Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness and Exercise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    I'd like to learn swimming, but its quite impossible for me I cannot swim at all. Maybe I'll try soccer for cardio; basketball is fun and all, but meh...there's like one court in the city i live, and I know there will be people playing there that i don't like.
    Dude there's no way you can't swim lol all you have to do is flap your legs and arms on the water . Or is it some kind of trauma?

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Play DDR. I bet koreans love DDR.
    yes they do

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=UEeJRiDJ69I

and i <3 em. if you do it like they do i m pretty sure u'll lose weight very fast ^^

Junior
    Hmmm, well, I gym every day for about...1h 30min, sometimes less since I'm the laziest person in the world. I used to swim every second day (I'm so happy I have a pool)...then it got cold, and I got lazier.

But really, working out and eating right and you get amazing results. =0

Junior, you look to be about 80lbs (37kg). You might want to try a more sedentary lifestyle. Just kidding.

I find you don't even need to workout, just stay active while eating right. Try not to eat after 7PM unless you do something active later. Don't skip meals, that's a bad idea because it starves your system so it tries to save more energy in the form of fat, plus you need nutrients and energy to keep going. Eat more often but smaller portions to keep your metabolism going. It's not that hard, just have to keep at it.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Junior
    80lbs? XD omg anorexic.

And you're pretty much right. Random, but I've noticed a lot with people is that they eat a little then stop even though they're still hungry. Isn't it best to eat til you're NOT hungry? I don't mean, over-eat or completely stuff yourself, but it's best to at least feed your body.

Especially these teenage girls. Always starving themselves (like seriously, is a carrot really going to fill you?). And in the end, they STILL look terrible.

You gotta eat. D:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    yes they do

and i <3 em. if you do it like they do i m pretty sure u'll lose weight very fast ^^
    Omg that looks... cool! Wtf they're gamers they're supposed to be nerdy this is against the laws of physics!!

Omg Junior eating is so not sexy ...

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9n8QHCkPLA

Junior
    Gamers? Nerdy? Only a few. >.> When you play DDR, that isn't nerdy. All the people I know that play DDR are cool.

Dancing must be the best and most fun way to lose weight. I wish I had DDR. I should save up monies.

Blog Entries
    Err... what's DDR? Is it that game?

Junior
    Dance Dance revolution? o.o

The game those guys are playing.

Blog Entries
    ohh so that's how it's called. Is it a famous game? Never really heard of it around here

yes they do

Or you could be like this kid:
    http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=4yk-ESYl7Bc&NR=1
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

but thats not the korean way of doing things...

whatever it is koreans do it like they don't do anything else in their lives ^^

btw AA, anime-fans are supposed to be nerdy too :O and yes DDR very famous... i m pretty sure you know Guitar Hero? the basics are the same.

btw junior i can't get enough of your avatar and signature... she's so hawt.
    at least i hope its a "she" xD... her eyes... so clear and blue
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 03-28-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    i know, i'm a nerd too :P

But that dance thingy looks like fun i wish i could try it sometime.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I find you don't even need to workout, just stay active while eating right. Try not to eat after 7PM unless you do something active later. Don't skip meals, that's a bad idea because it starves your system so it tries to save more energy in the form of fat, plus you need nutrients and energy to keep going. Eat more often but smaller portions to keep your metabolism going. It's not that hard, just have to keep at it.
    I can't quote this hard enough. All of it is true. Exercising (cardio and weight lifting) at least 3 times a week just helps lose fat and gain muscle much faster and more efficiently but having a good diet is the base of all that.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Fri, 03-28-2008 at 05:50 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

yeah. i usually do nothing. having an awesome metabolism and a nutrition degree helps. that, and i'm pretty intuitive about food. if i'm hungry, i eat, if i'm not, i don't.

actually, that's not true, that i do nothing. my lifestyle in general is fairly active. i'm usually on my feet at least 8 to 10 hours a day straight (not including lunch breaks) at work, which i usually have at least three days of the week.

Junior
    but thats not the korean way of doing things...

whatever it is koreans do it like they don't do anything else in their lives ^^

btw AA, anime-fans are supposed to be nerdy too :O and yes DDR very famous... i m pretty sure you know Guitar Hero? the basics are the same.

btw junior i can't get enough of your avatar and signature... she's so hawt.
    at least i hope its a "she" xD... her eyes... so clear and blue

XD

Yes. Us anime-fans are nerdy. AND PROUD. HUZZAH.

And yes, yes she is very hot. Hotter than the sun.

if i'm hungry, i eat, if i'm not, i don't.
    I swear that is the key to being healthy. People sometimes eat for no reason. it's such a waste of food. D:

QUESTION: How do you know when you're healthy? Do you look at BMI? I mean...muscle weighs more than fat, so can it really be accurate?

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. It is denser than fat.

Just want to throw in my nerdy credentials there.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior

QUESTION: How do you know when you're healthy? Do you look at BMI? I mean...muscle weighs more than fat, so can it really be accurate?
    BMI has nothing to do with being healthy (at least not much)..

even if you weight 70KG and you are 1,80 meters tall, it means nothing if you have to breathe hard when you go up some stairs or have a very high blood pressure or puls rate when you do some sports then.

thats not healthy and thats what happens if you don't do any sports normally ... its very bad for the heart btw.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. It is denser than fat.

Just want to throw in my nerdy credentials there.
    So...denser means...well...so that's why it's heavier?

KrayZ...I see I see...so is BMI just to check if your body's in proportion? o.o;

BMI was debunked in the 70s as an unrealistic measurement of one's fitness. Never use it again.

Yes, denser therefore more mass, therefore heavier. I think.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?