Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince of Tennis OVA: National Championship Chapter

Prince of Tennis OVA: National Championship Chapter

I don't know how the TV series ended, but I'm pretty sure this is good news... I assume that this is a sequel continuing the story where the TV left off...

"Bandai Visual (Japan) has announced that it will release The Prince of Tennis: The National Tournament starting on March 24, 2006. The 7-volume series will be animated by M.S.C., in collaboration with Production I.G. Shunsuke Tada will direct. Thanks to Vitruvius for this item."

http://animenewsnetwork.com/en...edia/anime.php?id=6249
    http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8342
    http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?discuss=8342

Edit: Just saw this on tokyotosho, I assume it's the OVA.

Released by Ani-Jiyuu

http://tracker.anime-jiyuu.org:6969/...70f0bc.torrent
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 04-25-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 04-25-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Just based on the first ep, the animation is a definite improvement from the crappy stills with a single pinwheeling racket that was so popular in the TV series =P It's the National Tournament so the setup is already pretty exciting... for some reason in this ep they're not so subtle with the Tezuka worship. The shot with Oishi blushing at Tezuka's entrance was kinda funny

Awesome Bud, thanks for the link. Downloading now. Super thanks!

First episode was pretty good, I wonder how good Echizen is going to be on this tournament considering he was pretty much kicking Lleyton Hewitt's ass in the US Open.

Also, the next two episodes (2 and 3) should come out on DVD in two months or so, with every DVD coming out every two months until episode 13, each DVD containing two episodes.

I wondered about that too, but it's PoT where anything improbable can become a sincere possibility But man, a 2-month gap between a couple of eps is gonna be frustrating...

So these are DVD rips and not actual recordings from Japan?

Yes since the Episodes are released on DVD's. They are not on Japaneese TV. Hence OVA Original Video Animation (i think)

Any update on this? The raws came out a month ago, did they not?

Raws 4 and 5 are out too now.
    Last edited by narutosharingan; Sun, 07-30-2006 at 11:03 AM.

Episode 2 was released a couple of days ago:

http://a.scarywater.net/saizen/%5BSa...5D.mp4.torrent

It's nice to see Echizen messing around. I don't know who else is going to win other than Tezuka, but I can't wait to see Fuji's 4th counter. Of course, it would be nice if other grps subbed it (I wish AO was doing it, but they stopped), since 5 raws are out.

Thanks a lot Bud!

By the way, I haven't seen the 3rd ep yet but in the 2nd, isn't Ootori's match still going on even after Echizen's...yet he didn't even break a sweat or anything? They showed him before, and after that match.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Don't know what match you mean, didn't pay much attention.

Here's episode 5:
    http://a.scarywater.net/saizen/%5BSa...5D.mp4.torrent

I thought episode 4 was very boring, the Kikumaru singles game. This episode was much better, and next one should be great with Tezuka finally playing.

^ i was a little eerie in watching ep 5 cause i don't want something super good to happen and then i have to wait for the next episode. But kikumaru's match was very entertaining ^_^
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." by Sir Winston Churchill"

Episode 5 sucked, Inui did shit, Kaidou didn't even use boomerang, the only good part was at the end where Momoshirou figured out Kaidou was using a powerband the whole match.

Momo: That guy's a monster...

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Saizen just released :

Episode 6 - Saizen

I thought this was a good episode, we finally saw Tezuka at "full" strength... Last comment by Ryoma was good.

While it was good and interesting, I think PoT has completely given up making their specials logical and realistic. I mean the whole "2 Kikamaru" thing along with the new two forms of aura...

Also, why didn't Sanada us Muga no Kyouichi when he was playing Ryoma?

Episode 7 from a while ago
    just a bonus episode, nothing to do with story.
    it left some disturbing images in my head though. my stomach is still a bit queasy right now