Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Fitness and Exercise

I've never had this, but why don't you take a protein shake before/during your workout? They're quick to prepare (~20 seconds) and it stimulates the release of ghrelin/PYY3-36 which suppresses hunger.

Wouldn't suggest carbohydrates due to insulin spikes or fats due to pesky atherosclerosis/ possibly developing a leptin resistance, etc.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Wouldn't suggest carbohydrates due to insulin spikes or fats due to pesky atherosclerosis/ possibly developing a leptin resistance, etc.
    What about protein leading to decreased pH, using up my phosphate buffer and losing calcium?

Hunger decrease aye... that would be worth experimenting. I guess I'll bring a tin of tuna or something Protein shakes are expensive.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

lul if anything Ketoacidosis will fuck up your PH and screw up your buffers, but you should be fine as long as you're not diabetic/on a weird ketogenic diet (more fat than anything). Your protein shake will have carbs anyway so you're still getting glycolysis at least~

I don't know if tuna is enough protein... I'd check the value. A tub of whey protein costs me $15 and lasts me a few months, so it might actually be cheaper than tuna assuming tuna is like 0.80 a day and you eat one every other day.

2 years later edit: weird ketogenic diet = awesome!
    Last edited by Sapphire; Fri, 07-31-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphi
    lul if anything Ketoacidosis will fuck up your PH and screw up your buffers, but you should be fine as long as you're not diabetic/on a weird ketogenic diet (more fat than anything).
    I've gone on a ketogenic diet before, didn't screw me up, but I didn't have a complete protein source, so some of my muscle must have been used to compensate for the missing amino acid or two.

I've got to check out these cheap protein sources, all the ones I see are expensive as fuck, though I do know of a place that advertises themselves as being cheap. I eat more like.. 4 tins of tuna a day. (one per meal)

I mix a cup of fat-free milk with a scoop of this and it works wonders. (fat-free to conserve calories)

There's some cheap whey like Dymatize Elite XT, which is like $30 for a 5 pound tub. It's not the greatest quality but it's cheap. The one i use atm is Muscle Pharm Combat Powder, which is like $40 for a 4 lb tub however your mileage will vary since you're not in the States. I mix mine with water cause I'm on a cut atm (a scoop is like 25g of protein).

Also I don't know if you should be eating that much tuna. All that Mercury.

I switch it up with sardines every now and again, but I think I'm going to start back on my peanut butter diet soon enough. What's the meaning behind "quality" protein vs cheap protein? I saw a 3KG tub near my place that charges 100 dollars for it (and that's 40% off). I've know people who bought 2kgs for 111 dollars...

And then you have the offer Sapphi linked.

Do you guys use it to simply supplement your workouts, or pretty much rely on it as your only protein source?

I don't know the diff myself, but as far as suppressing hunger and making me feel satisfied with muscle gain, Super Advanced works for me lolz. T_T!~~

I sometimes use it as a meal replacement, and almost always chug it directly after workouts. It's tasty, too.

I never use Whey Protein as a meal, only as a supplement for my macros. Whey Protein in bulk is cheaper than buying a bunch of meat, and lower in calories too (A 33g scoop of my Whey is 25g of protien and 130 calories mixed with water). Of course I still eat regularly but only use the Whey to hit my target protein goal on workout days (which is known popularly to either by .8 or 1.0 gram of protein per pound of body weight).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I switch it up with sardines every now and again, but I think I'm going to start back on my peanut butter diet soon enough. What's the meaning behind "quality" protein vs cheap protein? I saw a 3KG tub near my place that charges 100 dollars for it (and that's 40% off). I've know people who bought 2kgs for 111 dollars...

And then you have the offer Sapphi linked.

Do you guys use it to simply supplement your workouts, or pretty much rely on it as your only protein source?
    Bill, as a fellow Aussie I can recommend Bulk Nutrients WPI. It's a very pure product with very little in the way of additives. Their Cookies n Cream flavour is pretty good; I also have a big 5kg bag of standard vanilla sitting in my house which has lasted a fair while.

Personally I only use pure WPI to supplement my workouts (before and after) and the rest of the time I eat whole foods. But when I was first starting to lose weight I used to have a whey shake (just with water) and a piece of fruit, mid morning and mid afternoon. I got really good results from that for a long time. Eventually I had to go back to whole foods to keep improving.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Who else LOVES this girls body? Exercise motivation!

Too skinny. I like a girl with a little more meat on her.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

She looks delicious.
    -----------------

God Usher is annoying. Actually Ani she looks pretty good. That is my girlfriend's body type though so I might be prejudice. I think it is the heels that make her look so lanky and awkward, girls like her really shouldn't wear them. She seems pretty tall, Usher is rather short for a guy, only about 5'8" and she seems like she would be taller than him even without those ridiculous shoes.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

She does look good but I'm a leg man and her legs are too skimpy. It means she probably doesn't work out.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Oh I forgot about your weird perfect leg obsession. Not to dampen Sapphire's enthusiasm but my girlfriend doesn't work out either. That body type seems to be something you are born to. This is just weird though, I am not as obsessed with aesthetics as you are or at all for that matter.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Are you saying Ani's obsessed w/ aesthetics, or me?

Animeniax of course.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Are you saying Ani's obsessed w/ aesthetics, or me?
    I interpreted that at first as "Are you saying Ani's obsessed w/ aesthetics, or with me?"

-The answer was going to be "both".

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    Oh I forgot about your weird perfect leg obsession. Not to dampen Sapphire's enthusiasm but my girlfriend doesn't work out either. That body type seems to be something you are born to. This is just weird though, I am not as obsessed with aesthetics as you are or at all for that matter.
    It's not about aesthetics, it's about indicators. If you have nice legs then most likely you put in the time and effort to work-out and shape those lovely legs which says a lot about your work ethic and dedication. That may not translate to all aspects of your life but I'd like to think it does. Meanwhile big titty bitches are either born with them or get implants, neither of which requires any effort, and even aesthetically breasts do less for me than nice legs.