Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Improved Front page

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: God#2
    Erm........I dont like the frontpage. I've been accustomed to the old one for like a year/ a year and a half. I don't like this sudden new change [img][/img].
    *sigh* read my first post!
    image fail!

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

The Improved Front page

great they added the new release of naruto by AonE
    you mean this?
    Before you comment you must know that It's a generic design because it's just a temporary template!

The Improved Front page

New banner rocks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    New banner rocks [img][/img]
    From which angle.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

The Improved Front page

because it look new and old at the same time?

The Improved Front page

That banner is an old one i found in an image folder from the old site. I put it up just so there's something for you to click to get to the main page for now. It's NOT permanent.

The Improved Front page

Hey, I cant log into the main site with my forum's password and username.

Also someone deleted my gallery.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

The Improved Front page

Jadugar, I hear that the Frontpage now uses the same Username and Password as the Forums. I registered a different account on the Frontpage too, but its replaced by the forum one now.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: What do you people think shoud be covered in the news and updates on the frontpage? Release news is too obvious (and tedious) of an answer. Think hard about what you'd like to get from the Gotwoot frontpage.

I have the following ideas:
    A weekly/monthly Anime Review section: Each week pick a new anime, post the pick and have people from the forums submit their reviews on it. Wait a week to get submissions. Then either a team of admins/mods/respected peoples picks the winner, or there is a Poll (running for one week) to pick the winner. Winner's review gets featured on the website. This would make a new anime review every week!

Anime news coverage. What series are new, who is making them, who is subbing them. Pretty basic stuff. I can see covering major releases (Dattebayo's Bleach/Naruto, Nanashi's Eureka Seven, FMP:2ndRaid, Ani-Kraze's Monster, anything Gundam) but people can really see all that stuff on a torrent tracker anyhow... So it would be sorta useless covering more than the major releases.

Featured Fansub group of the month: This would be different from the Anime Review of the Week. Every month someone (whichever brave soul volunteers for it, or whoever got Krb's old job) picks a fansub group and does a little writeup on them. Who are their people, what they cover, some factoids about them. Personal reaction to the quality of their work.

A weekly/daily poll: "What did you think of this week's Naruto? Sucked, Ok, Above average, Incredible, Didn't watch. Or stuff like "who is your favorite Gundam protagonist of all time".

Blog style reactions to specific episodes, to accompany/follow some anime releases. I personally have mixed feelings on this one. A funny/high quality critique of episodes, especially pivotal episodes would be a great IMO. On the other hand, nobody likes reading a spoiler in some wackjob's blog. So I would recommend a blog (person would have to be approved by the GW owners and staff) that tried to be as in-depth as possible WITHOUT spoiling the episode. That'd be alittle hard, but I think it's the right fit.

This shit is pretty important POST YOUR DAMN RECOMMENDATIONS! And try to be serious about them.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: Jadugar

Also someone deleted my gallery.[img][/img]

Try again? Works for everyone else...

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    Jadugar, I hear that the Frontpage now uses the same Username and Password as the Forums. I registered a different account on the Frontpage too, but its replaced by the forum one now.
    I am using the same password and username from the forums but it aint working. Maybe they are still tweaking it.

A weekly/monthly Anime Review section: Each week pick a new anime, post the pick and have people from the forums submit their reviews on it. Wait a week to get submissions. Then either a team of admins/mods/respected peoples picks the winner, or there is a Poll (running for one week) to pick the winner. Winner's review gets featured on the website. This would make a new anime review every week!
    You mean like this thread, 30 Second Anime Review.

It would certainly help people to decide which animes to choose for their viewing.

Anime news coverage. What series are new, who is making them, who is subbing them. Pretty basic stuff. I can see covering major releases (Dattebayo's Bleach/Naruto, Nanashi's Eureka Seven, FMP:2ndRaid, Ani-Kraze's Monster, anything Gundam) but people can really see all that stuff on a torrent tracker anyhow... So it would be sorta useless covering more than the major releases.
    I think Bud does that in the general anime section. Every new anime that comes out get a Bud's treatment.

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: Jadugar

Also someone deleted my gallery.[img][/img]
    i knew i wasn't the only one... i resetted my pass and then it worked. dunno if you want to do that though..

The Improved Front page

Usernames as well as passwords are case sensitive, so in my case, Wilik I would require a capital W in my username for me to login correctly on the main site.

That place over there........ahh never mind

The Improved Front page

Liking the link to the main page at the top.

and the case sensitivity is alright, but I could do without it(just my little nit-pick)

the one thing I didn't like was that El-boss has that vegeta picture with only the hair(that he put on Wiper) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

R.I.P Captain America.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

The Improved Front page

I can't figure out how to use the gallery. It keeps saying "Welcome, guest."

Otherwise it's all good. I even like the new banner, even if it is only emporary. And I like this idea:

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

The Improved Front page

This could be good, especially covering new high-quality series. I don't think anybody anymore needs to read Naruto or Bleach reviews... Of course visitor written reviews are found at places like Animenfo, but if aimed for a single, objective high quality review, it would make a difference. I think a team of picking the best review could work just fine.

This would kind of tie in to the reviews of new series. Unless somebody seriously took on himself a tedious job of keeping an eye on all new releases and subber changes. Of course major changes in shows like Bleach or Naruto would be regular news, I think.

Featured Fansub group of the month: This would be different from the Anime Review of the Week. Every month someone (whichever brave soul volunteers for it, or whoever got Krb's old job) picks a fansub group and does a little writeup on them. Who are their people, what they cover, some factoids about them. Personal reaction to the quality of their work.
    This would indeed be great, if a person willing and capable of doing it could be found. With so many subber groups around I doubt anybody could know 'em all, but it would be a good start if the person doing this would know at least something.

A weekly/daily poll: "What did you think of this week's Naruto? Sucked, Ok, Above average, Incredible, Didn't watch. Or stuff like "who is your favorite Gundam protagonist of all time".
    Standard but nice and fun website fare.

Blog style reactions to specific episodes, to accompany/follow some anime releases. I personally have mixed feelings on this one. A funny/high quality critique of episodes, especially pivotal episodes would be a great IMO. On the other hand, nobody likes reading a spoiler in some wackjob's blog. So I would recommend a blog (person would have to be approved by the GW owners and staff) that tried to be as in-depth as possible WITHOUT spoiling the episode. That'd be alittle hard, but I think it's the right fit.
    Honestly I don't see how this could work in practice. The forum episode discussion threads are pretty much for this purpose, in the end.

Nice suggestions, altogether. I have to confess I'm personally more of the forum visitor type of people than front page reader, so I can't say how important a really active main site would be for me, in the end.

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
    I can't figure out how to use the gallery. It keeps saying "Welcome, guest."
    You need to be logged in to use that feature. Even then its quite over complexed.
    2 MB is not enough. Is this going to change?

Login Resolved
    -----------------

Case sensitive thing didnt work. So I created a new account with the same name and password from the forum and bingo I am in.

Now I can surf between the main page and the forum flawlessly.

The Improved Front page

I'm facing the same problem as XanBcoo even though I've already logged in. I'm able to leave a comment, but the gallery still views me as a guest.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

The Improved Front page

Yeah, I seem to be logged in, but my album still says I'm a guest
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The Improved Front page

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    Yeah, I seem to be logged in, but my album still says I'm a guest
    You and Psyke are both in the db as users in the gallery, check if you have cookies enabled etc.

The Improved Front page

ok, i can't log in to the main site with my forum name/pass either. I tried both "assassin" and "Assassin", but still says incorrect login/pass. Any suggestions?