Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where should I start reading Naruto manga

Where should I start reading Naruto manga

im really getting sick of the fillers, and even though i've been reading the manga for a while now, i still havent read everything, like kakashi gaiden and stuff, so could some1 tell me where i should start?

I'm making this thread the official thread to ask where to start reading the manga

Budweineken
    Last edited by Munsu; Thu, 03-23-2006 at 12:39 PM.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar

where should i start with naruto manga

Start where you left off maybe?
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

I agree thats good advice. Just start where you left off.

yes , but i jumped in the manga at like where naruto does kage bunshin rasengan on itachi, so i dont know where i should start to read all the stuff i didnt read yet ( like kakashi gaiden), in other words, where the anime started showing fillers
    -----------------

ch 238... thats where kakashi gaiden starts... right after sasuke and naruto fights.

ty

edit: sorry for double post
    Last edited by Munsu; Thu, 03-23-2006 at 12:38 PM.
    -----------------

i like watching the animes but i find it kind of slow. Should i start reading? I'm at the part where the bear country star sutff is enidng where naruto meets the star kids in the konoha villiage

if you want to know what happens next then start. if you don't want to know then don't start.

try naruto manga returns its a msn group im in they have every manga

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi_man
    i like watching the animes but i find it kind of slow. Should i start reading? I'm at the part where the bear country star sutff is enidng where naruto meets the star kids in the konoha villiage
    that arc is a filler.. just read the manga.. or else start off at naruto shipuden.

Good job answering a 9 month old question. Try to be less obvious the next time you make a useless post in order to get your post count up.

-Assassin
    Last edited by Assassin; Thu, 02-15-2007 at 10:14 PM.

I was just wondering about something. My friend told me that the manga has a very good Sharingan chapter which never fully appeared in the anime. If that's the case, I'm missing something, since I picked up at Kakashi Gaiden (around anime filler time). So, if anybody could help me out, by telling me which chapter that is (should be somewhere around the flashback where Itachi betrays his clan), I would appreciate that a lot.

On the other hand, if you find you have to search through every chapter to find it, don't bother. I don't want to waste anybody's time.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMmmmm
    I was just wondering about something. My friend told me that the manga has a very good Sharingan chapter which never fully appeared in the anime. If that's the case, I'm missing something, since I picked up at Kakashi Gaiden (around anime filler time). So, if anybody could help me out, by telling me which chapter that is (should be somewhere around the flashback where Itachi betrays his clan), I would appreciate that a lot.

On the other hand, if you find you have to search through every chapter to find it, don't bother. I don't want to waste anybody's time.
    If it should've been in the anime by now, then your friend is probably referring to the Kakashi Gaiden itself.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

i had a break from the manga for a few months, and when i started back up, i read like 10chapters back, then i continued on. i would suggest going back a few chapters, just to get the grasp on where exactly you were, then going on

Nice. Way to answer a 5 month old question. And i had already warned someone just two posts up about the exact same thing.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I'll use this thread then..

I want to start reading the manga, too and I'm currently on the the anime level... Hidan and Kakuzu just killed the monk to get his bounty (the guy from the 12 ninja-guardians)

which chapter or volume is it?
    Should I start reading there or even a few chapters before? (maybe the anime made a big mistake in that arc)

I do not intend to read any further than the anime currently is, I think I'm going to read the manga chapter first and then watch the anime (rinse and repeat every weak)... so I get the right story and the animation of the fights too (and I'm still able to discuss things in the anime-threads ^^)

so what chapter is it? and is there a site which still has those old chapters ready for download? (I don't want to read it online, only if there is no other way)

Yay, I win over another one. Chapter 312 would be a good place to begin. Its right after the end of previous arc where they went searching for Sasuke and its where Hidan and Kakuzu make their first appearance. It would be hard to avoid spoilers at this point since the anime doesn't stick strictly to the manga so there are a few things you'll see in a chapter that hasn't been animated yet even though the anime used something else from that very same chapter.

As for a place to download them, Mangatraders is always a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    ch 238... thats where kakashi gaiden starts... right after sasuke and naruto fights.
    I would check out the Kakashi gaiden too if I were you, because its pretty cool and its obvious its never going to be in the anime. Its 239 though.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 09-05-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

alrdy did that on youtube I think ... I don't know if its considered spoiling if I talk about it but :

spoil It's that story where Kakashi got his eye right? with that small boy who gets smashed by a big stone (if I remember correctly) when they fought that Ninja...and Kakashi finished him off with his new technique called Chidori which he was now able to use perfectly since he has the sharingan /spoil

but I guess I'll re-read it.

OK ty then. I hope it's still avaible on Mangatraders... will start downloading and looking for it tomorrow.

well maybe I won't be able to stop reading the manga and catch up to u guys soon...

and maybe I won't be able to hold my selfmade promise..
    I do not intend to read any further than the anime currently is

Eh, don't waste your time downloading em. Just read them all online...
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/312/01/
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

He says he wants to download them, I have no idea why but if the guy doesn't like reading online he doesn't like reading online.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 09-05-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Because I can zoom in and stuff... and there might be a time where my internet doesn't work and I want to re-read it (or read it in general)

it's not like manga take away a lot of hard drive space.... ~10mb for a chapter? (I think it's even less)

with 500 chapters its not even 5 gig... thats nothing if you've got a terabyte (or 500 GB)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 09-06-2008 at 08:06 AM.