Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Licensed

Bleach Licensed

Viz Media has acquired the Bleach anime in order to push more into the teen anime market. This comes at a time when a recent Cartoon Network interview has the commentator talking about how Bleach is very much an Adult Swim oriented show and would fit well in their line-up. Time that with Inu Yasha getting closer to finishing and it looks as if Viz Media is lining things up for their next big TV push in addition to Naruto.

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar

Bleach Licensed

there already came a time where licensing doesn't mean anything anymore, but i guess it's useful information.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar

Bleach Licensed

it was bound to happen right?

Bleach Licensed

CRAP! I was hoping for licenese bleach myself after I graduated from college. Grrrrrrr, makes me really frustrated to hear that it's going to get licensed. Sigh guess I'll just have to wait for the next big anime sensation to come up so I can grab on to it's ever so illustrious gravy train.

Bleach Licensed

Can you please link to the source?

Edit:

Viz Media Acquires Bleach Anime (06:36 PM EST): According to this report from C21 Media back on February 6th, Viz Media has acquired the Bleach anime in order to push more into the teen anime market. This comes at a time when a recent Cartoon Network interview has the commentator talking about how Bleach is very much an Adult Swim oriented show and would fit well in their line-up. Time that with Inu Yasha getting closer to finishing and it looks as if Viz Media is lining things up for their next big TV push in addition to Naruto.

http://www.c21media.net/search....x=0&search_go.y=0
    http://animeondvd.com

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Bleach Licensed

Holy Hell this is big news.

Seriously, if Bleach gets on Adult Swim that will rock so hard.

*Goes off to make the "Bleach Dub" thread*

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

This licensing announcement apparently has nothing to do with North America...

For our interest, Bleach is not licensed yet.

Licensing would drop Lunar out of the subbers (at least according to their traditions). That would suck.

If you gotta get liscensed, I always felt the best place is either Adult Swim or late-nite G4. Either one means essentially no edits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Licensing would drop Lunar out of the subbers (at least according to their traditions). That would suck.
    Yeah. Hopefully Lunar will make an exception.

Lunar will not make an exception... ever.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i really am looking forward to seeing how they dub this. It had better go to Adult Swim, where it won't get editted to ribbons...

and the very cautious Animesuki hasn't removed Bleach torrents yet or made any kind of announcement I agree with Bud, the license is either not finalized yet or not yet applicable to the US

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Damnit this sucks. I'm really used to the Lunar subs for Bleach. Not that Dattebayo does a bad job, they just translate some words that Lunar didn't and leave some words in Japanese that Lunar translated. My friend's gonna be real pissed, he hates the Dattebayo subs.
    Edit: It better go to AS and not earlier. I don't want to see another One Piece happen ever again.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

I wouldn't mind switching over to Dattebayo if we really have to. I replace all my tv-rips with HQ dvd-rips and KickAssAnime happens to be doing Bleach (and they won't drop it, they have released stuff thats been licensed). Lunar will most likely drop it which does suck but...if you can watch Dattebayo's subs for Naruto, I don't think that following their subs for Bleach will be any different. And theres always the possibility that an underground subber will do Bleach (like some of Aone's staff creating HaroTori for GSD).

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    If Viz doesn't get Bleach now, then I say they're going to get it soon. With the manga rights under their belt, as well as this news, I find it really unlikely that - say, Funimation - is going to come out of nowhere and announce that they've licensed Bleach.

acctually, lunar hasn't given it up yet.

Originally Posted By Deidryt of Lunar Anime
    1) We do not consider the source to be reputable.
    2) There has been no official announcement from Viz
    3) Why is this place the only one to have a report FOR OVER A MONTH?
    4) I, personally, did some research when KgNE was licensed and some ANN (Anime News Network) people said very specifically "BLEACH IS NOT LICENSED"
    5) AnimeSuki is still serving it

That's it for now... I'm not going to make this an announcement because if something comes up in the next week to back this source up, I'd like people to post and grab our attention. Until then, business as normal.
    taken from bleach7.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

As I said, it's not being considered licensed in NA, so no reason for Lunar to drop it.

This is accually scaring me a bit, because I back up Keep's Bleach releases (as slow as they come). And Keep is notorius for dropping animes with a rumor of being licenced

I'm more worried about Naisho-TW dropping it, I think they'll keep it dropped since the translator was kinda uniterested lately or something.

It's official:
    Viz Media has informed us that they have "secured from worldwide licensors, TV Tokyo Corporation and Shueisha Inc., the television, home video and merchandising rights to Shonen Jump's Bleach in the Americas, Europe and Oceania."

Viz is the Bleach master licensor and expects to announce television broadcast and other licensing partners "shortly." John Easum, executive vice president of Viz Media, stated, "Working together with Viz Media B.V. in Europe, we look forward to making Bleach a global success.”

No specifics about the home video release are available yet.
    source: ANN

So...from what group should I get Bleach now, HF or DB?
    Last edited by Harima Kenji; Wed, 03-15-2006 at 05:26 PM.