread.

I can't find it, am I looking at the right place? This is all I see under "edit profile."

Edit: NVM, Comp fixed it. Thanks!
    Last edited by xDarkMaster; Sun, 05-07-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    In other news, I have, on a whim, increased the number of rep hits you can see in the user control panel from 5 to 15.

I feel this is a good balance, giving you a larger window for more perspective, while not being too spammy.

Is it at all possible to see the rep you have given?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    nope, no option for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkMaster
    I can't find it, am I looking at the right place? This is all I see under "edit profile."

Edit: NVM, Comp fixed it. Thanks!
    You chose cp10 as ur custom title? wth does that even mean? i should neg rep you just for that.

It's a One Piece reference. CP# stands for "Cipher Pol #" which is the name given to the OP World Government's secret agent cells. In the story, CP1-8 are regular agent groups while CP9 are elite agents.

Maybe I'm slow, but I only now realised that potentially the number of people reaching 2500 in any sensible time should be cumulatively increasing all the time. Or lets say the speed people reach that limit. This is simply because more and more people will have higher reputation powers, as the impact factor of the reputation score is high on your power. So, when active people rep here and there, every active (and decent) poster gets higher power, and in turn deals it out.

Well, I'm sure most of the people are still far away from the limit (myself included), with only a couple having reached it, but ultimately it should allow a decent amount of people to have creative custom titles. Some time ago I still thought this nearly impossible, but I had failed to take in the account the fact the speed is accelerating all the time. Jolly good times.

Edit: Apparently somebody failed to understand what I wrote (and gave neg rep), so in short: As time goes and people deal out reputation to each other, they all gain higher and higher reputation power, because the power depends heavily on the total rep score. And thus every time they give more reputation to others than before. So, the speed at which everybody's reputation grows is accelerating all the time, and it's easier to get the 2500 points necessary for a custom title.
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 05-08-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    In other news, I have, on a whim, increased the number of rep hits you can see in the user control panel from 5 to 15.

I feel this is a good balance, giving you a larger window for more perspective, while not being too spammy.

Awsome thanks man, that has been a big help.

But personally i use it as a means to double check myself. See if there is something that i might have done wrong or could have done better or what i did right to continue to do it. As long as i am true to myself.

Don't really think i care about this custom title thing though. Didn't even know the limit.

But i do love the new description that you added as the reps goes higher.

xxxxxx is a serious rep- whore.

xxxx is either an admin or is blowing one.

those are two of my favorites. There should be more from the 1000 point mark onward. But i guess there are more important things that you have to deal with.

Anyways thanks again for the increase number of rep hits i can see.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

CP is a common insult in sweden. "Man you are totally CP". It stands for Cerebral Paresis/Paralysis. That was the first thing I thought about when I saw the title. Yes, I know, it's an awful insult. But I don't make up the rules, I just break 'em.