Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Fitness and Exercise

I'm in the same boat. I used to work out 2-3 times a week, then down to once a week. Now I'm back trying to go 2-3 times a week but find I'm not doing as strenuous a workout or covering all major muscle groups. I work out at the gym at the office during breaks in the day so I can't get too sweaty. It's been a few months since I ran regularly too, but that's probably because it's 95-100 F outside.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Much better. Keep those shoulders up and that butt down. Maybe spread the feet a little wider too. Otherwise looks good from this angle. Did you try doing the corrected form with 225lbs? Was it impossible?
    I haven't tried yet, was too exhausted by the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie View Post
    I haven't tried yet, was too exhausted by the end of it.
    Did you feel a difference from doing it with the new form? When I started doing them correctly, even at lower weight, I was tired out a lot more noticeably than when I was doing it the wrong way.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Did you feel a difference from doing it with the new form? When I started doing them correctly, even at lower weight, I was tired out a lot more noticeably than when I was doing it the wrong way.
    I definitely feel less strain on my lower back. That also might be because the muscles involved have gotten used to being used.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie View Post
    I definitely feel less strain on my lower back. That also might be because the muscles involved have gotten used to being used.
    You're definitely in much better shape than I am. When I did them incorrectly I was breezing through deadlifts. When I did them the correct way I felt like puking after 3 sets. Deadlifts tax your back, shoulders, and legs, so they wear you out pretty good. At least they did to me.

You're definitely in much better shape than I am. When I did them incorrectly I was breezing through deadlifts. When I did them the correct way I felt like puking after 3 sets. Deadlifts tax your back, shoulders, and legs, so they wear you out pretty good. At least they did to me.
    I gym about 5 days a week. 2 days on and 1 day off.

Much better. Keep those shoulders up and that butt down. Maybe spread the feet a little wider too. Otherwise looks good from this angle. Did you try doing the corrected form with 225lbs? Was it impossible?
    I did one rep of 225 lbs today. Felt good on the way up. The lightheadedness started to kick in on the way down. Felt like I could've went higher, but not risking to look like this guy here.

Last edited by LaZie; Sat, 08-08-2015 at 12:13 PM.

anybody here wearing a fitbit wristband?

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    anybody here wearing a fitbit wristband?
    I don't, but speaking of fitbit wristbands, here's an interesting post I found on reddit.

Wore my Fitbit heart rate monitor during sex. Beautiful./

Hey, guys, how's everyone's goals so far?

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Started to seriously lift in January. Here are my PRs so far:

Bench: 5x 125 lb
    Squat: 5x 225 lb
    Deadlift: 5x 315 lb

Didn't make much gains until last month when I switched to a new plan composed entirely of all compound exercises. Goal for the summer is to get to 200/300/400 lbs, hopefully, but it might take another year before I reach that.
    Only reached one of my goals; here are my new #s (in lbs):

Bench: 5x170
    Squat: 5x365
    Sumo Deadlift: 5x335 (5x395 for conventional deadlift, but switched over to sumo)

Just saw this video from Reddit. It's a parody of Drake's song Back to Back and it's about gym etiquette. Pretty hilarious.